• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Looks amazing. I've been playing the crap out of ESO on the PS4, there is so much stuff to do in that game it's crazy. I bought all the DLC when the coins went on sale on PSN a few weeks ago and started in on some of the thieves guild stuff just the other day.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Dark Brotherhood being available, it's easily one of my favorite Oblivion/Skyrim guilds (especially Oblivion) so it'll be interesting to see how they tackle it here.

Such a massively underrated MMO in my opinion

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You know, the artwork section for Bad Rats is alright...

RqCPFgK.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I didn't really enjoy the beta periods. I would try again if they had a demo or something, don't want to fork out cash to try and then not like. As I don't know really anybody who plays too.

Don't let your opinion of the game be swayed by the beta. I was in the beta and it was horrifyingly terrible. I'm a big fan of the Elder Scrolls series, and I left the beta saying "I'm never going to play this, it's garbage." There were so many things about Elder Scrolls (and gaming in general) that they got wrong - first and foremost was that the game wasn't fun.

When they re-launched the game as Tamriel Unlimited, they massively overhauled all of the game's mechanics, reworked the quest system, fixed things like having searchable containers, etc that made the game more like an Elder Scrolls MMO rather than just Generic MMO with Elder Scrolls skin #876. They also dropped the monthly cost (unless you want to subscribe for monthly rewards/free DLC) and that helped bring a lot of players in that made the world feel more fleshed out. Primarily though, they focused on making the game very solo-friendly which I appreciated.

Since then, they've released regular content updates (and paid DLC) that further flesh out the game and make it feel more like a traditional Elder Scrolls title. They had a big "Justice Update" that made it so you can steal items and get chased/killed by guards for doing so if you got caught. It also introduced bounties. The DLC has been really good too, introducing new guilds, quests, new playable areas etc.

It's definitely worth checking out again if you get the chance. Sometimes the non-Steam version goes on sale for cheap on GMG for like $6.

Sarcasm

Don't let your opinion of the game be swayed by the beta. I was in the beta and it was horrifyingly terrible. I'm a big fan of the Elder Scrolls series, and I left the beta saying "I'm never going to play this, it's garbage." There were so many things about Elder Scrolls (and gaming in general) that they got wrong - first and foremost was that the game wasn't fun.

When they re-launched the game as Tamriel Unlimited, they massively overhauled all of the game's mechanics, reworked the quest system, fixed things like having searchable containers, etc that made the game more like an Elder Scrolls MMO rather than just Generic MMO with Elder Scrolls skin #876. They also dropped the monthly cost (unless you want to subscribe for monthly rewards/free DLC) and that helped bring a lot of players in that made the world feel more fleshed out. Primarily though, they focused on making the game very solo-friendly which I appreciated.

Since then, they've released regular content updates (and paid DLC) that further flesh out the game and make it feel more like a traditional Elder Scrolls title. They had a big "Justice Update" that made it so you can steal items and get chased/killed by guards for doing so if you got caught. It also introduced bounties. The DLC has been really good too, introducing new guilds, quests, new playable areas etc.

It's definitely worth checking out again if you get the chance. Sometimes the non-Steam version goes on sale for cheap on GMG for like $6.

GMG blocks my region heh...

Do they do free weekends?

jshackles

GMG blocks my region heh...

Do they do free weekends?

They did a free weekend (I think their first one) back in December. A lot of people didn't realize that the game is like 40GB to download, so a lot of people with slower internet speeds couldn't even download the game during the free weekend let alone play it.

Seriously though, the game goes on sale pretty often on a lot of different sites. The keys activate directly on your Elder Scrolls Online account (not Steam) and they can often be found for around $20, which is still a great deal for the amount of content you get. For example, it's currently on discount at WinGameStore.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I bought and played it 2014 Winter Sale on Stump's recommendation and had no regrets. Climbed to one of my favourites immediately. That jazz soundtrack, so strong. It's not too long, either. Single sitting work, easily.

Sounds pretty nice, i think i'll try and play Gunpoint , hopefully today.

No lies detected.

the only worthwhile exception is Kino's journey

Sch1sm

Sounds pretty nice, i think i'll try and play Gunpoint , hopefully today.

If you're a cheevo hunter type, all the secret ones have to do with different ways to execute the ending. Can find the list easily online, of course. Would love to hear what you think of it, so leave impressions whenever you get to it. :conwayshrug:

Jazz573

Clannad Production Update #15

Just a quick update today for everyone.

Side Stories physical master has reached GOLD milestone. Just a few things left on the Steam checklist before the store page goes live. Release date is still pending but it won't be far away.

The paperwork for the items bound for the UK warehouse was completed yesterday. The pallets should be on board a plane by the end of the week.

AU shipment is en route to the AU warehouse. There's still customs inspection and receiving to be done before it's cleared for distribution.

Backlogger

My Number 1 wanted feature for the Client is disabling all and every pop-up but still be able to take screenshots in-game and chat via Shift-Tab.

Get on that Valve. It's irritating having to choose between disabling pop-ups globally while in-game or taking screenshots.
Guess I wasn't working out at my new job, back to searching :/
Sorry to hear. Hope you'll land on your feet soon.

Messiah

Melty cards are worth so much (up to 1€ per card) but I can't be arsed to use the authenticator to sell them. Feels bad.

My Number 1 wanted feature for the Client is disabling all and every pop-up but still be able to take screenshots in-game and chat via Shift-Tab.

Get on that Valve. It's irritating having to choose between disabling pop-ups globally while in-game or taking screenshots.

Sorry to hear. Hope you'll land on your feet soon.

?

Melty cards are worth so much (up to 1€ per card) but I can't be arsed to use the authenticator to sell them. Feels bad.

?

No, what he means is that it would be nice if we could disable all notifications (group events or announcements are always on if the overlay is on) while being able to use the overlay.

Saty

Superdata has lowered its expectations for virtual reality revenues in 2016 for the second time in as many months. The market intelligence firm today revised its 2016 global VR hardware and software forecast down 22 percent from $3.6 billion to $2.9 billion. Its projection at the beginning of the year had been $5.1 billion.

The report says about 13 million Americans intend to purchase a VR headset this year, but Superdata is only expecting shipments of 7.2 million.

Of those 7.2 million, the Gear VR is expected to see the widest adoption, with 3.5 million units expected to ship this year. PlayStation VR is next with projections of 2.6 million units, followed by a combined 1.1 million units for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift (although Superdata acknowledges that number could be higher if HTC and Oculus solve their production issues).
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-04-20-superdata-downgrades-vr-forecast-again

I can't imagine that NBA DLC will sell very well

Oh, the NBA DLC is just flags. Something else I might have gone for, but I'd rather stick with the Annemunition Armory flag I've been using.

NBA team themed paint jobs might have been cool, but probably tougher to do with in game team colors.

madjoki

Some old codes, should work but I can't give any guarantees, but let me know.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

t1cxE6r.gif
Asteroids Outpost -- MB-9B8D8B2D406A8AFF - Taken by Chairmanchuck
DYAD -- MB-DC2FCE4881A7E07A - Taken by Henry Swanson
Moonrise -- MB-F6A55FE93D37150B - Taken by Arthea
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered Soul Suspect -- MB-84C26BB01AD51370 - Taken by Lashley - Taken by Popstar

Popstar

Whoops. Make a mistake taking Murdered: Soul Suspect.

madjoki, I "nuked" the key so it can be given away again.

Sorry about that, I meant to take Dyad but not enough caffeine has reached my brain yet this morning.

ModBot said:

t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered Soul Suspect -- MB-84C26BB01AD51370 - Taken by Lashley

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Thanks for soul suspect! Haven't played it yet but it's on my to-do list. Need to slog through Minecraft: Story Mode first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom