• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll go by much faster. I actually did the areas in reverse so I thought that that area was the only poison area until I got to the Black Gulch later in my playthrough.

Also, fuck 2016 for taking Prince

I don't pay much attention to any order, I'm playing the game blind pretty much. For example, I'm lvl 80 and today I did the skeleton chariot and the skeleton kings area. Clearly the devs assumed i would have tackled this area much earlier cause i was destroying everything. using a +10 longsword

I don't pay much attention to any order, I'm playing the game blind pretty much. For example, I'm lvl 80 and today I did the skeleton chariot and the skeleton kings area. Clearly the devs assumed i would have tackled this area much earlier cause i was destroying everything. using a +10 longsword

yeah, i only looked at a guide whenever i just got stuck, which was 2-3 times. So yeah, i hear ya

Arthea

You mean being rammed/shoved? That's intentional and would happen even if you were playing basketball. Physics and other stuff.

no, I mean after, let's say I was launched in a year and I slowly float upside down while time goes on. On second thought maybe I just perceive it as taking too much time to regain control as a game is so fast.

I also need this game, it's clear to me, any 4 packs for cheap and no region locked?

yup Rogue Legacy was my GOTY the year it came out, absolutely loved it

honestly, Rogue Legacy has nothing on Rocket League, nothing! I became true believer that Rocket League would have been in my goty list if I bought it in time, while legacy? no chances.

Whats the point of foil cards/badges? They seem no different from regular

no point, really, most aren't even that cool for rarity of those foils, they totally should be and give more xp too, but that would make too much sense, I guess.

Arthea

In June? that's too soon!

Rarity. Rarity is the point. There's more of a distinction during the Summer and Winter Sales, though (e.g. more item drops from a foil badge than a regular one).

Jasec, what are you talking about? no difference between sales foil badge and regular drops lately.

Nzyme32

Bit coin beats Aus $

CgluQbyVEAEvLjT.jpg

Shahadan

I don't think I'll bother finishing DS3. I'm kinda bored with the formula.
Doesn't help that there are still the same bugs and mind boggling design decisions since 1.

Had a mostly good time though, between crashes.

Salsa

I don't think I'll bother finishing DS3. I'm kinda bored with the formula.
Doesn't help that there are still the same bugs and mind boggling design decisions since 1.

Had a mostly good time though, between crashes.

I dont know if I agree

the reason I didnt finish 1 was because of some of those decisions + the awful port

it was like force-playing through something terrible to get the goods

now it's just the goods, cause it does feel refined. like a Best Of, that even includes Bloodborne

those "baffling" design decision now just feel like a staple, and they're hella japanese so im not surprised

if I dont finish the game it's gonna be cause its constantly BSODing and I cant figure out why

Knurek

I need to 'upgrade' my SSD (read: give it to my wife's computer)...
Are 850 EVO good choice? Any other 0.5 TB SATA drives that are worth the money?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and done.

w4jxJjF.png

When I took some time off work I saw myself playing Dark Souls 3 for 50 hours or so (which I did), I did not however see me play Mad MAx of all games for over 40 hours. And you know what? Its great. Its a super well made videogame. Looks beautiful, runs amazing (never dropped from 60 even on those ridiculous storms, except when it autoaved...Dark Souls 3 had the same problem, stupid auto saves. Might be my HDD tho), gameplay is fun and both the driving and the fighting feel great, really impactful. Sound design is amazing (barely any music but alot of music and sound cues very much like a movie), everything sounds super nasty from the engines to the impact sounds (I never got tired of kicking down a door to open it, so satisfying), story is ok-ish with some colorful characters (Chumbucket best new character of 2016) and a great ending (something games usually fail at as we know), just a overall very well made, very satisfying package.

If you are not into the whole side stuff collectathon, you can still get a meaty 8 hours or so I'd imagine for the main story only. One of the easiest recomendations in ages, especially at the prices it usually goes for.

edit: surprised theres no season pass for it, guess there's no DLC planned, which is a shame as I would deffinately play more of it (you even get a couple of upgrades for finishing the game you cant get otherwise)

Man, Funstock is terrible. Ordered DS3 a couple hours ago, it's stuck on hold for "internal processing". They sent an email that says:

Thank you for ordering Dark Souls III - Your order is now with our team for internal-processing.

These additional security checks are to protect you from potential online fraud. We are actively working to reduce the amount of time these checks take to complete.

We endeavour to complete these checks as quickly as possible depending on order volumes and the time the order was placed.

I think they do it manually, and it's past 9-5 hours in the UK, so I'm not getting it until tomorrow at the earliest. What a weird way of doing business. I've already ordered from them once before (pre-ordered Fallout 4), so I'm not sure why they'd need to verify my account for fraud. Are they sending codes out manually or something?

Momentary

Banned
I need to 'upgrade' my SSD (read: give it to my wife's computer)...
Are 850 EVO good choice? Any other 0.5 TB SATA drives that are worth the money?

I love my EVO. I have a 500GB m.2 stick in my laptop. I've got a NVME PCI-E stick of 256GB waiting for my Pascal build. I bought it thinking my laptop would be able to use it, but I was wrong.

Saty

and done.

w4jxJjF.png

When I took some time off work I saw myself playing Dark Souls 3 for 50 hours or so (which I did), I did not however see me play Mad MAx of all games for over 40 hours. And you know what? Its great. Its a super well made videogame. Looks beautiful, runs amazing (never dropped from 60 even on those ridiculous storms, except when it autoaved...Dark Souls 3 had the same problem, stupid auto saves. Might be my HDD tho), gameplay is fun and both the driving and the fighting feel great, really impactful. Sound design is amazing (barely any music but alot of music and sound cues very much like a movie), everything sounds super nasty from the engines to the impact sounds (I never got tired of kicking down a door to open it, so satisfying), story is ok-ish with some colorful characters (Chumbucket best new character of 2016) and a great ending (something games usually fail at as we know), just a overall very well made, very satisfying package.

If you are not into the whole side stuff collectathon, you can still get a meaty 8 hours or so I'd imagine for the main story only. One of the easiest recomendations in ages, especially at the prices it usually goes for.

edit: surprised theres no season pass for it, guess there's no DLC planned, which is a shame as I would deffinately play more of it (you even get a couple of upgrades for finishing the game you cant get otherwise)
Looking forward to playing it after ds2 :) gonna have flamethrowers all over my ride

I also posted that in the "Why are PC-versions of japanese games not announced simultaneously?" thread, but why are these versions always announced shortly before the release on a console?

I mean we had evidence enough that the game is coming to Steam since last year, so why not just make it official then? Do people think "Oh. The customer bought the Vita version. He will buy the same game 2 months later again!"?

Uzzy

I also posted that in the "Why are PC-versions of japanese games not announced simultaneously?" thread, but why are these versions always announced shortly before the release on a console?

I mean we had evidence enough that the game is coming to Steam since last year, so why not just make it official then? Do people think "Oh. The customer bought the Vita version. He will buy the same game 2 months later again!"?

I imagine the number of people who double dip is higher for games which don't have an announced PC port than games that do.

I imagine the number of people who double dip is higher for games which don't have an announced PC port than games that do.

Wouldnt it be more safe to announce the Steamport after the release? I mean the release of the Xbox 360 version is tomorrow and the Vita version in a few days.

Jawmuncher

Wouldnt it be more safe to announce the Steamport after the release? I mean the release of the Xbox 360 version is tomorrow and the Vita version in a few days.

I know the specs sucks, but it's the xbox one. Wait it's actually coming to Xbox 360?
What in the hell. Didn't expect that. Gonna sell at most a few hundred copies.

holy shit the medusa fight in dark souls 2 is complete fucking bs, a fucking pool of poison ._. fuck whoever thought that fight was fair. thank god i beat her on my first try, took all my medium lifegems, good thing i had an npc summon to distract while i equiped the small lifegems.

Lomax

Same. Unapologetically love that game.

The backlash to it blows my mind.

My only backlash against Rogue Legacy was those awful bosses they added that went against the entire design principle of the game. I was close to 100% achievements when they put them in, tried them each a few times, quit, uninstalled, and never went back.

hesho

wow.. NISA is bringing another game to steam in june (Stranger of sword city).... i guess disgaea sold well enough for that?

holy shit the medusa fight in dark souls 2 is complete fucking bs, a fucking pool of poison ._. fuck whoever thought that fight was fair. thank god i beat her on my first try, took all my medium lifegems, good thing i had an npc summon to distract while i equiped the small lifegems.
What if I told you you could have removed the poison from the boss room?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

you are supposed to stop the poison production during the level and thus, no poison in the room!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom