• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not coming to pc for a reason, pc cant handle such an amazing game. The only playform that can handle it is the playstation cuatro. Game looks and runs like ass on xbone cause xbone is a shit system and should have never existed, all micro does is try to steel dem gud playstation exclusives but still fail cause their trashbox cant keep up with the beautiful, majestic playstation quatre. I find it funny that any of you honestly think your PCs can even run ff15, come back to me when u got that 8 gb gddr5. Go bwck to your kiddie dota game, plebs

:"")

Ori and the Blind Foret definitive edition got a release date of April 27th, I wonder what the devs did during the delay.

I think the theory is added certification time due to the whole new Windows storefront platform.

If that's not true, it's at least a good reason to hate on UWP.

Does anyone know why these giveaways are making you join a bunch of different groups on steam? How does that benefit them in any way?

Advertisments.
Those groups will spam ads on your activity feed like:

"Buy these three games:"

The more groups you know, the more ads you get. And the games are usually from those devs, which gave you a key.

I like the concept but the aesthetics turn me off. Plus if I got one, it would never leave sitting mode. LoL.

Looks interesting enough. Not a fan of the music for some reason.

Advertisments.
Those groups will spam ads on your activity feed like:

"Buy these three games:"

The more groups you know, the more ads you get. And the games are usually from those devs, which gave you a key.

Ah, that makes sense. I normally leave the group as soon as I get a key so I never see them, LoL.

Anteater

Ori and the Blind Foret definitive edition got a release date of April 27th, I wonder what the devs did during the delay.

They said they got to optimize it more during the delay, you can now play it on your Surface Pro 4

We're all really proud of the Definitive Edition - Playing it on one of those sweet 21:9 monitors is just really cool and due to the delay, we also had some more time to optimize the hell out of it. I've been recently playing through it on a Surface Pro 4 and it works just fine now even if you don't have a dedicated GPU in your machine.

This is my daily post about how fantastic the level design is in Dark Souls 3. The 'linear' progression of stages is a bummer, but damn. Each level is so detailed I don't even care.

I'm in the Cathedral now and each shortcut bringing me back to the main bonfire reminds me in the small way of Firelink back in the OG Dark Souls.

This game is great. And frustrating as all hell at times.

I don't know how Mostly Positive = Massively Negative.

Degica didn't expect this to sell like hotcakes. This will probably be another one of their slow burns. Something that people scoop up at 50 to 75% off. Most people think it's an all right port. I think the main cry babies are the ones who thought that they would have gone back and created HD prerendered models. That's pretty ridiculous.

Complaints about the game-design are one thing, but considering what Degica/Studio Saizensen had to work with, the Code of Princess port turned out just fine.

dex3108

Let's do this :D

CgkZJIZW4AQMy9W.jpg

just checked and Code of Princess was massively negatively reviewed because it's a 3DS game? Never change steam community, never change. One review outright says it shouldn't have been ported. seriously...
It also sold poorly - 5,139 ± 1,649, that doesn't look good for future 3DS game porting prospects if there were any.

That game is locked to 720p and it will look like a turd on my 55" 4k tv, so I wont buy it (yet).

Eila

That game is locked to 720p and it will look like a turd on my 55" 4k tv, so I wont buy it (yet).

Honestly the backgrounds are fine compared to the gigantic blocky sprites, which are impossible to fix.
But at a least the game runs 60 fps even if there's a ton of crap on screen.

Corpekata

Banned
If anyone was going to gauge 3DS ports based on Code of Pricess, a game that didn't even do well on its' original platform, they are fooking morons.

Not everything is meant to be a hit. 5k sales of a niche as fuck game ported years later by a small time publisher like Degica is probably pretty much in line with what they were expecting. Very few of their games break out of the 15k barrier that haven't been bundled. Their costs are very likely fairly small.

Cross-platform play confirmed for virtual reality game Eve: Valkyrie

Eve Valkyrie - CCP's space shooter set within the Ev Online universe - will support cross-platform play in the future. The news was revealed by the game's executive producer, Owen O'Brien, during the opening ceremony of the company's annual Fanfest gathering in Reykjavik, Iceland.

Valkyrie, currently available as an Early Access title for the Oculus Rift, is also in development for both the HTC Vive and Sony's upcoming PlayStation VR hardware. The news ensures that owners of the game will be able to play together, regardless of their preferred VR platform.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
just checked and Code of Princess was massively negatively reviewed because it's a 3DS game? Never change steam community, never change. One review outright says it shouldn't have been ported. seriously...
It also sold poorly - 5,139 ± 1,649, that doesn't look good for future 3DS game porting prospects if there were any.
I know it's not the best game under the sun, no worries
I agree, it should have been reviewed negatively for being a bad game instead.

If anyone was going to gauge 3DS ports based on Code of Pricess, a game that didn't even do well on its' original platform, they are fooking morons.
I'd buy like ten thousand copies of Theatrhythm on Steam. Put all the The World Ends With You soundtrack as DLC and I'll pay.

Arthea

language!

you do understand that I was talking about steam community attitude towards hh games (and iOS games) ports, not about success of this particular game, don't you?

Red Hood

Banned
How do you get the fancy blue trading buttons on Steam for your home profile? I know how to get the trading links, but I want the blue button. Google wasn't very helpful. Anyone who knows?

So if I get the "steam mobile authenticator" can I sell cards again? I have like 3000+ waiting to be idled but now i have to wait 15 days before they get posted...

Is that faster than enhaced steam quick sell? Unless that was included into the mobile client, haven't messed with it much.

quick sell still requires that you go to your phone to confirm the items so i dunno. Maybe just post all of the cards you want to sell via the PC then do all the confirmations at once on the phone?

Also, DS3 question: How does it treat backstabs and parry/ripostes? I hated how DS2 handled those things compared to the first 2 souls games.

Grief.exe

Surprised From hasn't included native DS4 support in Dark Souls 3 considering their close ties with Sony.

It's possible they aren't aware of their popularity on PC.

Surprised From hasn't included native DS4 support in Dark Souls 3 considering their close ties with Sony.

It's possible they aren't aware of their popularity on PC.
maybe it's because they had a marketing deal with MS? ::shrugs::

Of course occam's razor just suggests that they're lazy and didn't really care

Saty

RUINER is a brutal action shooter set in the year 2091 in the cyber metropolis Rengkok. A wired sociopath lashes out against a corrupt system to uncover the truth and retrieve his kidnapped brother under the guidance of a secretive hacker friend
Is this going to be banned like HATRED was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom