• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, uhm, i've got a weird "issue": I suddenly have 4,80 in my Steam Wallet.
The thing is, I have no idea how it got there.

I'm not complaining, but it's kinda freaking me out.
Anyone here's got an idea where it came from?

In other news; Dark Souls 3's level-design is incredible and I can never play a Souls game without the Steam Controller again.
It's a strange piece of hardware, but it's been growing on me.

I've got the same thing - $4.80 just showed up in my wallet. I also purchased the DS3/Steam controller bundle. Judging by the number of people who seem to have this I'm guessing its actually Valve and not some hacker but I wish they would make some sort of statement.

Sch1sm

Finished Walking Dead Season 2, and.

I'm left with a lot of blood on my hands, and a lot of questionable choices made, because I pretty much always chose the lol, why would you do that, option. I picked
Jane
at the end of it, if anyone's curious. Done with Telltale for a good while, though. On to a replay of Undertale next, I think.

I didn't get an achievement pop-up for defeating the Watchers last night. I was playing during the usual Tuesday Steam downtime, but I'm 100% sure I was in online mode when I actually walked through the fog door. I was definitely playing in offline for a bit, but I exited to main menu to make sure I was playing online before I did the boss. I did not restart the whole game.

I dropped my summon a few times after, but that obviously didn't matter.

I'm not worried about it directly (I'll get it on NG+ or with a reroll) but I am about all this invalid game data stuff. What do?

Monooboe

Finished Walking Dead Season 2, and.

I'm left with a lot of blood on my hands, and a lot of questionable choices made, because I pretty much always chose the lol, why would you do that, option. I picked
Jane
at the end of it, if anyone's curious. Done with Telltale for a good while, though. On to a replay of Undertale next, I think.

I had the same feeling after Season 2, or more that I felt I was done with Walking Dead. Was even hesitant going into Tales from the Borderlands but I'm glad I did.

Arthea

I had no idea what Moonrise is, but everything space related has to end in my library one way or another. Apparently it's a beta and a game doesn't even have a steampage? How I am supposed to know what kind of a game it is? Is it multi only perhaps?

Some old codes, should work but I can't give any guarantees, but let me know.

Moonrise worked, and it's a beta key btw.

Vuze

I didn't get an achievement pop-up for defeating the Watchers last night. I was playing during the usual Tuesday Steam downtime, but I'm 100% sure I was in online mode when I actually walked through the fog door. I was definitely playing in offline for a bit, but I exited to main menu to make sure I was playing online before I did the boss. I did not restart the whole game.

I dropped my summon a few times after, but that obviously didn't matter.

I'm not worried about it directly (I'll get it on NG+ or with a reroll) but I am about all this invalid game data stuff. What do?
You mean like the popup you get when loading up the game? I wouldn't worry about it at all if you quit properly, I've backed up and restored my save a ton in DS and DS3 (which also leads to the popup), never had an issue.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So, is the only advantage to having ESO from steam the cards and tracking the time played? Because it's stupidly expensive compared to the non-steam version.

You mean like the popup you get when loading up the game? I wouldn't worry about it at all if you quit properly, I've backed up and restored my save a ton in DS and DS3 (which also leads to the popup), never had an issue.

No, just the steam achievement. I'm probably just being overly paranoid, but I didn't want to proceed if the game thought something was fishy with my data.

Jawmuncher

Got a Windows Xbox one adapter. Was tired of cords and the steam controller for my personal tastes isn't a good fit for everything.

Jadax

Man the Star Fox review thread is pretty hard to read. Nintendo faithful on another level sometimes.
tbf nintendo is nintendo. I may not have consoles anymore, and nintendo may be absolute shite now, but my earliest memories of playing games is on my super nintendo and n64. Will always have a soft spot for that company.

kagamin

As long as Nintendo makes good games and isn't charging for online, I'll keep buying systems. Monolith Soft keeps delivering as well.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
If you're a cheevo hunter type, all the secret ones have to do with different ways to execute the ending. Can find the list easily online, of course. Would love to hear what you think of it, so leave impressions whenever you get to it. :conwayshrug:

GunPoint is cool, the first few levels were simple stuff and then you get the crosslink feature reminding you this is a puzzle game, it was kinda hard at first getting a handle of things but i'm good now. The story is serviceable but the writing is actually good, there's fun stuff in there oh and any game that references Airplane is a 10/10 in my book.

2334CCD446980D1542D821614E38C78541275D2C

Gonna keep playing since i hear it's a short game overall.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So, is the only advantage to having ESO from steam the cards and tracking the time played? Because it's stupidly expensive compared to the non-steam version.

Correct. It works fine as a non-Steam shortcut, and you still have to create an ESO account and use their launcher so you might as well not have it on Steam unless you want cards or time tracking.

Sch1sm

GunPoint is cool, the first few levels were simple stuff and then you get the crosslink feature reminding you this is a puzzle game, it was kinda hard at first getting a handle of things but i'm good now. The story is serviceable but the writing is actually good, there's fun stuff in there oh and any game that references Airplane is a 10/10 in my book.

2334CCD446980D1542D821614E38C78541275D2C

Gonna keep playing since i hear it's a short game overall.

Yeah, it definitely has that tendency. A puzzle/stealth sort of thing with that detective twist and some funny choices. It's largest complaint from people - outside of Mac port issues - that I noticed is the enemies don't get much more difficult, outside of ones that you can't simply tackle and punch to death, but I always thought it made up in that with the way level design evolved further you went. Personally didn't mind it.

About 3.5 hours, maximum, iirc. Not much more than that. Played it through twice and my logged time on Steam for it is 7.3h total.

As long nintendo keeps denying snake in smash, they can burn for all I care.

You're basically going to die before that happens.

Knurek

All new titles with Neo support use unified packages that run on both platforms. The CPU binary is identical, while three GPU binaries (shared, PS4-specific and Neo-specific) are all contained in the same package.

Say wha...?
Having to write your code three times seems... counter productive.
I thought PS4 had some sort of DirectX equivalent, hadn't it?

But the massively important question - will this fix the game from both flipping upside down and back to front part way through playing it?

Still happens to this day. I assume it is some rare issue only happening to me.

B1DCCC998DC7D3EF465AF1319C551FB2D98650CF

Wowser. That's one cool bug.

I've had that SORTA happen in Steam chat before, where my words are all typed in reverse order. It's neat!

Do they know about that bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom