• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

But the massively important question - will this fix the game from both flipping upside down and back to front part way through playing it?

Still happens to this day. I assume it is some rare issue only happening to me.
Look, man. There is an easy fix to this. I think I even told you this before.
Suspend yourself from the ceiling while watching the monitor through a mirror. It's easy, and the exercise in installing the hooks for this will do you some good.

Nzyme32

Wowser. That's one cool bug.

I've had that SORTA happen in Steam chat before, where my words are all typed in reverse order. It's neat!

Do they know about that bug?

Actually this is a good point. I was aggrevated enough by the situation to simply not even try to ask for help. I couldn't find anyone else with the issue from a brief search, and several people here before just brushed it as Unity things.

Russian mode activated.

The only way to disable Russian mode is if I flip a screen and use a mirror... which I think is actually likely to happen in Summer with a few drinks and moving things around the lounge, which usually happens for some Wimbledon Tennis fun... maybe I can flip the 50inch and take the similarly sized mirror off the wall...

Look, man. There is an easy fix to this. I think I even told you this before.
Suspend yourself from the ceiling while watching the monitor through a mirror. It's easy, and the exercise in installing the hooks for this will do you some good.

This is also a stunning option. The lazy man approach would be to do this in VR where it may be less complex... but that's for pussies

Jawmuncher

I really don't know why idlemaster acts up. Unless it's selected the time it idles isn't correct. Which didn't used to be the case.

Nzyme32

5th round of free OutDrive here => gleam (4 tasks)

Don't bother with Outdrive; it's crap and kind of a rip off of a different game that was announced earlier than it, called Power Drive 2000 - which you should consider instead when it eventually arrives - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1420158244/power-drive-2000

14325849948992.gif

There is a more classic looking one called Drift Stage - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1910344764/drift-stage/description

zix40o1qvixnsgkaqa6e.gif

There is another Outrun kind of game that seem to have potential called Slipstream - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/noctet/slipstream/description

pnNEtgg.gif

Confusing to remember them all!

But the massively important question - will this fix the game from both flipping upside down and back to front part way through playing it?

Still happens to this day. I assume it is some rare issue only happening to me.

B1DCCC998DC7D3EF465AF1319C551FB2D98650CF

Someone in the DS3 |OT| (crossposting) has an equally obscure bug, it turns out:
What the fuck is this?
3D7724417C4E31C5C9802D568829C6CFCF6F97CD

This pops up every time I lock on. Anyone see this issue before and know how to get rid of it? Pretty much makes the game unplayable.
Souls games will not be one-upped by anything.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gothic Battlefleet: Armada looks super pretty. Im a huge sucker for Warhammer 40k stuff, very tempting with the gm voucher (drops it to 28.90 or something, but I havent seen any impressions anyware :/

it's 4⃣2⃣0⃣ today😳😱but I'm not smoking weed🌿🍁😴😏🚬I'm smoking💨😜the bible😇😋🙏🏽📕because heaven⬆️😍👐🏽😂is the highest you can get🙌🏽😤

Saty

Owlchemy Labs reduces HTC Vive title Job Simulator from $40 to $30 after just two weeks on sale

In a post on the game's Steam forum explaining the decision, Owlchemy said the game's original price reflected a few factors, including the limited installed base and the need to recoup development costs of 15 people working on the game for a year and a half.

"The community has been sincere and honest with their feedback, and so we're responding," the company said.

To avoid burning bridges with people who bought the game at its launch price, Owlchemy Labs is temporarily offering full refunds to existing owners, regardless of how much they have played, and encouraging them to repurchase the game at its lower price.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-04-20-vr-dev-drops-price
http://steamcommunity.com/games/448280/announcements/detail/887582885482635746

I actually think even 30$ for such titles is too much.
I know its a "Wii Sports" kind of situation where you have a game with not much content, that can be played over and over again, but I really wouldnt pay that much for a VR title. I mean a lot of VR titles that released are far too expensive.

And on another note...
Most people who have a Vive now got the game for free. And judging by the website, you can still get it for free if you preorder a Vive. At least it shows here in the german shop:

Limitiertes kostenloses Bundle-Angebot: Job Simulator, Fantastic Contraption und Tilt Brush von Google

So everyone who preordered a Vive has that game and with the Rift you cant even play it yet, so who would buy it now?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it definitely has that tendency. A puzzle/stealth sort of thing with that detective twist and some funny choices. It's largest complaint from people - outside of Mac port issues - that I noticed is the enemies don't get much more difficult, outside of ones that you can't simply tackle and punch to death, but I always thought it made up in that with the way level design evolved further you went. Personally didn't mind it.

About 3.5 hours, maximum, iirc. Not much more than that. Played it through twice and my logged time on Steam for it is 7.3h total.

You're basically going to die before that happens.

So i finished Gunpoint! by the time i finished it at the 3 hours, i was ready to wrap things up, it doesn't outstay it's welcome. The final level is pretty damn cool with a very clever use of Steam achievements but what really made an impression to me it's way the game ends,
the custom epilogue and the quit to desktop is genius, i'm gonna link mine if anyone wants to see it
. So yeah cool game overall i definitely recommend it.

http://www.pentadact.com/category/conwaysblog/?K=11&U=35&C0=1&E1=2&C1=6&E2=3&C2=5&C3=3&C4=3&C5=2

Oh and i'm not gonna do the steam achievements because i only care about PSN trophies.

SSPssp

That actually looks fun. I am somehow Level 1 though.

They did this before with some in-game DLC for a game. But they opened it up for all levels with a new giveaway later. Just keep your eyes open.

Also, joining groups is the easiest way to level up. Just join the oldest groups in the back of the list so they don't spam the hell out of you like that descent underground guy did.

They did this before with some in-game DLC for a game. But they opened it up for all levels with a new giveaway later. Just keep your eyes open.

Also, joining groups is the easiest way to level up. Just join the oldest groups in the back of the list so they don't spam the hell out of you like that descent underground guy did.

Thanks. Seems I cant get higher than lvl2 now. Too bad.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Correct. It works fine as a non-Steam shortcut, and you still have to create an ESO account and use their launcher so you might as well not have it on Steam unless you want cards or time tracking.

I'll order the non-steam version then. TRIPLE dipping (Had it on PS4 and have it on XB1 :p)

Also, is the steam link good? Considering it for playing PC games on my TV whilst I lay in bed.

M.D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (M.D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Back to the Future: The Game -- MB-3CECE630D3D4CE5A - Taken by Gez. 5 entrants total.
Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse -- MB-F0AB4DC0DD7BF1B7 - Taken by Jawmuncher. 2 entrants total.
Puzzle Agent 2 -- MB-E1360A77F47D9796 - Taken by Shalashaska. 2 entrants total.
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-D5603FDD12674681
Puzzle Agent -- MB-27FD4A3651E84B61
The Walking Dead: Season 1 -- MB-CEA3B142BADCC9B0 - Taken by diabolusinmusica. 8 entrants total.

t1461198896z1.png

Enjoy!

Edit: Huh, I sent the message to modbot 40 minutes ago and forget that it actually counts before I post it.. ;s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom