• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the DS3 thread moves too fast. Two questions:

Do the candle holding statues have any significance in the first normal area? I mean if you go right you end in an area where there is one statue on a carpet.

I freed that guy from the cell in the first area and he gave me a ring to give to someone called Loretta or so. In the Undead Village I found her bones. What to do?

Not sure about the first question but for the 2nd one:

the guy you released from the cell will be in firelink shrine now. Got to Andre then go down the stairs to the left. Talk to that guy to finish off that quest line.

So what does NG+ do in a Dark Souls game? Just make the enemies incrementally tougher? Or does it also change how high your character can scale? Seems like you'd eventually not be able to keep up if the enemies change a lot.

You keep up by getting gud.

Corpekata

Banned
Presuming he plans to do the DLC (which he should, since it's pretty great except for Iron King) it's probably a bit more time too.

To give you a general idea.

Drangleic Castle > ???? > ???? > ???? > ????? > ??? > ? > Final Boss

If I had to guess, I'd say you have about 10-15 hours to go.

There's not much left. I'd say you'll wrap it up in another 5-7 hours.

EDIT - Yeah I was wrong. Probably 10 hours to go.

about ten hours sounds totally doable. I might just pass on the DLC for now, though, as I can only handle so much souls at a time. Thanks!!!

Tizoc

*licks lips*
lxElO7l.jpg

Gonna double dip so hoooooooooooooord

Presuming he plans to do the DLC (which he should, since it's pretty great except for Iron King) it's probably a bit more time too.

I dunno.
I thought the Ivory King DLC was the worst of the three. I mean, it's still pretty good, but the only highlights are
the main boss (it's a nice co-op mash-up), and going back through the dungeon to collect all of the defrosted treasures.

Sometimes though it just felt really obnoxious.

Those spiny rodent things remind me too much of wheel skeletons.
Fighting evil reindeer while half-blind.

The Iron King has some bullshit as well though.
That side area with the Blue Lava boss. Ugh.

There is also a special end boss in SOTFS that you won't fight unless you've cleared the DLC first.

Actually you only have to kill
Vendrick
before the regular final boss.

Knurek

*licks lips*
lxElO7l.jpg

Gonna double dip so hoooooooooooooord

If SpiChun does only bring this one to Steam, they are making one of the most stupid moves in the history of Japanese publishers.
More inane than Sega following Valkyria Chronicles with Sonic Lost Worlds.

cyba89

Downloading a 40GB game from the windows store is so bad. I can't change the download location so I had to delete stuff from my 250GB SSD.
But for some reason the download still filled up the drive resulting in an error. I moved more stuff and resumed the download. Now it says "0.1GB of 42.1GB" again but the downloaded data is still on my SSD.

Jawmuncher

I just lost 50k souls out of impatience. Dang that hurts.

You know losing a lot of souls is something that never happens to me. I usually play with going into a new zone with as much of my souls used as possible. Then I save any soul items until after I've beaten a boss. I then use them all for levels, etc before going onto the next place. I also run past a lot once I've gotten to a boss so that I can always grab the souls I did drop.

r3n4ud

You know losing a lot of souls is something that never happens to me. I usually play with going into a new zone with as much of my souls used as possible. Then I save any soul items until after I've beaten a boss. I then use them all for levels, etc before going onto the next place. I also run past a lot once I've gotten to a boss so that I can always grab the souls I did drop.
So, you're saying you're better than him?

Cuz it sounds like you're saying you're better than him :p

Tizoc

If SpiChun does only bring this one to Steam, they are making one of the most stupid moves in the history of Japanese publishers.

You have a knack for over-reacting.
For all we know it was designed to work stand alone

Speaking of which
DanganRonpa 1 and 2 are BOTH discounted until the 18th

Help!

Is it safe to purchase a game on Steam if my account's store country is different with my original one?
I accidentally changed it last week, and I can only change it back a few days later. FFIX is releasing soon so I hope it's okay.

Ludens

Banned
http://imgur.com/QUq73su

Found this, I don't know if it's true, but if so...wow, SE is charging more on PC than iOS.
And this would be the first time, since all iOS FF titles cost the same on PC.
Also if the game is really priced like that, its almost three times expensive than PS1 version which is 10€ right now.

Lol okay that's really what I was wanting so that's good I guess.

I'm half joking, your character does carry over and though enemies have higher HP and damage they also give more souls.

Sure, but everyone's been in that situation where they lost souls because they were careless/impatient/overconfident/etc.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Help!

Is it safe to purchase a game on Steam if my account's store country is different with my original one?
I accidentally changed it last week, and I can only change it back a few days later. FFIX is releasing soon so I hope it's okay.

Technically that's cross-region purchasing, but I doubt Valve would care if it's just a one-off. You could just play it safe and wait, though; FFIX isn't going to have any pre-order/day one incentives.

Technically that's cross-region purchasing, but I doubt Valve would care if it's just a one-off. You could just play it safe and wait, though; FFIX isn't going to have any pre-order/day one incentives.

It's a HK store, to be exact. I think it is indeed region-restricted.
Yeah, you're right. I've been waiting for months, a few more days wouldn't hurt.. I hope. :(

Tizoc

I've played 999, but not VLR yet.

Maybe I'll get Zero Time Dilemna day one on PC, then come back later for VLR when it's ported.

Eh if you can get a cheap Vita or 3DS you can experience VLR that way :p

http://imgur.com/QUq73su

Found this, I don't know if it's true, but if so...wow, SE is charging more on PC than iOS.
And this would be the first time, since all iOS FF titles cost the same on PC.
Also if the game is really priced like that, its almost three times expensive than PS1 version which is 10€ right now.

It'll be discounted. I could hook you up to a trader if you want it cheaper :V

Anno

I haven't gotten too far into DS3, but fuck this level design is on point.

Also, got a Katana....so I think I'm using that for a while.

Yeah the Uchi is great. I was having a hard time with the guy too (I'm so awful at parrying) until I realized he's basically defenseless against the herald spear L2 and just stabbed him down.

Yeah the Uchi is great. I was having a hard time with the guy too (I'm so awful at parrying) until I realized he's basically defenseless against the herald spear L2 and just stabbed him down.

I cheesed him with firebombs from on top the building like a bitch.

They brought VLR to Vita without 999 though :")
Although, I wouldn't mind as I already played the first two. I just want to play it asap on Steam.

Roarer

Wanting to pull the trigger (no pun intended) on Danganronpa, but I have a pretty spotty history with Japanese VNs (or story driven games in general). For example, I love the Phoenix Wright games, but didn't really care for Hatoful Boyfriend and a recent playthrough of Valkyria Chronicles had me bored to tears by the story. I guess I'm just not a fan of the twee kind of animu? I don't know.

Is there any way for me to sample some of the dialogue/writing without getting spoiled a bunch?

Oh, and people, get Soma. 40% off for one of the best games of last year. Just do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom