• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulapik

For shovelry, I mean, for chivalry!

ModBot said:
Instructions for kulapik:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kulapik, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chivalry Medieval Warfare -- MB-2CDE64DA50B1C9ED - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1460574816z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't have Onimusha 3 or DMC 3 in my Steam library just yet, waiting for steam cheevos and cards.

Advent Rising in the category of shitty games and Mark Eko's is in the apathy category.

Among the games I don't play in my library.

The Steam version of Onimusha 3 was yanked almost a year-and-a-half ago now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit that 2d rpg style game is out tomorow? o_O

MadGear

Advent Rising is on Steam, so is Mark Eko's Contents Under Pressure as well.

I have both in my Steam library for various stupid reasons and I will never play either of them.

So is DMC 3 and Onimusha 3 as well, but there's no Steam cheevos for either of them.

lol no Xbox 360 controller on any of them.

Steam sales make me do dumb things for no good reason.

Do you actually not play games without achievements? I'm not judging but I somehow thought the achievement craze is a thing of the past.
Also for DMC3 you might want to look for the PS2 version instead. Looks and plays much better on an emulator.

The Steam version of Onimusha 3 was yanked almost a year-and-a-half ago now.

Aaaawww, this sucks.

@MadGear, nah it's all right, you can judge.

Steam cheevos and cards give me incentive to play game :0

I'M currently hoarding some cards.

I refuse to sell my cards until all my inventory is filled up.

Anyone else get this occasional frame hitching in Dark Souls 3?

It seems like a lot of people (myself included) get a slight hitch whenever there's an autosave.

The bigger issue to me is the ambient sound constantly dropping when things are loading, such as when scrolling through inventory.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oh booooooooo, i held off because of a lack of proper controller support but in this post Steam Controller world I would've totally picked it up for cheap : /

If you put a dollar away each day for 114 days, you can buy it from G2A. ;)

It seems like a lot of people (myself included) get a slight hitch whenever there's an autosave.

The bigger issue to me is the ambient sound constantly dropping when things are loading, such as when scrolling through inventory.

Someone in the PC performance thread said updating his Realtek audio drivers fixed the ambient audio dropouts.

dex3108

I am now trying to do 100% in GTA V and do all missions (you don;t need to do everything to get 100%). An i just found out that there is bug with Stock Car Races. There is no icon or guy you need to approach to start them at all. And yeas i have all other returning player missions including Monkey Mosaic, Murder Mystery, Dodo random event... And there is no solution for now :(

Now i know how you feel Jase :(

MadGear

Aaaawww, this sucks.

@MadGear, nah it's all right, you can judge.

Steam cheevos and cards give me incentive to play game :0

I'M currently hoarding some cards.

I refuse to sell my cards until all my inventory is filled up.

Is there even a limit for the Steam inventory? I know that there is a limit for these game specific inventories (TF2/CSGO/...) and there should probably be one for the steam one, but so far I have never read of anyone running out of space. I guess you will keep your cards then :)

I'm currently messing around with the Vivaldi Browser. Tab grouping and the tiled view is actually pretty handy. I know there are other ways to achieve this but I like it. I just wish you could resize the tabs.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there even a limit for the Steam inventory? I know that there is a limit for these game specific inventories (TF2/CSGO/...) and there should probably be one for the steam one, but so far I have never read of anyone running out of space. I guess you will keep your cards then :)

If there is a limit, nobody's found it yet that I'm aware of. I've seen people with several thousand pages of inventory.

Arthea

Do you actually not play games without achievements? I'm not judging but I somehow thought the achievement craze is a thing of the past.
*laughs
that's like saying that loot whoring craze will go away, or catch 'em all, or 100%-ing, or collecting, etc. It's going away as surely as gaming is, meaning never until there are humans around that is.

Arthea

I have all Telltale games in that HB, I haven't finished a single one in upper tiers yet.
Who's with me?

hmm i think GMG remove FF IX now :-?

no worries, is going to release this month without a fail
because I already spent FF9 money

zkylon

zkylewd
Anyone else get this occasional frame hitching in Dark Souls 3?

yup, it's an issue with the game's autosave

it's pretty annoying but u get used to it

the game's been super stable outside of that, i had one crash and pretty steady performance (60 fps on medium for the most part with dips into 50 in some areas with a lot of fog, water surfaces, long draw distances)

AHA-Lambda

yup, it's an issue with the game's autosave

it's pretty annoying but u get used to it

the game's been super stable outside of that, i had one crash and pretty steady performance (60 fps on medium for the most part with dips into 50 in some areas with a lot of fog, water surfaces, long draw distances)

Glad it's not just me then

Jawmuncher

i was thinking of buying a new controller, ps4 controller is compatible with everything and charges through usb, right?

cos i don't wanna be buying batteries

It is but you will have to use software for it. Only some games have native DS4 Dinput like Transistor and I think Grim Fandango

Should have gotten a steam controller! I like mines a lot

I like having a lot of options on PC. It's the best part of the platform. Oh this game feels better with the steam controller, this with the DS4, this with the X1 controller, etc.

Though I do need to get me a wireless adapter for my X1 controller. Tired of the USB coming out while I play if I move a little too much.

Ludens

Banned
Did someone lost exp points in Hitman? I was level 20, when I booted the game again it showed me as level 19, I leveled up again to 20, did another level and in the end it showed me as level 18, now I leveled up again to 20 but I'm afraid to boot the game again.
Level 20 has no purpose, but it unlocks an explosive I need to complete a challenge.
All challenges I did are still here, only exp is missing.

Dammit, even after 3 games (De, DkS, DkS2 and the DLCs) there's still no game that can match Dark Souls for me. I had to grind 4 levels to get a bit better stats, but the feel when you use your instincts to navigate to some direction despite having tons of souls and no flasks and finding a shortcut back home just cannot be beat.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Should have gotten a steam controller! I like mines a lot

Nah, Nabs spiel on it painted it as something I would never use. When I went to go pick it up I got to try out some mechanical keyboards though and the G720 feels nice so I'd probably get that over a Steam controller.

I am playing Dark Souls 3 right now with a Steam Controller with fairly normal configuration and it feels great. Best thing is having mouse controls on right touchpad which makes the camera the most fastest and accurate thing on the planet AND you can use mouse to navigate menus

rtcn63

I find the DS4 comfortable, the buttons are easier to hit for my shorter fingers. And I use it wired so battery life isn't an issue, and the lighter weight is a plus if you have fucked up hands.

Analog sticks protrude a bit too much though.

I find the DS4 comfortable, the buttons are easier to hit for my shorter fingers. And I use it wired so battery life isn't an issue, and the lighter weight is great if have fucked up hands.

the battery life and the peeling sticks are a real bummer though.

Especially coming off the steam controller which lasts me like 80 hours on a pair of AAs whereas my PS4 pad has like 6 hours of life at the most

Jawmuncher

Hyperbolic stuff like this is why I find it hard to take controller recommendations.

It just depends. Some people really aren't very adaptable to other controllers. For me as long as it ain't the N64 controller I'm good.

the battery life and the peeling sticks are a real bummer though.

Especially coming off the steam controller which lasts me like 80 hours on a pair of AAs whereas my PS4 pad has like 6 hours of life at the most

The peeling analogs are fixed for any of the new batch of controllers. However the peeing of the back sticker is still a thing. Depending on how you hold it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It just depends. Some people really aren't very adaptable to other controllers. For me as long as it ain't the N64 controller I'm good.

Well the only first party controllers I've tried that I hate are the Dreamcast's and the N64. Dreamcast one in particular is confusing since the Saturn 3D controller was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom