• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
Hitman Absolution being anyone's favorite game is weird, regardless of the association with the previous games. It'd be like someone saying their favorite movie was Thor 2: The Dark World. It just doesn't seem like it would inspire that much positivity out of anyone, at best it is solid and competent.

And I say that as someone that liked Absolution.

AHA-Lambda

it's so odd, just talked to this girl who liked games, asked her what her favourite games were

says hitman: absolution.

everywhere else I keep reading about how hitman: absolution was trash and it's this girl's favourite.

kinda disorienting.

run.

ExoSoul

Banned
Finish the DLC. It has many of the best boss fights in the entire franchise.

I don't understand why they don't just ride the PS4 until a "proper" new console seeing them dominating.
Ah well, looks like I won't be getting a PS4 then anyway. Will wait for PS4K to become cheaper to get better performance. Dang, the wait will be even longer now.

Sounds weird.

Depends on each weapon stat doesn't it? I try out every weapon and if I like the moveset, I invest points into that.
My stats currently.

Suffice to say, I like various types of weapons :p

That's not enough pixelation ;D

Finish the DLC. It has many of the best boss fights in the entire franchise.

I don't understand why they don't just ride the PS4 until a "proper" new console seeing them dominating.
Ah well, looks like I won't be getting a PS4 then anyway. Will wait for PS4K to become cheaper to get better performance. Dang, the wait will be even longer now.

Sounds weird.

Depends on each weapon stat doesn't it? I try out every weapon and if I like the moveset, I invest points into that.
My stats currently.

I was going to make a joke about you showing that there are souls in the game and spoilers, etc. but I'll leave that one for a better punster.

Quality builds are the best because they let you try out so many different things, if you want. Of course, you'll never be as good with a solid Dex-scaling weapon as you would be if you just stacked Dex a little beyond the soft caps, but its fun to put away your tiny blades and pull out your backup sword that's the size of you.

huh, so you still can get the extra final boss fight in Dark Souls 2 SOTFS even if you finish the game and it doesn't require that you play the DLC. Interesting.

I hate myself, even though i told myself i wasn't going to keep playing SOTFS after finishing it i woke up wanting to get Havel's armor and to not leave the sunken king half finished. i hate me sometimes

MUnited83

For you.
it's so odd, just talked to this girl who liked games, asked her what her favourite games were

says hitman: absolution.

everywhere else I keep reading about how hitman: absolution was trash and it's this girl's favourite.

kinda disorienting.

well

Absolution is a pretty damn good game, just a terrible Hitman.

My stats currently.

veggie you're so bad at censoring stuff. I don't care for covenant spoilers (only thing that matters to me are the bosses and locations) but that clearly says Warrior of Sunlight and the 2nd one says hollowing. try harder

how the hell do i get to the area with the crow lady to turn my boss souls into weapons (I've already freed her from her cell)? also I'm still using the Long Sword (i think its at +5) and I'm lvl70, is one of the boss weapons a good time to switch or are they just for show?

im patiently waiting for devs to just give up on the OG PS4 and start putting games out on there @ 720p because "that's the best we can do! we swear!!!!"

as much as PS4K owners are setting themselves up for disappointment, the real disappointment will be the eventual half assing of ports on the OG PS4 because it's not like they were trying that hard as it was. And of course anyone openly discussing their disappointment about this type of shit will be shot down by a chorus of fanboys telling them to get with the program and buy the REAL PS4.

fucking consoles getting me for the last time, never gonna day one again

The PS4K is why I'm here. Waiting for that RMA-ed motherboard and the graphics card upgrades at the end of May.

I'm not sure if I'll sell the OG PS4 or keep it as a Blu-ray player. I have a BR drive for my PC, so I don't need it. Don't even care about Persona 5, and P3 is in my top three games of all time.

Tizoc

Nobody cared about PS2 releases when Persona 4 release so that's kinda irrelevant.

Thing is, it released at a time when Sony's PS3 didn't have a high user base; now the PS4 has a strong userbase outside Japan and Sony would want to use it to push the PS4 in Japan via P5 PS4 bundles, mind you there are a few PS3+PS4+PSV games released in Japan where the PS4 ver. greatly outsold the PS3 ver.
Because Japan. And it's not Sony's decision on what platforms P5 releases.

I don't see where in my post I insinuated Sony promoting P5 as having them telling Atlus to cancel the PS3 ver.
In the end the PS3 ver. is down to Atlus' decision
I mean heck Last Guardian is a PS3 game being released on the PS4 so P5 could go down that route.

Because it's not a major game. People really oversell how important Persona 5 is.
It can be for Japan at least, and hell if P5 were confirmed for a Steam release, you know how GAF would explode for one thing.
They are not concerned with selling PS4s, they are concerned with selling to their niche (which is bigger than a lot of JRPGs these days, but still a niche) and a lot of that niche hasn't moved on to PS4s.

However
Crica Jan 27th said:
01./00. [PS4] Yakuza: Kiwami <ADV> (Sega) {2016.01.21} (¥6.490) - 103.256 / NEW
02./00. [PS3] Yakuza: Kiwami <ADV> (Sega) {2016.01.21} (¥6.490) - 60.427 / NEW
There is also another game, whose name escapes me atm, where the PS4 ver. greatly outsold the PS3 ver. (Vita release also outsold the PS3 ver. too), it might've been DQ Builders though
01./00. [PSV] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo # <ADV> (Square Enix) {2016.01.28} (¥5.980) - 178.016 / NEW <82,89%>
02./00. [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo <ADV> (Square Enix) {2016.01.28} (¥7.800) - 141.369 / NEW <85,36%>
03./00. [WIU] Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash <SPT> (Nintendo) {2016.01.28} (¥4.700) - 55.331 / NEW
04./00. [PS3] Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard o Fukkatsu Niseyo <ADV> (Square Enix) {2016.01.28} (¥6.800) - 53.154 / NEW <89,44%>

Those figures may not mean much for Japan, but when this thread see 100K in 1 week for FF9 on Steam as a good sign, then I'd see that as a good sign too.

what has sony japan to do with anything? They have literally zero to do with the game, and they are not going to be dumb at the point of buying out exclusivity for a game that is only on their own platforms anywas like lol

As I wrote above; I was talking mainly about using P5 to promote the PS4, eg with a P5 PS4 bundle, I did not mean that they have control on how Atlus should develop the game.

Jawmuncher

All these posts about persona 5 sales and none pertaining to PC, since we still don't have the series on steam yet.
:csdmeh:

Tizoc

honestly, we should ask for SMT first, I know it's a voice in the wind, but still

SMT1 has elements of classic pc RPGs, and has an iOS port. They just need to drop that ish on Steam, price it at $10 or less and watch the money flow in.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Welkin Road last night, skipping levels 4 and 6 due to getting stuck in an obstacle in each. It's pretty good for a game in Early Access, though it takes a while for the mechanics to start feeling good as it requires some advanced skills too soon into the game. Grappling is very hard at first, and I would have enjoyed a bit more focus on actual parkour, but once you get the hang of it you can start pulling off some cool moves. There are 11 levels, which isn't a lot, but each took me at least 15 minutes to complete. Some of the obstacles in the latter levels can be brutal, but beating them feels so rewarding. There are new mechanics constantly being added in every level, which is a good thing. It never gets boring, though it did feel frustrating at times. Truly a case of "git gut": when replaying the first level after completing the game, I managed to cut my original time in half.

It's $13 normally, and currently $11.69 with a 10% discount that lasts for another day. For that price I'd say it's worth a try, if you're into this kind of parkour/obstacle course games (mind you, I got a review key for free, but I wouldn't have been disappointed if I had paid for it). Plus the dev is constantly reading the feedback in Steam Community and posting there, which is great in my opinion.

Hitman Absolution being anyone's favorite game is weird, regardless of the association with the previous games. It'd be like someone saying their favorite movie was Thor 2: The Dark World. It just doesn't seem like it would inspire that much positivity out of anyone, at best it is solid and competent.

And I say that as someone that liked Absolution.
Absolution is not even my favorite Hitman game! This is so random for someone's favorite game ever.

The best thing about the PS4K is that the tired ass argument that only PC needs to be upgraded every couple years for the best graphics and performance will finally be retired.

Jawmuncher

All these posts about Dino Crisis and none pertaining to PC, since we still don't have the series on steam yet.
:csdmeh:

But nah I was getting at there was a heavy discussion on Persona Sales and PS3. I dont really care but thought it was odd to see such in depth here. Since usually our persona discussions are "would be a good fit for PC, Atlus needs to at least try, etc"

But nah I was getting at there was a heavy discussion on Persona Sales and PS3. I dont really care but thought it was odd to see such in depth here. Since usually our persona discussions are "would be a good fit for PC, Atlus needs to at least try, etc"

Nah I get you I was just kidding.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh boooo the scrap you periodiclly get from the strongholds you capture only coutns for the zone you are in, thats bullshit. Why go through all the effort then (well besides because its fun) if are just going to move on from that zone eventually. Bad Avalanche, bad!

Anno

These PS4K/Xbox1.5 threads have kept me nice and busy at work for what seems like a solid month now. This E3 is going to be nuts around here.

this dark souls 2 lore stuff is pretty interesting. So much of this flew over my head but then again i never really pay much attention to the story of these games anyhow. I like to experience it as an idiot hollow who stumbles his way to the end of the journey having no idea what the possible ramifications of his actions are, sorta like as if Homer Simpson was just dropped into a souls game

hey, i just had a thought

maybe now that the PS4K is a thing maybe capcom will go back and make the backgrounds for SFV animate @ 60 instead of 30? maybe? please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom