• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp1990

Banned
modern Persona games are pretty bad, anyway
but if Persona 5 comes to steam I might even buy and play it, if it turns to be a better game than 3 and 4, I might end up buying it on PS3, if released for us, Atlus most hated people on the planet.
I hope you're ready to deal with the consequences of this post.

meNpu6l.jpg

Persona 3 is my favorite game ever :V

Arthea

I hope you're ready to deal with the consequences of this post.

https://i.imgur.com/meNpu6l.jpg[/img

[spoiler]Persona 3 is my favorite game ever :V[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

that's the worst Persona game and one of most horribly designed games ever. I dare you to tell me one good thing about bloody Tartarus, the only real location-dungeon in the whole damn 70 hour long game.
It's OK to like it, though, I'm not saying you shouldn't, it has redeeming qualities, just gameplay isn't one of those and I usually am easily bored even by diverse games and Persona 3 is monotonous.

Tizoc

Maybe, yet it'd be bad to backtrack on what you announced. Well, it's not like Atlus USA cares about bad PR anyway.
Backtrack shmacktrack
Ps4 is the primary console now and i bet u sony japan want to use p5 to help boost sales of the console in japan
So if they canceled ps3 ver big friggin whoop
No offense but really it is almost 2017; why release a najor game like p5 on ps3 at all by then?

derExperte

Backtrack shmacktrack
Ps4 is the primary console now and i bet u sony japan want to use p5 to help boost sales of the console in japan
No offense but really it is almost 2017; why release a najor game like p5 on ps3 at all by then?

Because Japan. And it's not Sony's decision on what platforms P5 releases.

Corpekata

Banned
Backtrack shmacktrack

Because it's not a major game. People really oversell how important Persona 5 is.

They are not concerned with selling PS4s, they are concerned with selling to their niche (which is bigger than a lot of JRPGs these days, but still a niche) and a lot of that niche hasn't moved on to PS4s.

MUnited83

For you.
Backtrack shmacktrack

what has sony japan to do with anything? They have literally zero to do with the game, and they are not going to be dumb at the point of buying out exclusivity for a game that is only on their own platforms anywas like lol

Sorry to go offtopic and talk about Dark Souls again, but what scales better in this game....Strength or Dex?

I have a Fire Uchi, but just picked up the Claymore and Zwei. Unsure of which path to go.

Sorry to go offtopic and talk about Dark Souls again, but what scales better in this game....Strength or Dex?

I have a Fire Uchi, but just picked up the Claymore and Zwei. Unsure of which path to go.

Infusing with Fire takes away the Str/Dex scaling on that Katana I believe...you can still upgrade it but the actual scaling goes away

Mafia 3 hands on: loyalty and betrayal in New Orleans
I can take down supply trucks, either on the road as part of madcap driving battle—targeting wheels and petrol tanks at will—or by tracking them down when parked up at mob sites, casually rolling a grenade beneath before sauntering off. I can attack lower-level enforcers wherever they might conduct their professional activities, fighting through their goons before bumping them off, or aggressively recruiting them for my own empire. I can take a bigger risk by hitting a more secure location, assaulting a major, multi-tiered building site packed with dozens of well-armed mooks. That means a large-scale attack, but I’m free to use any approach, from a full-ghost stealth run to bringing in extra muscle and a boatload of guns after a couple of quick phone calls to my seconds-in-command (if they’re still talking to me). Or I can just take the direct approach, and quietly lift a large pile of cash while its owners are busy filling a building’s foundations with fresh corpses. Maybe I’ll toss a molotov while they’re distracted by business, maybe I’ll just vanish on the breeze.

The important thing to know is that none of these activities are side-quests. Hangar 13 is at pains to emphasise that everything you do in Mafia III pushes you forward. Everything is part of the core narrative, the new structure simply in place to deliver a greater sense of player authorship by way of a wider path to the end goal. That’s very welcome news to those of us who feared that the previous game’s nuanced, affecting, genuinely mature storytelling thrust might be drowned amid a push for minigames and nonsense diversions. Mafia’s new developer really seems to understand what makes the series special, and is building part three around the same key pillars of grown-up, character-driven story, sparkling historical detail, and smooth, snappy action.

Umbrella Corps New Trailer, Screenshots Showcase Antarctic Base From Resident Evil: Code Veronica
The new Resident Evil Code Veronica inspired map isn’t the only Umbrella Corps map inspired by Resident Evil games. Some time ago, it’s been confirmed that a Kijuju map is also going to be available in the game.

Two weeks ago, another Umbrella Corps trailer has been shared online, showcasing some of the game’s customization features. The trailer has also confirmed that the multiplayer shooter game will be released on June 21st and not during May as previously announced.

Umbrella Corps will launch on June 21st on PC and PlayStation 4 in all regions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x8J2eGFh4U

Eila

Well damn I just spent all night playing Danganronpa. I didn't notice how long had passed.
And that was just the first case.

I didn't even get enough time to finish the prologue in Danganronpa 2 last night. I got just far enough to see
Monokuma appear on the TV screens for the first time.

Arthea

Well damn I just spent all night playing Danganronpa. I didn't notice how long had passed.
And that was just the first case.

I'm on the second case myself, well, I will be back when I get some of my PCs working. I was actually surprised how long the resolution of the first case took. I was about to go to sleep and I thought I'll just quickly be done with it.
yeah lol, quickly

What's the point of posting crappy dailies?

IDK, it feels right?

Unai

Right, but I started Dex scaling with this before infusing...so should I stick with Dex or move to Str?

Both are good. It depends more on your weapon of choice. The Zwei is better with Strength. The Claymore is a quality weapon so it scales with both Str and Dex. If you turn the Fire Uchigatana into a normal Uchigatana it will be better with Dex. Two other very good Dex weapons are the Great Scythe and the Balder Side Sword.

Parsnip

modern Persona games are pretty bad, anyway
but if Persona 5 comes to steam I might even buy and play it, if it turns to be a better game than 3 and 4, I might end up buying it on PS3, if released for us, Atlus most hated people on the planet.
You are pretty bad, anyway.
I'm very tempted to get PS4 just for P5.

I've been rolling with Claymore and Hollowslayer Greatsword. Hollowslayer scales better with dex, but Claymore is quality, so I've actually been pumping points to both str and dex. It's the way I usually go since I also need dex for bows, and str for eventual greatshields. The only downside of this is that I often forget my health entirely and then bosses end up oneshotting me if I'm not careful, and I'm never careful.

I've been rolling with Claymore and Hollowslayer Greatsword. Hollowslayer scales better with dex, but Claymore is quality, so I've actually been pumping points to both str and dex. It's the way I usually go since I also need dex for bows, and str for eventual greatshields. The only downside of this is that I often forget my health entirely and then bosses end up oneshotting me if I'm not careful, and I'm never careful.

I actually haven't put any points into Vitality yet, which is pretty great. Been trying to focus on gitting gud.

I've found i've dumped too many points into getting my equip load up which is a real sonofabitch. I think they nerfed it or something from DS2

AlanOC91

Man purchasing a 980ti two months ago was a good decision. Everyone told me to hold off and wait but ever since I got it I've been able to blow past everything in 4k and new released like DS3 are running flawlessly for me in 4k.

Such a good purchase. A beast of a graphics card for sure. I hope it'll last me much much longer.

Parsnip

I actually haven't put any points into Vitality yet, which is pretty great. Been trying to focus on gitting gud.

I've found i've dumped too many points into getting my equip load up which is a real sonofabitch. I think they nerfed it or something from DS2

Even Havel's Ring seems less effective than before.

I finally beat Artorias in the original Souls DLC. Never got around to it before, and got to say, it was amazing. I said I wouldn't play Souls 3 until after my ISP issue is resolved, but it's calling me now...

Play Souls 3, or finish Souls 1 DLC?
Finish the DLC. It has many of the best boss fights in the entire franchise.
who here gettin a ps4k
I don't understand why they don't just ride the PS4 until a "proper" new console seeing them dominating.
Ah well, looks like I won't be getting a PS4 then anyway. Will wait for PS4K to become cheaper to get better performance. Dang, the wait will be even longer now.
The NEO will not supplant the current PS4, but will exist alongside of it and use the same user environment.
Sounds weird.

Depends on each weapon stat doesn't it? I try out every weapon and if I like the moveset, I invest points into that.
My stats currently.
Suffice to say, I like various types of weapons :p

Knurek

have you ever bought a console just for one game?
just curious

NDS for Etrian Odyssey.
PSP for Tactics Ogre remake.
970 for Witcher 3
(all three are pretty much gathering dust at the moment)

PS4k is a beast, btw, GPU-wise.
Unless Pascal fails to deliver, I really can see 970 not being enough for 1080p30 in a year or so...

Shahadan

From wikipedia
The game was first announced in 2013 with a cryptic teaser trailer alongside spin-off titles Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, Persona 4: Dancing All Night, and the PlayStation 3 port of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

Which should have been a clear "persona 5 won't be ready for years so have these in the meantime" message for everyone.

data

it's so odd, just talked to this girl who liked games, asked her what her favourite games were

says hitman: absolution.

everywhere else I keep reading about how hitman: absolution was trash and it's this girl's favourite.

kinda disorienting.

I am never buying a platform for one title ever again, so no, I just won't play Persona 5 if it only gets localized for the PS4. Although in my case, I don't have my PS3 anymore either so it really doesn't matter.

Why does Ash Ketchum have a gun in this Steam game?

I bought a PSP only for Valkyria Chronicles 2, which I enjoyed a lot, after loving the first on my PS3 and then was told I am not getting 3 localized. Luckily there was ZHP on it which ended up being my favorite game on that system.

Bought a WiiU at this point for what is basically only Smash and I don't play it anymore. So yeah, I don't recommend doing it, unless you have plenty of disposable income, I dunno.

it's so odd, just talked to this girl who liked games, asked her what her favourite games were

says hitman: absolution.

everywhere else I keep reading about how hitman: absolution was trash and it's this girl's favourite.

kinda disorienting.

Not sure what you mean. It did bug people that didn't feel like a Hitman game at parts but, some folks still liked it. How is it disorienting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom