• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooo, this takes me back. Gothic 3 had the community working on their patches and there was this bridge before a city that would cause the game to always crash if you walked under it.

They said they were not going to patch it. The official reason given was because the whole area would need a rebuild and the patch would be around 900mb or so.

Look how far we have come.

fertygo

Why suddenly there's so many update for my games?

I got 17 update, many of them from game that not regularly updated anymore

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Steams now queued a shit ton of updates.

I'm off to watch an episode of Jessica Jones, then sleep.

Dark Souls III will be a slow progress for me because dear god do I suck...I'm not really doing all to well with the katana (not saying it's bad but I'm just not good with it)

GaussTek

So, it's done for me, and yup, looks like it only downloaded all the redistributables again which I deleted before with Steam Cleaner in order to save up some disk space. Damn it :/

derExperte

Lenard trolling derExperte pretty good

That whole thing is a scam. Remember Running Man? Remember the dudes who won the contest? Sitting on an island, sipping cocktails. But they're not, they're burned corpses, rotting away. Same here. Who knows where that shit ends up. Probably in Lenard's garage. Probably playing my XCOM2 on my X51 as we speak. And now he'll ban me for exposing his scheme.

Lomax

Looks like I spoke too soon, after my initial batch of 77 updates that were all zero bites each and only took a minute or two, I now had 50 more updates that took about 3.5 gb of downloading.

Jawmuncher

That whole thing is a scam. Remember Running Man? Remember the dudes who won the contest? Sitting on an island, sipping cocktails. But they're not, they're burned corpses, rotting away. Same here. Who knows where that shit ends up. Probably in Lenard's garage. Probably playing my XCOM2 on my X51 as we speak. And now he'll ban me for exposing his scheme.

Damn you spoiled a movie from the 80s that I was planning on watching someday but haven't gotten around to yet. How could you.

GaussTek

I never even used steam cleaner and it's still downloading stuff

Weird. But it definitely had something to do with the redistributables, or at least in my case, as they were mostly ~114 MB updates. The biggest one was from Danganronpa, which was 595 MB, but I just checked the _CommonRedist folder and it's the same size. So, I guess then it's redownloading all of them again, regardless if you deleted it or not (?)

Either way, Steam fucked up today :(

sadblob

I cleaned everything a few weeks ago with Tiki One, now the redistributables are back, so I'm assuming those were the updates.

Why were they needed, who knows.

Damn you spoiled a movie from the 80s that I was planning on watching someday but haven't gotten around to yet. How could you.

I want a modern Running Man video game.

"Here's your Subzero... now plain zero"

EDIT- I got to the final chievo list for Diablo 3 season 5. There is some grindy-ass shit that you can't skill around. Do X in less than Y minutes stuff. Bummer.

Jawmuncher

Don't worry, it's a good movie so you wouldn't like it anyway.

imagen7s1p.gif

Scythian

Just now pulled the trigger on Darksiders II, since the first one was surprisingly enjoyable for me, so I'm hoping it's similar. It's in impulse buy territory anyway, had to double check if it wasn't a price mistake.

well just beat another boss in dark souls 2... not bad, not bad at all

also no one has the battleborn beta on my friends list besides jase :| cmon guys, the beta is free give it a shot, its pretty fun.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
also no one has the battleborn beta on my friends list besides jase :| cmon guys, the beta is free give it a shot, its pretty fun.

"Developer: Gearbox Software"

Yeah, no. I'm not supporting shady developer houses.

MattyG

Banned
Just bought the Amplitude Studios bundle. Endless Legend looks amazing and I've needed a slow, strategy game recently. I'm holding off on Civ:BE for a bit since I heard it's not as good as V and I want to get the expansion first, so this seems like it'll scratch that itch well.

Which would those of you who have played both say you prefer? Endless Legend or Endless Space?

kurahador

Watching Battleborn beta gameplay, I don't understand why they didn't just slap Borderlands name on it. At least then the game will have higher chance of success.

Teggy

Well, playing FFVII in bed on Vita because I didn't feel like going downstairs and sitting at the PC is looking like it was a good decision.

Watching Battleborn beta gameplay, I don't understand why they didn't just slap Borderlands name on it. At least then the game will have higher chance of success.

Indeed. If someone tell me it's a Borderlands spinoff game, I'd believe him. Borderlands is such a quite big and well-spread IP at this point.

Free beta is neat, but sadly I have no time for that these days.

Mikurden

Though someone with the license now would probably just make a GTA clone. Or an early access survival crafting game.
Well, either of those would probably be more conducive to a game based on the actual book, in the event that King had any say in signing off on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom