• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
ppl on the dark souls thread confirmed me there's no spider enemies in the game (there's one spider esque thing but i already killed it and it wasn't a big deal)

man that's a relief

from can still screw me over with dlc like cdpr did but thanks miyazaki for having mercy on me

Vuze

ppl on the dark souls thread confirmed me there's no spider enemies in the game (there's one spider esque thing but i already killed it and it wasn't a big deal)

man that's a relief

from can still screw me over with dlc like cdpr did but thanks miyazaki for having mercy on me
You're in for a huge hairy surprise man. Unless that's what you already killed.
Cathedral of Deep
and
Anor Londo

Didn't GMG changed their site? So I believe the 25€ price is new, since the page seems updated with date etc. 25€ is too much, it's the price of Type 0, not even Capcom charged so much for REmastered and 0, and sure they worked on those games more than SE with a PS1 port.

Yeah, a GMG employee just tweeted that it was an error:

Sayem Ahmed
@SayemAhmd

@Wario64 Hello! GMG person here. That price is incorrect!
https://twitter.com/SayemAhmd/status/720303689123119108

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Didn't GMG changed their site? So I believe the 25€ price is new, since the page seems updated with date etc. 25€ is too much, it's the price of Type 0, not even Capcom charged so much for REmastered and 0, and sure they worked on those games more than SE with a PS1 port.

One thing about the Capcom comparison, they've been strangely price concious with RE recently, think it's a marketying strategy to help define their lower-budget and higher-budget RE games and to make people buy more of their lower-budget efforts. The REmake and Zero HD both were $20, Resident Evil Revelations 2 had a lower price average, despite all three games probably could of gotten away with charging a bit more, but they have been pricing stuff like that recently in the series. Umbrella Corps upcoming will also be $30, and the upcoming PS4/Xbox One RE6/RE5/RE4 ports are all $20 as well.

Resident Evil 7 will probably be a full-price release, and REmake 2 will obviously cost more than REmake and Zero HD since it's actually a brand new remake which takes more time and money, and is not a re-release, but I've found their pricing for the recent RE's interesting.

JakeD

skullgirls people know there is an issue with the 50% discount, they are in touch with valve about it and they say it won't matter if you paid for the DLC or got it for free (and you only need one piece for the discount to apply) source: their twitter page

zkylon

zkylewd
You're in for a huge hairy surprise man. Unless that's what you already killed.
Cathedral of Deep
and
Anor Londo
yea i killed that one. it didn't do anything for me, it was just a bit creepy when looked from the side but the way it moves and everything just didn't have a spider effect on me, thankfully.

didnt know you went to that second place tho (there's a second one there, right?)

fuck spoilers in this game are so hard to manage lol

honestly, i kind of expected it, given how the rest of the game's going

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

zkylon

zkylewd
K, bought Banner Saga 2 from GMG, let's see how this cashback offer works out ._.

interested in hearing about the changes they've made to the gameplay

specialy how leveling and turns work, if there were any major changes there (which are the two parts of the game i think were pretty weak)

well a few things:

Let me clarify myself towards your two points.

1. Most DLC for all of gamedom is pointless and not worth the value. I just used the Sims as an extreme, yet successful example. Plus its similarly priced with similar features. To me, complaining that a DLC isn't worth the value is like complaining that water is wet and that ice is cold.

2. I wasn't comparing the additions made to an indie game as a value proposition. I was using familiar game mechanic terminology to explain what has been added and why the Wasteland Workshop is a better value proposition than the typical, and similar priced Sims expansions. Bethesda could have just retextured a bunch of objects already in game and call it a day but they didn't. They added some interesting functionality that should allow gamers and ultimately modders more things to build with. I do think it's ridiculous to compare what thousands of hobbyist are producing for free and expect a business to do the same thing.

I feel like there are two main camps of people giving it a negative review:
  1. Those who decry any kind of content DLC.
  2. Those who are unimpressed with the amount of content in this DLC.
The people in (1) piss me off to no end because they'll shit on it for no good reason, but I feel sympathetic to those in (2).

Sure, there are some people who spent $10 and were disappointed. I'm sure there are a few that bought the season pass day one and they are so far disappointed. I think to a large degree this is unrealistic. Going through the list, most of them fall into a 3rd group of "BETHESDA MADE SOMETHING, I MUST HATE! HAAAATTTEEE!" If they dislike Bethesda so much, why do they keep buying their games? Thats not to say someone can't have a negative opinion. I would hope that if horse armor dlc released over a decade ago still bothers you, why aren't you steering clear of that company all together?

40$ or 25€? Both?

Regarding Capcom, Dusk, I believe 20€ is the right price for a remastered, they just tuned those games up adding a new layer of fresh paint and that's it, asking more wouldn't ne right imho. RE2 Remake will be around 40/50€ I think, an OK price since it's a complete remake.
The $40 one, that's incorrect. I don;t know anything about the $25 bit.

It's $20.99 on mobile, and had a "launch discount" of $16.99. I'm expecting similar pricing here. At worst, I'd expect to see $24.99 as the retail price, meaning it would be $19.99 after GMG discounts.
Yeah, i'm expecting it to launch in the $20s range. Didn't know about the mobile pricing so what you say makes more sense.

Tellaerin

Would love for both of them to hit steam. 1 is one of my favorite games ever. But I never got a chance to play 2. Also need my Psi-Ops fix. Midway was pumping out some great TPS that gen.

Oh man, Psi-Ops. I loved that game. Would kill to have that on Steam.

Psi-Ops, Unreal Championship 2, Advent Rising... now I'm feeling nostalgic for my old Xbox, lol.

Lain

24,99€ would be weird because SE has always given a better price to EU compared to US on these FF digital games. I'd expect a 17,99€/$19.99 with the 10% launch discount. Anything else would just be crazy.

Vuze

yea i killed that one. it didn't do anything for me, it was just a bit creepy when looked from the side but the way it moves and everything just didn't have a spider effect on me, thankfully.

didnt know you went to that second place tho (there's a second one there, right?)

fuck spoilers in this game are so hard to manage lol

honestly, i kind of expected it, given how the rest of the game's going
Yeah it's looming in a dark hall there. Not sure if there are more, not quite done yet haha

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
already posted?

BundleStars - Super Turbo Mega Bundle

Pay $2.49 for:

Catch a Falling Star (Windows)
Turbo Pug (Windows)
Neon Hardcorps (Windows)
Super Mustache (Windows)
Flesh Eaters (Windows)
Terra Incognita ~ Chapter One: The Descendant (Windows)
Lup (Windows)
Tinboy (Windows)
Kivi, Toilet and Shotgun (Windows)
Star Chronicles: Delta Quadrant (Windows)
Calcu-Late (Windows)
The Tower Of Elements (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Clergy Splode (Windows)
Escape Machines (Windows)
New kind of adventure (Windows)
Stellar 2D (Windows)
Eaten Alive (Windows)
Ampersand (Windows)

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/super-turbo-mega-bundle

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah it's looming in a dark hall there. Not sure if there are more, not quite done yet haha

i might just look on the wiki for the exact spots so i don't get any bad surprises

but yeah i'm glad there's no return to spidercove in this one

impact

Banned
I don't think anyone would buy it at $40 except those dudes with infinite money who buy games to see +1 more game in their account

FF9 is my favorite turn based game but I'm not paying more than $15 for it.

Dsyndrome

Got a new hoodie, Gravity Rush Remastered, and some Berzerk Blurays for my birthday. Will give me something to do this weekend when I rage-quit DS3 for whatever reason.

Also, is there any reason to heal Dark Sigils other than cosmetic reasons?

Ludens

Banned
24,99€ would be weird because SE has always given a better price to EU compared to US on these FF digital games. I'd expect a 17,99€/$19.99 with the 10% launch discount. Anything else would just be crazy.

It was 20% off on iOS at launch, I expect the same price.

Got a new hoodie, Gravity Rush Remastered, and some Berzerk Blurays for my birthday. Will give me something to do this weekend when I rage-quit DS3 for whatever reason.

Also, is there any reason to heal Dark Sigils other than cosmetic reasons?

maybe for an ending but don't really know

Tizoc

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/368080/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_1

Keys are out, no preload tho :/

Balthuk

So the battleborn open beta is on. I really should find a tutorial because there is a lot of stuff going on. Anyone trying that out?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
It's $20.99 on mobile, and had a "launch discount" of $16.99. I'm expecting similar pricing here. At worst, I'd expect to see $24.99 as the retail price, meaning it would be $19.99 after GMG discounts.

Depending on the quality of the port 20 bucks might not be a bad price but i don't think i will bite, at least not right away.

So the battleborn open beta is on. I really should find a tutorial because there is a lot of stuff going on. Anyone trying that out?

I tried the previous beta. It was a little rough around the edges, but the PvE was decent.

The PvP had potential but was just so horribly balanced that it sunk the whole ship.

As weird as this might sound, I wish they had stayed in the Borderlands universe for this.

Any Legends of Eisenwald impressions? I've always been interested in it, but never enough to actually buy it. Although now that I look at the store page, comparisons to Disciples 2 and HOMM aren't really doing it for me; I've never really enjoyed that style of gameplay.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I think I've seen others say they are and it converts to your local currency when redeemed

might want to wait for another confirmation though

That's what I've heard too, just wanted confirmation. Going to pre-order Total War: Warhammer & Banner Saga 2.

I haven't gotten too far into DS3, but fuck this level design is on point.

Also, got a Katana....so I think I'm using that for a while.
Yep, love the level design. So many ways to go. So many secrets.
Still gotta get my Katana. The naked dude at the shrine scarred me for good at the beginning, haha.
Bethesda is charging for this

Well, they charged for a horse skin, so not really surprising, but I'm still surprised.
That is a paid DLC? I only saw the image/name and by reading "Workshop" I believed it was Steam Workshop Mod Integration.

Advent Rising is on Steam, so is Mark Eko's Contents Under Pressure as well.

I have both in my Steam library for various stupid reasons and I will never play either of them.

So is DMC 3 and Onimusha 3 as well, but there's no Steam cheevos for either of them.

lol no Xbox 360 controller on any of them.

Steam sales make me do dumb things for no good reason.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Advent Rising is on Steam, so is Mark Eko's Contents Under Pressure as well.

I have both in my Steam library for various stupid reasons and I will never play either of them.

So is DMC 3 and Onimusha 3 as well, but there's no Steam cheevos for either of them.

lol no Xbox 360 controller on any of them.

Steam sales make me do dumb things for no good reason.

damn four games in your library that you're not going to play?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are steam cards global?

Some codes sold in South-east Asia are region-locked (I think this was unintentional, though, as it's the only region with region-locked codes and, since only a select number of them are region-locked, there are region-free codes available), but even if you were to end up with such a code, you could just use a VPN to redeem it.

And, yes, Steam will convert the currency of the code to match that of your wallet if need be.

damn four games in your library that you're not going to play?

I don't have Onimusha 3 or DMC 3 in my Steam library just yet, waiting for steam cheevos and cards.

Advent Rising in the category of shitty games and Mark Eko's is in the apathy category.

Among the games I don't play in my library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom