• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol it made sense in my head

Is 1080 high the same as 1440 high? Or is 1440 high more like 1080 very high/ultra?

Basically, what are the benefits to a higher resolution?
The settings stay the same no matter the resolution in this case, but a higher resolution gets you more clarity with less anti aliasing.

Kaleinc

Banned
Lol it made sense in my head

Is 1080 high the same as 1440 high? Or is 1440 high more like 1080 very high/ultra?

Basically, what are the benefits to a higher resolution?
Set your desktop resolution to 640x480, then set desktop resolution to 2560x1440. Apply this knowledge to gfx settings.

Hello NeoGAF,

Anyone can help me get the last 4 Steam Summer Getaway Foil Cards that I need to get the badge for a cheap price?

Thanks in advance.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Sort what?

You can change idling priority from the settings menu.

Is it idling anything? Usually its only 1 game at once

EDIT: Fixed.

Also, thanks for resolution clarification, I just wondered what the equivalent graphic setting would be between resolutions, didn't realize they'd be the same. Thought 1440p at high would look better than 1080p at very high for instance.

Anteater

rage is so pretty

rage_2016_04_17_02_49zyj8t.jpg

Ludens

Banned
Can you unlock cards for Rage Parking Simulator?
Six hours and not a single drop yet.

Also still no key for Metal Slug 2 on Humble Neogeo Bundle, and Dotemu didn't reply to threads asking info about. I think they don't want to give keys, exaclty like they did with Raiden games if I remember correctly. If so, lesson learned, only buy Dotemu games when bundled.

sadblob

Is it idling anything? Usually its only 1 game at once

That's because most (¿all?) games don't drop anything below 2 hours. Idlemaster grabs all available games and takes them together to 2 hours to save time, and then procedes to idle them individually.

catabarez

Hey guys. Does anyone know if there is a way of using GeDoSaTo that doesn't scale the overlays? Whenever I downsample using this or DSR the steam overlay gets super tiny. The only thing that doesn't do this seems to be SGSSAA.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ucchedavāda;201140322 said:
Apparently the English translation is a bit unfinished:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/368080/announcements/detail/887582442906123138

I'll probably pick it up next weekend if they've gotten the patch out by then.

well that sucks. Dont know what to play after Dark Souls... kinda wanna start NG+ but then im afraid it will fuck up the dlc (like bloodborne) and I probably wont finish NG+ anytime soon either

guess I should go ahead and get the humble monthly and play Mad Max, those pictures veggie was posting last week were pretty as shit

Phawx

bundle gahbage

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

Postmortem: One Must Die -- MB-FA8C377F35B301DE - Taken by GaussTek
Postmortem: One Must Die #2 -- MB-57AA997BA637EE3F - Taken by Vuze

Modbot picked the wrong one, it's this game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/263140/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why are they just giving way The Silent Age in a bunch of bundles now? Its supposed to be quite good no?

anyway have a spare

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Nanofights -- MB-117FE156C7862D5B - Taken by Purkake4

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away 36 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stop Online Battle of Words #2 -- MB-757B1C55FF0D0429 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Dreamscapes The Sandman -- MB-7D3A458C46D68228 - Taken by septicore. 4 entrants total.
Dr. Daisy Pet Vet -- MB-51726C25EE1AA04D - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Flatout 3 Chaos & Destruction -- MB-98B2817DE6AFD13A - Taken by Majukun. 8 entrants total.
StarFringe Adversus -- MB-B16340D49751A390 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Hatch and Slay -- MB-C0D3E1B93E8980F4 - Taken by Phawx. 1 entrants total.
The Lost Island -- MB-3B7FE70B4E4544F0 - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Spy Chameleon RGB Agent -- MB-E679B5D1921CD05F - Taken by Belgarion. 6 entrants total.
Resonance -- MB-6DB3CA2D3B4C968C - Taken by gaiadyne. 6 entrants total.
Nanofights -- MB-CE7806205031A7A0 - Taken by Coldsun. 1 entrants total.
AquaSnap Window Manager -- MB-F7175C69830E1CCA - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Highland Warriors -- MB-A5F3CE2EDBADD209 - Taken by Phawx. 1 entrants total.
Planet R-12 -- MB-359EF3B1F66BC7B1 - Taken by fspm. 2 entrants total.

Moorhuhn (Crazy Chicken) -- MB-24AC68F72C71B567 - Taken by cyba89. 2 entrants total.
Recursion Deluxe -- MB-1644CB95F6F8D597 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
HyperRogue -- MB-BA6A7B0B73A45449 - Taken by Popstar. 2 entrants total.
Jerry McPartlin Rebel with a Cause -- MB-F7CE3C6D1BDF76AD - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Big Fish Legend -- MB-FB91CE064C58D6CC - Taken by rainking187. 5 entrants total.
Fairy Tale Mysteries 2 The Beanstalk -- MB-EEA2A5D33DA0DFD9 - Taken by nightstorm. 3 entrants total.
Krai Mira -- MB-8A633A5E798E5E4C - Taken by Costa1774. 2 entrants total.
Elizabeth Find M.D. Diagnosis Mystery Season 2 -- MB-C650CB5DA323B374 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 2 entrants total.
Dreamscapes Nightmare's Heir -- MB-D73106190AB29869 - Taken by Vuze. 4 entrants total.
ASMR Universe -- MB-D316499A495BAAEF - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats the Rats' Revenge -- MB-496634766CDEF74A - Taken by AwesomeMeat. 1 entrants total.
Freddi Fish and Luther's Maze Madness -- MB-954C01BC33A694BE - Taken by shervinrs. 3 entrants total.
A Golden Wake -- MB-D5B73BB397C2D9DE - Taken by Large Professor. 5 entrants total.
Foreign Legion Multi Massacre -- MB-27A3D1312A64EA0D - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Penguins Arena Sedna's World -- MB-DDE31CA0A81D10A8 - Taken by neonglow. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats the Rats' Revenge #2 -- MB-883A13F689C037B5 - Taken by Tall4Life. 1 entrants total.
Runaway Express Mystery -- MB-6E954580A345E774 - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total.
Angry Arrows -- MB-0DBA3BB55156B4A3 - Taken by eyeless. 3 entrants total.
Stop Online Battle of Words -- MB-39C63EEA2DDE8586 - Taken by Megauap. 1 entrants total.

The Archetype -- MB-6F1683955D276491 - Taken by septicore. 2 entrants total.
Silent Service 2 -- MB-61B02B678EAB6921 - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.
The Secret Of Hildegards -- MB-934891A69808D713 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 2 entrants total.

xheRJRF.gif
Postal 2 -- MB-AEB9551422DF585D - Taken by ExoSoul. 6 entrants total.

t1460847507z1.png

Rhaknar

I assume you can unsub from the humble monthly as soon as you buy it, so you are not locked in to the next one imediatly?

Arthea

I've bought FF9, that gmg deal wasn't half bad
otoh I have nothing to play it on, not sure what's wrong with me.
Maybe I should just boot my PS3 (if it still works) or something.
I'll do something about my PC situation next week one way or another, so not sure it's worth even dusting PS3 off.

and I see it still hangs on the top of topseller list, not bad for a 16 yo game

Phawx

I assume you can unsub from the humble monthly as soon as you buy it, so you are not locked in to the next one imediatly?

I don't know if I didn't anything, but I automatically am not subscribed. I have to purposefully buy another bundle.

Edit: Nevermind the option is there. But I've gone in on the past three months with the 10% off that it didn't matter.

Rhaknar

Oh so if i unsub in the next few days i keep the april bundle but not get the may bundle right?

thats what one assumes, and then if at least the first game is something you want, you sub again I guess

SSPssp

Groupees Extras:

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SSPssp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Runaway Express Mystery -- MB-BC91D98FFBA7A7A3 - Taken by Zeeman
Nanofights -- MB-B3B437F9214460C4 - Taken by voodooray

Rhaknar

Abyss Odyssey gameplay seems fucking awful, I have to assume Im missing something given the praise it got, but that is some bad first imprssion :/

zkylon

zkylewd
Abyss Odyssey gameplay seems fucking awful, I have to assume Im missing something given the praise it got, but that is some bad first imprssion :/

i like it, in a better world the game would be a lot snappier with less animation priority focus but i found it very enjoyable to unlock new monsters to change into and using the animation canceling thingie and the artstyle and everything

Rhaknar

post partum Dark Souls depression is real. Booted up a bunch of random games, I dont feel like playing anything :/

yuraya

Pretty crazy how not only DS3 peaked at 126k today..but DS1 is at 8k and SotFS is at 4k.

These games age like fine wine on Steam. There will always be a community supporting them. You'll always find someone to play with/against.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 36 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stop Online Battle of Words #2 -- MB-757B1C55FF0D0429 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Dreamscapes The Sandman -- MB-7D3A458C46D68228 - Taken by septicore. 4 entrants total.
Dr. Daisy Pet Vet -- MB-51726C25EE1AA04D - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Flatout 3 Chaos & Destruction -- MB-98B2817DE6AFD13A - Taken by Majukun. 8 entrants total.
StarFringe Adversus -- MB-B16340D49751A390 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Hatch and Slay -- MB-C0D3E1B93E8980F4 - Taken by Phawx. 1 entrants total.
The Lost Island -- MB-3B7FE70B4E4544F0 - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.

Spy Chameleon RGB Agent -- MB-E679B5D1921CD05F - Taken by Belgarion. 6 entrants total.
Resonance -- MB-6DB3CA2D3B4C968C - Taken by gaiadyne. 6 entrants total.
Nanofights -- MB-CE7806205031A7A0 - Taken by Coldsun. 1 entrants total.
AquaSnap Window Manager -- MB-F7175C69830E1CCA - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Highland Warriors -- MB-A5F3CE2EDBADD209 - Taken by Phawx. 1 entrants total.
Planet R-12 -- MB-359EF3B1F66BC7B1 - Taken by fspm. 2 entrants total.
Moorhuhn (Crazy Chicken) -- MB-24AC68F72C71B567 - Taken by cyba89. 2 entrants total.
Recursion Deluxe -- MB-1644CB95F6F8D597 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
HyperRogue -- MB-BA6A7B0B73A45449 - Taken by Popstar. 2 entrants total.
Jerry McPartlin Rebel with a Cause -- MB-F7CE3C6D1BDF76AD - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Big Fish Legend -- MB-FB91CE064C58D6CC - Taken by rainking187. 5 entrants total.
Fairy Tale Mysteries 2 The Beanstalk -- MB-EEA2A5D33DA0DFD9 - Taken by nightstorm. 3 entrants total.
Krai Mira -- MB-8A633A5E798E5E4C - Taken by Costa1774. 2 entrants total.
Elizabeth Find M.D. Diagnosis Mystery Season 2 -- MB-C650CB5DA323B374 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 2 entrants total.
Dreamscapes Nightmare's Heir -- MB-D73106190AB29869 - Taken by Vuze. 4 entrants total.
ASMR Universe -- MB-D316499A495BAAEF - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats the Rats' Revenge -- MB-496634766CDEF74A - Taken by AwesomeMeat. 1 entrants total.
Freddi Fish and Luther's Maze Madness -- MB-954C01BC33A694BE - Taken by shervinrs. 3 entrants total.
A Golden Wake -- MB-D5B73BB397C2D9DE - Taken by Large Professor. 5 entrants total.
Foreign Legion Multi Massacre -- MB-27A3D1312A64EA0D - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Penguins Arena Sedna's World -- MB-DDE31CA0A81D10A8 - Taken by neonglow. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats the Rats' Revenge #2 -- MB-883A13F689C037B5 - Taken by Tall4Life. 1 entrants total.
Runaway Express Mystery -- MB-6E954580A345E774 - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total.
Angry Arrows -- MB-0DBA3BB55156B4A3 - Taken by eyeless. 3 entrants total.
Stop Online Battle of Words -- MB-39C63EEA2DDE8586 - Taken by Megauap. 1 entrants total.
The Archetype -- MB-6F1683955D276491 - Taken by septicore. 2 entrants total.
Silent Service 2 -- MB-61B02B678EAB6921 - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.
The Secret Of Hildegards -- MB-934891A69808D713 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Postal 2 -- MB-AEB9551422DF585D - Taken by ExoSoul. 6 entrants total.

t1460847507z1.png

yoshizzle

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Ace of Words -- MB-50307EF8B16A02C0 - Taken by Coldsun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom