• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) Remastered -- MB-F97869C40466E0F8 - Taken by Baron von Loathsome. 12 entrants total.
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-CE600BAF47DAA72C - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1460845767z1.png

Grief.exe

Got a good action shot. Let me know if this is considered a spoiler SteamGAF, I'm fine with putting a moratorium on Souls screenshots if that is the consensus. This is a really early area though.

I'm gonna uninstall this DS3 shit fast if they don't patch to fix the crashfest.

Have you checked the performance thread? There are a couple fixes.

Zero crashes or issues for me personally.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks for Fahrenheit 451.

It's very close to being a very good game. I'm a big fan of David Cage's. There are two main failings: First, the story becomes a total mess around 5-6 hours in. Second, action sequences are too long and too boring and if you fail, you restart them. Cage fixes the second in both of his subsequent games, Heavy Rain and Beyond, and I'll leave others to argue about the first. But it's very close to being very good. The intro sequence is excellent, a wonderful vertical slice. Tense, atmospheric, enjoyable, and with a lot of freedom and player choice.

P.S. If you want to have a laugh, check out the tutorial where Actual David Cage tells you in Very Broken English how to play the game. If you do not play well Lucas will comeet suceed! :(((((

Nzyme32

It's very close to being a very good game. I'm a big fan of David Cage's. There are two main failings: First, the story becomes a total mess around 5-6 hours in. Second, action sequences are too long and too boring and if you fail, you restart them. Cage fixes the second in both of his subsequent games, Heavy Rain and Beyond, and I'll leave others to argue about the first. But it's very close to being very good. The intro sequence is excellent, a wonderful vertical slice. Tense, atmospheric, enjoyable, and with a lot of freedom and player choice.

P.S. If you want to have a laugh, check out the tutorial where Actual David Cage tells you in Very Broken English how to play the game. If you do not play well Lucas will comeet suceed! :(((((

Ha. I have the old Steam Version and that tutorial is brilliantly voiced! Not sure if it fairs any better with the remaster

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i'm failing every side quest possible in dks3 lol

also idk why ppl said they weren't spiders in the game, there's definitely some spider-like creatures made out of corpses later on that are pretty horrifying :T

i just arrow them but it's still pretty lame

Got a good action shot. Let me know if this is considered a spoiler SteamGAF, I'm fine with putting a moratorium on Souls screenshots if that is the consensus. This is a really early area though.
i think it should be ok, it doesn't spoil the cool thing about those enemies :>

Nzyme32

Off topic, but Japan is taking Hollywood to school with the new Godzilla trailer. Amazing soundtrack by the sounds of things, with a Godzilla that both harks back to the original but also has something genuinely disturbing about it. And no Hollywood-ised trailer narration and awful jumping to ruin it

https://youtu.be/ysRIwlEBjuw

So I played Attack Heroes for a bit and I've been having fun with it so far. Going by the story page the games story takes inspiration from the Romance of Three Kingdoms but as I haven't read it I can't say what parts the game takes from the novel. Talking about the gameplay, the only game kind of similar I have played to Attack Heroes was the demo from Indivisible, but different from that game in Attack Heroes your four characters aren't in the screen at the same time during the battles, they take turns to attack and character has four skills and they are unlocked as you level your heroes up. When a character finishes his attack the next one enters the arena, so in order to continue the combo you have to order your party and use the skills in a manner that the enemies still are staggered and near the reach of the next character skill.

As the game is still in early access it has some issues, like the English translation. The developers said it's going to be improved in the next update but so far you have situations like this:

And some parts are still untranslated, going by the steamcommunity forums the developers are active and are look into improving the game they even changed the image from the store because some people thought it was an erogé game.

Edit: Forgot to add before, the character select music is clearly Back In Black. >.>

Which shield is that? Looks pretty good.

also idk why ppl said they weren't spiders in the game, there's definitely some spider-like creatures made out of corpses later on that are pretty horrifying :T

Yea, there's a room in the cathedral with a monstrous spider in it... almost noped the fuck out of there when I saw it.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Dark Souls 3 is absolutely fantastic. I love it. It's less mysterious than DS1, though, which is my goat.

Speaking of DS3's enemies, I wish it had Bloodbourne's vicious crowdog things. Those are A-grade nuisance enemies.
Dark Souls 3 is absolutely fantastic. I love it. It's less mysterious than DS1, though, which is my goat.

The spirit animal of all gamers is a goat. And that goat takes on many forms.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yea, there's a room in the cathedral with a monstrous spider in it... almost noped the fuck out of there when I saw it.
yea that one i was told of but wasn't so bad for me

the spiders in irithyll are worse for me

neither are too bad but u know

the reason i don't hate from for this is cos at least they go places with their spider designs

like pillars of eternity pissed me off cos the spiders were like super generic and oversized, nothing else. that's lazy, so i'm not ok with it in any way

here at least they're original looking, i'd rather they had just done more monster dogs or something, but i can accept it

Jawmuncher

Speaking of anime games. I'm playing Senran Kagura: EV right. I know that SK:SV will be hitting steam this year, those backgrounds and cards are gonna be selling for a high price if they play it right.

Volimar

In Fallout 4, I caught a cat in a cage but now it won't let me move or open the cage...

It's probably because my settlement is way oversized.

Teggy

In Fallout 4, I caught a cat in a cage but now it won't let me move or open the cage...

It's probably because my settlement is way oversized.

It would be cool if the cat could be your companion instead of Dogmeat.

My settlements were so minimal. I had like the minimal food, beds and defense so they were like 50% happy. And I would just toss sleeping bags next to each other. I watched some video review of Fallout 4 and he was talking about how he had all these complicated supply lines and and economy he was making caps from and I was like what are you even talking about?

Soulflarz

Banned
anime foils don't sell for that much
...like yes, a lot, but we aren't talking $50

My luffy card when I had the only one didn't sell at $20 until someone listed another for $4 finally, then I finally got to sell mine for $6

Phawx

anime foils don't sell for that much
...like yes, a lot, but we aren't talking $50

My luffy card when I had the only one didn't sell at $20 until someone listed another for $4 finally, then I finally got to sell mine for $6

thanks. going to relist at $5

The Rotten is such an awful boss in dark souls 2. honestly he wasn't even the issue, it was all the annoying poison traps to get to him + the asshole invader npc thats near the boss entrance. No one would summon me so i could get a free humanity so i just ended up using a human effigy, summoning the 2 helper npcs and beat it. 3/10 boss, would not want to do it again.

Called Verizon Fios Frontier Communications and the whole deal ended with absolutely no results.

They can't come out till Thursday because surprise the acquisition fucked everything up. If they can't fix my stuttering while I'm gaming then I'm switching providers by telling them I signed with Verizon, not Frontier.

143732293.png

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5256591670

Not sure if anybody here's got suggestions, but I restarted my router, unplugged it, reset it and forwarded all Steam ports and changed my WIFI name/pass. I'm at my wit's end from teleporting in every game I play.

I can't even enjoy Dark Souls 3 fully because of this shit.

zkylon

zkylewd
defeated the irithyll boss. didn't take me a billion tries after i figured out a strategy for its first stage, but it still came down to both being one hit from death. i wasn't playing perfect so i wasn't gonna be able to dodge everything to wait for a window, so i figured i'd take the risk since my estoc has a really short windup and we lunged at each other and i managed to hit first

wow that was close

so far yet another awesome multilayer and beautiful dungeon, they've all been super impressive

The Rotten is such an awful boss in dark souls 2. honestly he wasn't even the issue, it was all the annoying poison traps to get to him + the asshole invader npc thats near the boss entrance. No one would summon me so i could get a free humanity so i just ended up using a human effigy, summoning the 2 helper npcs and beat it. 3/10 boss, would not want to do it again.
he's actually one of the easiest and the bonfire is like 5 seconds from the fog gate -___-

zkylon

zkylewd
just realized that i had put on that silly sorcerer mask for the fight just to have a little bit more resistances

without that i would've probably not survived the attack that left me at like 5%

man

this game is cool

BHK3

Banned
Steam Summer Getaway:
- Football Manager 2013 (Foil)
- Skyrim (Foil)
- Prison Architect (Foil)
- Tomb Raider (Foil)

I have football manager, though I do have exactly 4 foil steam getaway cards so idk if you want them all and just find someone to 1:1 you(good luck with that one though lol)

Will you open up to me if I open up to you? Do you know who I am and what I do? Do you wish for impressions and succor? Then buckle up, my little trailhands, it's time for my impressions of Runaway Express Mystery:

The story: You play Amanda Waters, mother of Jimmy and Peggy, profession unknown (but the whole family looks so whitebread I'm guessing she's a housewife and the father is actually working today, hence why he's not in the story.) The when is 1996 (they don't say where but I'm gonna guess it's Topeka) and the family goes to a train exhibition. The Runaway Express pulls up and rather than excitement, it fills Amanda with a sense of fear. Blaine is a pain, and that's the truth. I am afraid and that's the truth. Choo-choo. The kids board the train and it starts leaving, so you hop on just in time, break your way in and discover not your kids but the vagrant dead. You have to discover how they died in order to move on. In the end (spoilers!) you discover the engineer is some kind of soul-collecting spectre and to save your kids, you have to go back and prevent the vagrant dead's deaths in the first place. They all conveniently open doors to their when for you, and after you prevent their death, their vagrant dead selves are still around to say thankya (because I guess all things must still serve ka.) Then you confront the engineer and he challenges you to a game of riddles so you can stop the train instead of dying yourself...and I seriously wish I was making this up. But he asks you, so you don't get to ask him why the dead baby crossed the road. I'd say more, but I see you twirling the fingers on your right hand, so I'll hurry up.

The puzzles: The inventory puzzles contained some really silly things. When a handle is described as "long and very heavy," why can't I break a window with it? Oh...I need to use this long heavy object as a crobar to open a container and get a significantly shorter, lighter hammer to break the window. The minigames had several visual puzzles that I just skipped, like drawing a key (it's the funny S-shaped part at the end that's the secret!) The hidden object games were the worst: it's done by silhouette, not by word...or rather I should say ideogram or something, because sometimes you'll get an exact silhouette and other times you'll get a picture of a shoe and have to find a shoe that looks nothing like the presented image. At one point you get a detective kit, and you're asked to find blood stains or fingerprints in the scene. Rather than look for likely spots, you can just take the duster or the luminol spray and literally paint the whole scene to get them all at once. Lazy, lazy programming.

The dialogue and voice acting: The dialogue itself wasn't too terrible. Nothing too jarring in the word choices. The voice acting was okay, but it's kinda weird to go into a hotel in Budapest, find an old lady proprietress who speaks in unaccented English, then go to an Irish pub in Budapest and find a guy who speaks in a brogue. At least the hotel manager in France spoke with a vague French accent (although instead of dropping the H in words like "hope" entirely, he adds a heavy sound to it like "khhope." So maybe he was born in Morocco or something.)

The graphics: The vagrant dead looked suitably creepy. The living characters looked unsuitably creepy. The environments were nice but looked kinda dated for a 2014 game.

The length: I skipped a few puzzles - no achievements means I can do this - and clocked in at 2.4 hours on expert mode...so it's pretty short. Also, no trading cards so it's gonna stay that length.

The verdict: Blaine is a pain and that's the truth. This game is a pain and that's the truth. Don't get or play this one, because the world of hidden object games has moved on.

Will you open up to me if I open up to you? Do you know who I am and what I do? Do you wish for impressions and succor? Then buckle up, my little trailhands, it's time for my impressions of Runaway Express Mystery:

That's the one from the latest Groupees right? Have you tried the Doctor Watson one in it? A 3D hidden object game sounds interesting.

Hey you guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys.

Who wants a copy of Army, now with 100% less accidental DLC files?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ARMY OF TENTACLES: (NOT) A CTHULHU DATING SIM i wish i could make an ot -- MB-BD6C97525896528A - Taken by Kuroyume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom