• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
So close to finishing the game :>
Then i'll hunt down some pyromancies I left out and rings to get those cheevos.

i feel like i've missed a ton of stuff

like a ridiculous amount

specially cos like, you can't get invaded by npc phantoms in "hollow" form like you could in dks2, so there's a lot of items missing that require you defeating their phantoms first, or whatever

i've mixed feelings in general about dks3. i think things like npc dialogue not updating when you defeat bosses is like such a massive disappointment, specially since majula/the nexus/firelink shrine used to be really shifting places where everyone had new dialogue all the time and they had little stories and events happen to them. in dks1 i don't think anyone that passes through firelink shrine doesn't have a side quest related to them, even if it's just "exhaust all the dialogue, buy all the items, go kill them when they went hollow somewhere"

this by comparison i have a sorcerer guy repeat the same line about how i promised to get him scrolls for the entire fucking game

it's like, cmon from

you're better than this

21.06 - M̱̱᷉i̱̱͚̱̚s̱̞̱ṯ̱̓e̱͏̱ṟ̫̱Glitch: » New Gleam Reward: 0 x Project Starship - 6 of 8 actions required - Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/454890/ - https://gleam.io/3Pyro/project-starship - Source: https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791438118229/announcements/detail/597100811945958287

Another free game

Damn, I had one more action to go when it ended.

Eila

Shadownet just added me and got me a replacement gift for some giveaway of his that I won like... two years ago?
That was pretty random... but nice. :0

It was Danganronpa 1

Hey the game is pretty cool. I'm playing it right now.
Although I can't put Rocket League down. Already have 3 hours of playtime. Damnit.

I felt weird not investing in a single bit of magic in DS2. Just went with a shield and sword knight who fucked around and got himself a kingdom lol

Not a problem at all. That's usually how I roll with my first character since it basically eliminates the need to spend points in like 4 categories.

You can always respec and go magic/faith if you feel the need, but I generally feel that sword/shield is the 'easier' way to play the game.

whats weird about that?
Not a problem at all. That's usually how I roll with my first character since it basically eliminates the need to spend points in like 4 categories.

You can always respec and go magic/faith if you feel the need, but I generally feel that sword/shield is the 'easier' way to play the game.
i dunno, it felt weird to not even invest in pyromancy after having some magic stuff in both dark 1 and demon's. I just had a whole slot on my screen empty the whole time, like the game was telling me that I wasn't playing it right or something.

It was kind of a pain to not have any sort of decent long range magic. Arrows stink

Arthea

Ok guys, you were right, Rocket League is fun.

Aside from that, is it something wrong with my controller, or your car is supposed to become uncontrollable under certain circumstances, after being battered hard for example?

i dunno, it felt weird to not even invest in pyromancy after having some magic stuff in both dark 1 and demon's. I just had a whole slot on my screen empty the whole time, like the game was telling me that I wasn't playing it right or something.

It was kind of a pain to not have any sort of decent long range magic. Arrows stink

Arrows are baller and get me through most of the game. Being able to snipe out groups of enemies without fear of death is pretty clutch in the Souls series
because I'm a bitch

Can we reboot 2016 please. What an awful year.

No shit, right? It's a bloodbath.

Uzzy

Got something good today.

p3hHvIn.jpg

Ludens

Banned
Oh, hey, The Dream Machine's final chapter is kindasorta almost here. I think it was 2010 when I originally bought the promise of a full game, back when it was only available as an embedded Flash file on the official website. The devs stopped handing out keys to existing owners after Chapter 4, but I'm sure I can find a few bucks to spare come release day.
Regarding this, I own and played all episodes, but Steam says 4 is missing while I have all five :S

zkylon

zkylewd
Arrows are baller and get me through most of the game. Being able to snipe out groups of enemies without fear of death is pretty clutch in the Souls series
because I'm a bitch
arrows are baller for sure

i go as back as demons souls and i still use arrows to turn mob rooms into a series of 1v1, it's just basic strategy from the game

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Regarding this, I own and played all episodes, but Steam says 4 is missing while I have all five :S

The store page for 4 is tied to app 93304 rather than 94304.

Edit: I've informed Cockroach about this. Hilariously, I said 93404 instead of 94304, so I immediately had to correct myself.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm not entirely sure how to break this to you... but millions of people die every year, there are no good years in that sense, or months, or days. That's people for you.

Yeah, no shit.

But a ton of celebrities dying who I loved, my Gran dying only two weeks ago. It's been a fucking terrible year and it's only April ffs

zkylon

zkylewd
it's a thing i really about dark souls, the freedom you have to do things as you want

is this mob enemy section giving you trouble? just pull enemies one by one with arrows to make things easier. you don't like this boss? no biggie, just summon a sunbro. is this section too hard right now? ok here's three other places for you to go. is the game too easy? just don't level up!

i feel dks3 regressed a bit in that respect cos they removed the covenant of champions for people that found the main game too easy, and they made respecs less accessible, and also because the game in general is a lot more gated than the previous games, but like, the dancer was giving me trouble last night and i just went to the smouldering lake and killed the boss there and progressed through an entirely different dungeon and that stuff is fantastic

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
When I plug a HDMI from my PC into my TV the screen seems to be cut off slightly at the bottom? Not sure how to sync it correctly? Considering a steam link tbh

If you're gonna cheese with arrows or magic you might as well summon two phantoms to play the game for you am I right. Get good!

Dark Souls is inherently about survive and advance. I cheesed the beginning the of the with firebombs before getting more comfortable. I've done enough co-oping so far to know that 2 sun bros isn't insta-victory. The game still can and will take you to pound town whenever it feels like.

and it's 'git gud' :p

yup Rogue Legacy was my GOTY the year it came out, absolutely loved it

Not as good as RAGE though.

Vuze

Is there any mod that replaces the Danganronpa font with a higher resolution one? It looks really blurry :/
I remember Bernardo posted some modding pics around release and I found the tools but no actual mod. Might just do it myself if it's feasible without too much fiddling. Game seems promising apart from that!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Whats the point of foil cards/badges? They seem no different from regular

Rarity. Rarity is the point. There's more of a distinction during the Summer and Winter Sales, though (e.g. more item drops from a foil badge than a regular one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom