• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

I am pretty sure, probably read something wrong, but, back in the day someone at Insomniac, don't know if it was Ted or not said "We don't want to do PC releases." or something to that affect.
They are currently working on two PC games. Edge of Nowhere (VR) and Song of the Sea

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and done with DS3 (for now). bring on the DLC

Nzyme32

Just saw a DOOM commercial and they were playing Refused. That seemed...random

It's a terrible choice of song in my opinion, particularly for the content of the trailer. It just doesn't fit or have the right tone for the franchise that you kind of expect. They would have been better picking a different song if they had to choose Refused, such as Protest Song 68 and probably cutting various parts of vocal out

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lack of impressions on Aurion is a bit of a bummer. Game must have bombed hard

Corpekata

Banned
The whole Insomniac doesn't do PC releases thing is mostly just console fanboys trying to trumpet exclusives. 75 percent of their history was working on platform holder IPs, so of course they're not releasing on PC very much.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The whole Insomniac doesn't do PC releases thing is mostly just console fanboys trying to trumpet exclusives. 75 percent of their history was working on platform holder IPs, so of course they're not releasing on PC very much.

I would say by now if they had an interest in PC or being a true 3rd party developer, they would have done it. Only things on PC have been recent and very small titles, which I could see leading to more.

Corpekata

Banned
I would say by now if they had an interest in PC or being a true 3rd party developer, they would have done it.

They already have, as listed above by other posters. They have released a few games and have a few in development.

The only game they really skipped PC for was Fuse.

Nabs

Seems like controller support for bastion is borked for some people. Was trying to play but nothing is registering, and i'm too lazy to play with my M&KB. Guess i'll play on 360.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/107100/discussions/0/412448158141727155/

Shucks. Looks like people will have to use my Bastion config instead.

I really wish I could update my public config. There's one option that got enabled that I don't like (it's under advanced touchpad settings called Snap Mouse Back).

Lain

More Winter Wolves VNs coming to Steam? I don't remember this page before at least.
C14 Dating
header.jpg

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I've sinned.
I picked up and restarted MGSV again, after quitting it being about half way in after 40 hours last year (got burnt out trying to do as little lethal as possible and go stealth at all times).

Grief.exe

What's 1440 resolution's graphical setting equivalent to 1080p very high/ultra? High?

What

Been getting summoned at the first boss so I can learn the attacks. This is an absurd amount of summons.

Every time I get summoned the host summons another phantom to help, then triggers the boss cutscene, proving the host has never even attempted the boss before.

The Souls Community was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

Lain

Lol it made sense in my head

Is 1080 high the same as 1440 high? Or is 1440 high more like 1080 very high/ultra?

Basically, what are the benefits to a higher resolution?

1080 high is the same as 1440 high, just 1440 high is more demanding since it's higher res and will look better because it's higher res.

Hektor

What

Been getting summoned at the first boss so I can learn the attacks. This is an absurd amount of summons.

Every time I get summoned the host summons another phantom to help, then triggers the boss cutscene, proving the host has never even attempted the boss before.

The Souls Community was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

Yeah, have been supporting others as Sunlightbro the last two days and i was really surprised how the majority of the people don't even try once to do it alone.

Parsnip

How is it much better then the DC version? That's the only version I've played, are we talking more then just a resolution increase?

I'd likely get it if it came to PC regardless.

The HD version of Code Veronica is based on the PS2 CVX release as far as content goes. I think X has more cutscenes and like one extra boss fight maybe? It's been a while.

The HD port is higher resolution but also adds new lighting and probably nothing else.
I actually think the new lighting looks off somehow and would prefer it wasn't in the game, but what can you do. I'll still buy it when they port it to PC.

I'am trying this thing where I use all my fiber of my being and self control to not buy anymore Steam games and try to save up for my own apartment on my own.

Trying to get myself into the habit of not letting the GAF indie hype machine take control of me and buy a Steam gift card to buy that game or whatever is the flavor of the week.

It sucks to be poor and it sucks even more to live with your dad while you're in your late 20s. I would hope having a janitor job at a bar and grill will and having organizations help me with shit like HUD or what not.

/sorry for rant

Balthuk

I'am trying this thing where I use all my fiber of my being and self control to not buy anymore Steam games and try to save up for my own apartment on my own.

Trying to get myself into the habit of not letting the GAF indie hype machine take control of me and buy a Steam gift card to buy that game or whatever is the flavor of the week.

It sucks to be poor and it sucks even more to live with your dad while you're in your late 20s. I would hope having a janitor job at a bar and grill will and having organizations help me with shit like HUD or what not.

/sorry for rant

Hey being patient with your purchases is easy if you get used to it. Other than not being able to talk with other people about the flavor of the month, you don't lose so much. I don't feel I'm missing out ds3 or shovel knight(which is on sale on gog atm) or whatever.
I'll play them for sure, just when they are 50% off or something. Plus you get all the patches/complete editions.
Not being caught by the hype wave can really benefit how you see games. It can help you look into replaying old favorites, emulating games etc. Unless you have very very few games to play, you'll be good.
When in doubt, post your library here and ask for recommendations. People will recommend stuff they have enjoyed and you'll be glad to check what made X game so cool to Y person.
Hope things get better for you <3

Anteater

anyone got save files for deus ex?

cuz I'm not going to restart it and I'm not going to hack all 500 of these fucking computers again

or maybe they should fix these shitty fucking bugs

balelosesit_a_gifsoup9wujx.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom