• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

Why that of all games? I mean, I like it, but it doesn't seem like a system seller, you know?

Well I've always been a fan of the racing genre and driving games in general. I always got a kick out of just cruising around in GTA games, listening to the radio and taking in the sights of a "living breathing world".

ETS2 seemed like a natural extension of that wander-lust. I must have watched Nerd³ 1.5 hour ETS2 Road Trip video a dozen times before realizing that this kind of stuff was only happening on PC and it was time to come back.

I dropped out of PC gaming after the golden era of '95-'01 just as I was getting fatigued with the upkeep process. Things were a LOT more complicated pre-Steam unification when hardware & software didn't self-update and patch. That's when MS landed with OG Xbox offering many traditional PC franchises (Crimson Skies, MYST, Elder Scrolls, Thief, etc.) with traditional PC amenities (HDD saves, custom soundtracks, online, etc.). All in a unified box that just worked in the plug & play sense.

So I was console through the 360 / PS3 era. However, as I've gotten older, I've grown increasingly bored of AAA gaming. Big Spectacle productions feel pretty droll by this point, barring a few exceptions. So falling into the Nerd³ Euro Truck video felt like a breath of fresh air and a siren song of possibility on the other side of the tracks. It totally got me into the Mundane Vehicle Sim genre, with some of my favorite franchises like Farming Simulator, OMSI, etc. placing high on my personal GOTY lists.

It really represents the contrast between PC & console if you think about it. While consoles have been catching up with indies thanks to digital distribution channels, PC has always been the Wild West of anything and everything. Console tends to play it safe, but PC has the flexibility to cater to the niche audience. Left-field productions like my beloved Viscera Cleanup Detail, Duskers and Kerbal Space Program only further cement the notion that I'm done with consoles for good. And hey, even if I do want to dig into the latest GTA, that option is always there as well.

yuraya

Sony is releasing a 400$ box with a 980 in it.

Looks like console gaming has put the final nail in PC's coffin. RIP Steam.

derExperte

These PS4K/Xbox1.5 threads have kept me nice and busy at work for what seems like a solid month now. This E3 is going to be nuts around here.

You haven't seen anything yet, thelastword and viHuGi just came back from their bans and are already making up for lost time.

i havent really kept up but i know the PS4 wasn't even on the level of my old 770 so what is it on the level with now? Is it at or exceeding a 770?

I don't know a flop from a toothpick so forgive my techgnorance

These days, console vs pc hardware is kinda like the story of light and dark. No matter how fast light is, it always finds that darkness got there first and is waiting for it.

Anno

You haven't seen anything yet, thelastword and viHuGi just came back from their bans and are already making up for lost time.

So I've noticed. Has the presumed power of the GPU in the NEO surpassed a 980ti yet? In just a couple hours last night I saw it climb from a 280x to ~20% more powerful than a 970.

Grief.exe

I ordered this mousepad off of Amazon because it was cheap, stitched edges (which is ultimately what did in my QCK), and thick.

I've been using it for about a month and it's quite well made. Solid recommendation from me.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ANHH82M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

81eo7R2EuyL._SL1500_.jpg

The only downside is the logo, as I would prefer to be fully minimalist, but you can't fault the company for getting some marketing off of a good product.

Lain

I was sure I didn't own A Golden Wake.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Runaway Express Mystery -- MB-CBB1039AFEBBABDC - Taken by neonglow. 2 entrants total.
Fairy Tale Mysteries 2: The Beanstalk -- MB-BB75601B8B8C49A9 - Taken by TheAutomator. 4 entrants total.
A Golden Wake -- MB-AE02962B37CA4AC3 - Taken by spindoctor. 4 entrants total.
Dreamscape: The Sandman -- MB-3B7791C3CBC811F1 - Taken by Lashley. 1 entrants total.
Resonance -- MB-9C4F17A39152ECAE - Taken by Mikurden. 3 entrants total.

t1461080689z1.png

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So I've noticed. Has the presumed power of the GPU in the NEO surpassed a 980ti yet? In just a couple hours last night I saw it climb from a 280x to ~20% more powerful than a 970.
What are they on? I was sure it should be around 280x levels of power, did something change with the leaks?

Jawmuncher

I ordered this mousepad off of Amazon because it was cheap, stitched edges (which is ultimately what did in my QCK), and thick.

I've been using it for about a month and it's quite well made. Solid recommendation from me.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ANHH82M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The only downside is the logo, as I would prefer to be fully minimalist, but you can't fault the company for getting some marketing off of a good product.

I use a oppai mouse pad. I like the support. Flat pads just aren't my forte.

derExperte

We're at 'almost Nvidia Titan level' now. Not kidding, that's an actual quote.

Lomax

They need to fire the marketing team. Trailer was so shit. Nearly put me off the movie and I've been hyped.

No way this doesn't bomb (sadly)

I think it lives and dies on the reviews. If they actually made a good movie I think it will be huge. But unlike BvS, bad reviews and bad buzz will kill it completely.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I think it lives and dies on the reviews. If they actually made a good movie I think it will be huge. But unlike BvS, bad reviews and bad buzz will kill it completely.

I just can't see the general audience seeing these shitty trailers on the web or on TV and thinking "this looks good"

It looks shit, even to a WoW fan

Corpekata

Banned
Why would it be weird? One could finish a boss fight every two minutes, it's a quick way to farm medals.

Why would anyone bother to summon for it? Sunbros might want to be summoned there, but there's little incentive to do much summoning.

It's not like the Prowling Magus was a popular summon area in DS2. Popular summon areas tend to be in central areas and around bosses people actually need help with.

yuraya

i havent really kept up but i know the PS4 wasn't even on the level of my old 770 so what is it on the level with now? Is it at or exceeding a 770?

I don't know a flop from a toothpick so forgive my techgnorance

They doubled the power of the gpu but cpu is still the same just oc'd a little. So its basically a 280x with a pretty weak cpu. Its a decent enough upgrade but still pricey. PS4 owners are basically buying the same components over n over again for not that big of a gain. Sony is kind of becoming arrogant. Especially if they don't do a trade in program of some kind.

Wow, the Deacons is a pathetic boss XD

I actually
died to them on my first attempt. I wasn't paying attention to the curse meter just taking my time thinking they are harmless. Next thing you know I turn into a rock and body just collapses to death lol. It was actually pretty cool way they kill you. I easily got them on my second attempt tho.

Why would anyone bother to summon for it? Sunbros might want to be summoned there, but there's little incentive to do much summoning.

It's not like the Prowling Magus was a popular summon area in DS2. Popular summon areas tend to be in central areas and around bosses people actually need help with.
It's not like most players know what awaits them behind the fog door.
Cool cool.

Lomax

I just can't see the general audience seeing these shitty trailers on the web or on TV and thinking "this looks good"

It looks shit, even to a WoW fan

Eh, trailers are trailers. There have been plenty of hit movies I thought had shitty trailers. But if it gets shitty reviews too, then yeah, it's done. Just remember, the story is potentially more complex and interesting than any of these trailers convey. If they managed to make that movie, it could surprise a lot of people. But if they just made a big dumb action flick... well, we'll find out in a couple months.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
SpeeRunners just left Early Access

http://steamcommunity.com/games/207140/announcements/detail/969773433453209437

SpeedRunners is now officially out of Early Access. After hundreds of updates, several community uprisings (remember the whole Lethal Spikes and SpeedBoosting threads?), we are officially out. That's it. Version 1.0.

Here's what the final version of SpeedRunners has to offer:

Gif Editor & Exporter

A new feature in the Replays system is the ability to crop & export GIFs directly from within SpeedRunners, check it out!

Trails Shop & Editor

Yes, you can now create your own trails for SpeedRunners and have them be available in the Trails Shop. This is a curated shop (think just like Team Fortress 2) where users can submit their content to.

Mac & Linux

I am playing SpeedRunners on a Mac, you guys! This actually works.

Single Player Campaign

The brand new single player campaign takes you on a "Mario Kart Style" adventure, going through the multiplayer maps with specific story bits and challenges. The goal of the single player campaign is to ease players into the competitive online part of the game.

Twitch Betting

You can now setup twitch betting when livestreaming SpeedRunners and it's tied to the tinyBuild rewards program.

But wait, what does going out of Early Access mean?

It means that the core features of the game are finished. We will still update the game, and are fully committed to working with the community. The only difference is that the core development team will switch their focus to consoles.

I should play it again...

They doubled the power of the gpu but cpu is still the same just oc'd a little. So its basically a 280x with a pretty weak cpu. Its a decent enough upgrade but still pricey. PS4 owners are basically buying the same components over n over again for not that big of a gain. Sony is kind of becoming arrogant. Especially if they don't do a trade in program of sorts

lmao, is that it!?

What microprocessor is the PS4 using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom