• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started playing Rocket League. Played the basic and advanced tutorial, jumped into a game and I suck! Scored once though, that was cool.

Match making is also a bit weird. I'm a rookie, but it put me in a team with semi-pros. Pings are also quite high, but that's expected considering. Going to make some teams with some local guys, hopefully that will improve things there.

I need more skill though. How do I git gud?

Started playing Rocket League. Played the basic and advanced tutorial, jumped into a game and I suck! Scored once though, that was cool.

Match making is also a bit weird. I'm a rookie, but it put me in a team with semi-pros. Pings are also quite high, but that's expected considering. Going to make some teams with some local guys, hopefully that will improve things there.

You can choose which servers you want to search for games on. Try deselecting servers that aren't in your region and see if your pings improve. I think by default it uses all of them.

Mikurden

Oh, hey, The Dream Machine's final chapter is kindasorta almost here. I think it was 2010 when I originally bought the promise of a full game, back when it was only available as an embedded Flash file on the official website. The devs stopped handing out keys to existing owners after Chapter 4, but I'm sure I can find a few bucks to spare come release day.

Regarding this, I own and played all episodes, but Steam says 4 is missing while I have all five :S

The store page for 4 is tied to app 93304 rather than 94304.

Edit: I've informed Cockroach about this. Hilariously, I said 93404 instead of 94304, so I immediately had to correct myself.
Wait, is that what's going on here or is it just a bit of a coincidence that the app #s for 1&2 and 3 (and then possibly 4) suggest this? The #s for 5 and 6 are totally different and thus don't follow this pattern (like 4 as it is now), presumably because they all came out at different times, unlike the first 3 chapters. Then again, I do get an error trying to wishlist 4 (no such problem for 5 and 6).

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Yeah I need this.

11234000-1564358641794411.jpg

Looks more like Killer Croc from Suicide Squad.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
kinda regreting not buying Battlefleet Gothic on GMG when the preorder discount was up tbh :/

Grief.exe

holy shit the medusa fight in dark souls 2 is complete fucking bs, a fucking pool of poison ._. fuck whoever thought that fight was fair. thank god i beat her on my first try, took all my medium lifegems, good thing i had an npc summon to distract while i equiped the small lifegems.

If I remember correctly, you burn the windmill to remove the poison from the room. Props for beating the encounter without doing it.

Dragon's Dogma screenshots I just got around to uploading. Downsampled from 1440p, Rudy ENB.

Teppic

Is that the one with the spinning coin .gif that's red on one side and blue on the other?
Yepp. And some others. They're kind of useless as you can only buy Groupees bundles with them and you don't get change back on them. Unless there's a good expensive bundle my jonny coins aren't worth much desipte being "worth" 14.15 each.

Jawmuncher

If I remember correctly, you burn the windmill to remove the poison from the room. Props for beating the encounter without doing it.

Dragon's Dogma screenshots I just got around to uploading, downsampled from 1440p.

I still think DD on PC is much like RE5 and RE4 on PC. We get it first and the consoles will get it later. Though I doubt either could handle the game at 4K and locked 60FPS.
Because that looks damn good.

holy shit the medusa fight in dark souls 2 is complete fucking bs, a fucking pool of poison ._. fuck whoever thought that fight was fair. thank god i beat her on my first try, took all my medium lifegems, good thing i had an npc summon to distract while i equiped the small lifegems.
There's a very non-obvious way of turning that boss from frustrating cheap to easy-peasy by setting the windmill on the opposite side of the boss on fire.
Do a couple runs at the boss as a summon. You'll likely gonna end up in such a world and see how it changes the flow from frantic health management.
Dragon's Dogma screenshots I just got around to uploading. Downsampled from 1440p, Rudy ENB.
Looks nice.
The gesture phantoms are the best addition to Dark Souls 3.

IAaMBow.jpg
Ha! Why not take a screenshot? Ought to be easier than pulling the phone out ;)
And yes, I like that feature.

Sarcasm

Did they update the textures in the game? I had to reformat and I haven't gone back as I forgot what I was doing in a middle of a quest lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
decided to give the long overdue second shot at Bastion after playing it for a few hours years ago. I restarted because I dont remember anything. Is the movement always this sluggish or do you upgrade your movement speed at least?

its the only thing im not liking so far

Jawmuncher

decided to give the long overdue second shot at Bastion after playing it for a few hours years ago. I restarted because I dont remember anything. Is the movement always this sluggish or do you upgrade your movement speed at least?

Are you using a controller? The game no matter what controller I try to use doesn't move.

Nzyme32

Bought Stephen's Sausage Roll. It's damn good, in that painful suicidal brain melting puzzles kind of way that I find oh so addictive - then I realised how truely addicted I get to those games and that now is not the time for me to be obsessing over such a game.... so I decided to get a refund and buy it next month. God bless refunds. May well have saved me!

I will be doing the same. I gave up after I stopped playing for a while and wanted to start over but then didn't want to drudge through it. Now enough time has passed for me to forget the game, it's a good time to give it another shot along with Transistor prior to the new game coming out

I never get the fascination with Pop Vinyls. Then again I feel the same way about Amiibo

Amiibos I kinda get, and they make me kinda glad that I only have the original 3DS (I'd be too tempted otherwise) but I'm with you on the Funko Pop things. Most of them have those beady eyes that make it look like they're heavily medicated or they're in a Bastille video...kinda creepy.

Rhaknar

really enjoying Bastion a lot now that im getting used to the slow-ish movement speed. Super Giant Games games on paper are games I should love but neither grabbed me at their respective times. Lets see this time, so far im super into it

AHA-Lambda

Yeah, it's not the best looking vinyl pop but I'm really in a Dark Souls mood, so :p

On the other hand though, I seriously think the Alien figure is actually really good :)

1fun3143-alien-pop_-vinyl-figure_3.png

Back on topic, beaten Yhorm in DS3. Kind of a pointless boss?
It's weird, so far anyway only 2 bosses have really given me any bother so far, and it doesn't look like I've got that much left to do before the endgame.

Mikurden

I never get the fascination with Pop Vinyls. Then again I feel the same way about Amiibo

Amiibo at least aren't so deformed.
Well, they're like bobbleheads (without the bobble), which have long had collector appeal. My main "problem" with them is that there are figures for damn near every pop culture property there is, so if I started buying them, when would I stop?
Just say no.

Soulflarz

Banned

Semi pro is a very low rank in RL
it goes
rookie->semi pro->pro->otherszzz

as for getting good?
X___X
A write up on how to get good at RL could honestly take over 20,000 characters.

Sarcasm

Oooh Rocket League free weekend!

Connecting to SEA, yay have servers near me! 296 ping dammmnnitt >.<

Scored once and won though.

Shame I can't buy this even though its the equivalent of 8 USD here >.>

Rhaknar

spares before fucking off to bed

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Sparkle 3 Genesis -- MB-DB6D6BCFE9202116 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH
Millie -- MB-7D2F22E9AF4F568E - Taken by fuzzy123
Merchants of Kaidan -- MB-8845CEE8BC8BDE38 - Taken by neonglow
Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-FB99EE16992B9CB3 - Taken by UnderWaterTree
Violett Remastered -- MB-9D00FFE7643B7708 - Taken by texhnolyze

Doomedfool

Well, they're like bobbleheads (without the bobble), which have long had collector appeal. My main "problem" with them is that there are figures for damn near every pop culture property there is, so if I started buying them, when would I stop?
Just say no.

Hell, some of them do have bobbleheads. I have a small collection and at least two of them have it. Considering all the hate for that Dark Souls pop (which I think looks cool :p ), I probably shouldn't have admitted that.

god damn it took me forever to beat the smelter demon, i actually found real players in this area too, and some cunt invaded me which made me lose 50k souls i had at the boss area :(

you are supposed to stop the poison production during the level and thus, no poison in the room!

There's a very non-obvious way of turning that boss from frustrating cheap to easy-peasy by setting the windmill on the opposite side of the boss on fire.
Do a couple runs at the boss as a summon. You'll likely gonna end up in such a world and see how it changes the flow from frantic health management.
well that would have been nice to know beforehand but w/e, at least i finished it in my first attempt.

DasFool

This is some bullshit. Rocket League is free this weekend and I can't even play it:

90f1fe3.png

9151c00.png

Valve, fix this. The shared library feature was already nonsense, but this takes it to a new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom