• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Gez:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Samorost 2 (key 2) -- MB-2712805CB1CD0DAB - Taken by neonglow
Samorost 2 -- MB-E078BB398A387000 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung
Cortex Command -- MB-5D71F24EEE6BE45D - Taken by Lashley

Hektor

Real talk, these trials in Danganronpa 2 are long. Seriously, even the first trial had an intermission of sorts.

I'm twelve hours in and have only finished the first two chapters.

I remember that at one point I was like "I'm just gonna finish up this class trial and then go to bed" and then I've been sitting there for two and a half more hours. But that trial was fantastico.

This Contagion review from a former developer is juicy. I only just by chance looked at it as it comes with Bundle Stars 6 and wanted to see if it was good.

Then this developer responds just afew days ago.

PEu2mkL.png

tumblr_n6vztzAsjT1qgf1i8o1_250.gif
Thats some ether.

JarrodL

Quick Dark Souls II question:
I've lit 4 primal bonfires and killed the 4 major bosses, and now the Fire Keeper chick is telling me to go "see the King" in the castle. However, there are still quite a few secret/locked passages and doors I can't open in the other areas (such as the several bigass doors which require a "symbol of the King").

I don't want to accidentally finish the game before doing all the DLC areas and those I missed like above, should I go to the castle now or do I need to look for the ways to unlock them elsewhere?

Soulflarz

Banned
nuveem arguably does some great things for the industry in odd ways
IE I own superhot. I would have refunded it...or not even bought it tbh, if it was anything more than the $10 I paid

besides me impulse buying stuff more often though? lolno

zkylon

zkylewd
I've lit 4 primal bonfires and killed the 4 major bosses, and now the Fire Keeper chick is telling me to go "see the King" in the castle. However, there are still quite a few secret/locked passages and doors I can't open in the other areas (such as the several bigass doors which require a "symbol of the King").

I don't want to accidentally finish the game before doing all the DLC areas and those I missed like above, should I go to the castle now or do I need to look for the ways to unlock them elsewhere?
yeah, go ahead, you still have a bit more to go

the final area is super obvious, you'll know when you see it

Corpekata

Banned

You get the symbol of the king from the king.

Parsnip

Dark Souls 2 doesn't automatically dump you into NG+ after you beat the final boss. You have to manually choose to start NG+ from the Majula bonfire. So you can do all the DLC and whatever else even after the final boss.

Arthea

just checked and Code of Princess was massively negatively reviewed because it's a 3DS game? Never change steam community, never change. One review outright says it shouldn't have been ported. seriously...
It also sold poorly - 5,139 ± 1,649, that doesn't look good for future 3DS game porting prospects if there were any.
I know it's not the best game under the sun, no worries

edited: anybody knows, is Frederic: Resurrection of Music Director's Cut replacing a regular version or not? I mean are we getting it for free or not.

edit2:
a new shmup by Satazius and Supercharged Robot VULKAISER devs coming soon - WOLFLAME

edit3: by soon I mean today

just checked and Code of Princess was massively negatively reviewed because it's a 3DS game? Never change steam community, never change. One review outright says it shouldn't have been ported. seriously...
It also sold poorly - 5,139 ± 1,649, that doesn't look good for future 3DS game porting prospects if there were any.

edited: anybody knows, is Frederic: Resurrection of Music Director's Cut replacing a regular version or not? I mean are we getting it for free or not.

It's not free, but there's going to be a 90% discount for one week if you own the original version.

Lain

Someone posted this in the Black Culture Thread, so I thought I'd share here, since the planned release is for MAC/WIN/LINUX on Steam.

Clique, by Dead Art Games | Kickstarter

Clique is a game about facing prejudice. It's made by an African-American team, outlining their struggles growing up in Detroit through positive characters rather than the stereotypes we see. The one's they mention specifically are like Lee in TWD, Mafia III's protag, even GTA. First link is a Polygon article about it and the two devs behind it now.

Kickstarter has 2 weeks left and just over 28k left to go.

Had the kickstarter on remind me later mode since I saw the game on greenlight days ago. I haven't looked at how it's trending but with 2 weeks left, I should have the money to pledge before it ends, hopefully.

I wouldn't say massively, it's still 72% positive.
The game isn't even bad despite being held back by its 3DS origins, presentation wise (pixelated models, spartane backgrounds, to name the 2 most obvious).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Doesn't look like there is a Brazilian sub for the game, so the game is region free

non region locked, non paypal locked, Melty for $8.50? :eek:

If you want to buy Melty Blood on Nuuvem, with 10% off here's a coupon: BEMVINDO10

(it's paypal locked, too)

wait it IS paypal locked? fuck

wheres Brazil Gaf at to help a cat out?

Momentary

Banned

I don't know how Mostly Positive = Massively Negative.

Degica didn't expect this to sell like hotcakes. This will probably be another one of their slow burns. Something that people scoop up at 50 to 75% off. Most people think it's an all right port. I think the main cry babies are the ones who thought that they would have gone back and created HD prerendered models. That's pretty ridiculous.

Also, Wolflame will be getting bought by me today.

Arthea

I don't know how Mostly Positive = Massively Negative.

Degica didn't expect this to sell like hotcakes. This will probably be another one of their slow burns. Something that people scoop up at 50 to 75% off. Most people think it's an all right port. I think the main cry babies are the ones who thought that they would have gone back and created HD prerendered models. That's pretty ridiculous.

Also, Wolflame will be getting bought by me today.

I had in mind negative reviews I checked and their reasons, not balance of reviews, it shifted to positive again, yeah.

Card Boy

Banned
Yeah Melty Blood is Paypal locked on Nuuvem.

Operação cancelada. Ao menos um produto no seu carrinho não está disponível para compra em sua região or
Operation canceled . At least one product in your cart is not available for purchase in your area.

Ludens

Banned
So SteamGAF... what if the PC announcement of FFXV was delayed to be announced at the same time as PS4 Neo version ? :")

If a Neo version exists, it would be already in the game, since Sony wants Neo support from October and FFXV will release on the last day of September.
I think we'll get a PC version for the GOTY Edition or FFXV.7 version of the game (since SE loves those dumb numbers).

If a Neo version exists, it would be already in the game, since Sony wants Neo support from October and FFXV will release on the last day of September.
I think we'll get a PC version for the GOTY Edition or FFXV.7 version of the game (since SE loves those dumb numbers).

It would already be in the game, but I meant in the sense that they might focus on the fact the game is enhanced for Neo.

Ludens

Banned
It would already be in the game, but I meant in the sense that they might focus on the fact the game is enhanced for Neo.

Well, maybe SE will release a Neo patch later, maybe with the GOTY, to promote the game again when the life cycle is gone (the D1 life cycle of course).
I mean, we already know how much SE loves double-dippers, and they already have problems on make the game running on 30 fps, so yeah, a NEO version is pretty much mandatory.

This whole NEO thing sounds pretty dumb, imho.
I mean, if you need to upgrade your console, make a worthy upgrade, because from the spec I saw, the upgrade isn't worth at all, waste of money for now.

Momentary

Banned
With this talk of FFXV being a graphical showcase on PC (if it's released), I expect to have 21:9 support and unlocked framerates and SLI support right out the gates.

Arthea

With this talk of FFXV being a graphical showcase on PC (if it's released), I expect to have 21:9 support and unlocked framerates and SLI support right out the gates.

I'll take no loading times, stable 60 fps, 1080p and it being released on PC in timely fashion, thank you.
I also hope it's not as bad at being a FF game as I imagine, not that it's a strong hope, but it's there.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't know whom to believe, you or JaseC :/

My bad, I thought Nuuvem transitioned to automatically making games unavailable when browsing from a region wherein they can't be bought, but it seems to be done on a per-game basis and Melty Blood slipped through the cracks.

I've been trying to think of the name of this indie game that was released 3 years ago.

It was trippy as fuck.

It was a series of pixelated vignettes, with one of them being in the Vietnam War and another one in space during the cold war.

If I could remember it, I would wishlist it.

It was very psychedelic.

So SteamGAF... what if the PC announcement of FFXV was delayed to be announced at the same time as PS4 Neo version ? :")
Its not coming to pc for a reason, pc cant handle such an amazing game. The only playform that can handle it is the playstation cuatro. Game looks and runs like ass on xbone cause xbone is a shit system and should have never existed, all micro does is try to steel dem gud playstation exclusives but still fail cause their trashbox cant keep up with the beautiful, majestic playstation quatre. I find it funny that any of you honestly think your PCs can even run ff15, come back to me when u got that 8 gb gddr5. Go bwck to your kiddie dota game, plebs

Its not coming to pc for a reason, pc cant handle such an amazing game. The only playform that can handle it is the playstation cuatro. Game looks and runs like ass on xbone cause xbone is a shit system and should have never existed, all micro does is try to steel dem gud playstation exclusives but still fail cause their trashbox cant keep up with the beautiful, majestic playstation quatre. I find it funny that any of you honestly think your PCs can even run ff15, come back to me when u got that 8 gb gddr5

I think S-E- should apologize!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom