• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

I can finally say I own the Cthullu game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bastion starts to get really hard with all those modifiers turned on >_>

They're supposed to be Bastions' difficulty settings.

To me, it's the absolute best way to do difficulty settings.

There's something enticing and meaningful gained from playing it with harder AI and handicapping yourself.

EDIT:

I'm guessing we already know about I Am Setsuna coming to Steam?

Supposedly, it's a callback to the golden age of Square's RPGS.

I wanted to get rid of "No Time To Explain Remastered" off my account, as I would never willingly play it, but, it would also get rid of Speedrunners. I knew I got it because of Speedrunners but, ugh.

r3n4ud

Stuffs

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hack, Slash, Loot -- MB-D8F3C2DE8C8740F0 - Taken by Purkake4
DAMAGE CONTROL -- MB-7FDE2161A0304AAB - Taken by Sarcasm
Death Ray Manta -- MB-25EFDB7188E878DD - Taken by madjoki
Princess.Loot.Pixel.Again -- MB-DEEE7F20394ABAE7 - Taken by Cth
To Ash -- MB-59C8455466F283D4 - Taken by voodooray

-----

n2vvhlB.png

Uhumm...I would like to thank my job for the wonderful pay to allow me to buy games, all the bundle sites out there (you know who you are), my kids who enjoy buying games - in which Rhaknar laughs at me for playing, and lastly my parents. Thanks for the copulation all them years ago. Without that moment happening, I wouldn't be here to reach 4000.

Oh, and to honor my parents..As my 4000th game, I bought Stephen's Sausage Roll

This is persona we're talking about.
They release the base version THEN they release the better version.

Persona 5 Crimson
FES was an epilogue game and P3P and P4G were just to get games on that platform to. Unless they do it for story reasons don't reasonably expect that there will be some enhanced version just because, especially how this development has been.

Jawmuncher

I recall Kagamin said this game isn't worth playing and should be avoided.

That OCD. Just look at it like having your own library. You'd never read all those books, but they're nice to have. Just in case.
Well I wasn't a fan of God Eater Burst so I can't speak well of that game anyway.

I don't buy books I won't read, Jaw.

That OCD. Just look at it like having your own library. You'd never read all those books, but they're nice to have. Just in case.

I don't buy books i wont read or movies I wont see, i'm applying those sensibilities to games now too so even if something is 2 hrs long I don't want it because it's a burden.

It's the reason i've been much more selective with my PS+ and GwG games. I only added one game out of like the 10 total games offered on those services last month for example because those "free" games were really bothering me.

I know, it's not exactly reasonable but it's who i am

fantomena

Back from the dead.

Recap:

- Im SUUUUUUUPER hyped for GoT.
- For the first time ever I finsihed a Soulsborne game before release. Finished DS3 first time 25th march and it was pretty weird not be able to go online to check where to go If I was stuck. It was also suprisingly easy game.
- Been working for my exams.

Just hide the game in your library. Then it's like it's not there.
I still see it on my all games list.

You didn't buy it though. It's like your friend giving you a game. Would you just throw that away?

Heartless
It's not the same. I got Speedrunners and accepted Speedrunners as a gift, then this shows up.

It's like buying g a Christopher Nolan collection of Batman movies and it comes with Batman and Robin, just because.

Jawmuncher

If it's free you shouldn't count it as part of your backlog. Sure you might pay for GWG or PS+ but you aren't in control of what they add. Unless they actually do add something you were about to buy. A game you didn't flat out buy shouldn't bother you that much.

It'd be different if we were taking buying a bunch of 10-60 dollar games you never play. Priority should always be what you actually spent money on. PS+ and GWG are just random bonuses to the pot.

It's not the same. I got Speedrunners and accepted Speedrunners as a gift, then this shows up.

It's like buying g a Christopher Nolan collection of Batman movies and it comes with Batman and Robin, just because.

Batman and Robin is good though. Arnold as the Mr. Freeze? Classic.

mp1990

Banned
To me, it's the absolute best way to do difficulty settings.

There's something enticing and meaningful gained from playing it with harder AI and handicapping yourself.
I loved how you could fiddle with the game's difficulty by turning these enhancements on and off in Transistor, but weirdly enough the same mechanic didn't do nothing for me in Bastion. Whenever I tried to activate some of the idols, the difficulty would ramp to a point where it just felt awfully frustrating, while in Transistor, even though it wasn't anywhere near easy, at least I had a chance in combat. That might be just me being terrible at Transistor though, lol.

Deitus

I don't buy books i wont read or movies I wont see, i'm applying those sensibilities to games now too so even if something is 2 hrs long I don't want it because it's a burden.

It's the reason i've been much more selective with my PS+ and GwG games. I only added one game out of like the 10 total games offered on those services last month for example because those "free" games were really bothering me.

I know, it's not exactly reasonable but it's who i am

I don't buy bundles of games I don't want either, or generally add free games to my library that I have no intention of ever playing. But I don't see how it's a burden. For books and movies it makes sense, because they take up physical space in the place where you live, space that can be used for things you actually care about.

But for Steam games, you can hide them from your library and never have to think about them again. I think it's a smart way to live to not needlessly collect a bunch of crap that you don't actually want (unless you are actually a collector and having a large collection is important to you). But I don't see the point of getting bent out of shape about having something in your library that you don't intend to use, when it doesn't have any negative impact at all. It doesn't even clutter up your library if you hide it.

And?

I don't even look at the Games List view unless I'm trying to check hours played on games, at which point all the games I haven't played are at the bottom. If I'm actually trying to pick a game to play, I just look at the library view, and hidden games are out of sight out of mind.

I don't buy bundles of games I don't want either, or generally add free games to my library that I have no intention of ever playing. But I don't see how it's a burden. For books and movies it makes sense, because they take up physical space in the place where you live, space that can be used for things you actually care about.

But for Steam games, you can hide them from your library and never have to think about them again. I think it's a smart way to live to not needlessly collect a bunch of crap that you don't actually want (unless you are actually a collector and having a large collection is important to you). But I don't see the point of getting bent out of shape about having something in your library that you don't intend to use, when it doesn't have any negative impact at all. It doesn't even clutter up your library if you hide it.
It wouldn't hide the game from your actual games page. That is what I am getting at. I don't even like having games in that list that I won't pay. Call it OCD or whatever sure.

Library isn't even what I am talking about.

EDIT: And nothing. That was my point.

Ucchedavāda;201625754 said:
In case anyone didn't see this thread, and have been wanting to grab one of the older Dark Souls due to all the DS3 talk (like me), you can currently get DS:ptDE and DS2:SotFS for €5.1 and €12.3, respectively, by using the coupon code APR-COUPMAIL-HOT20 for an additional 20% off the current sale at Funstock Digital.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
Thanks for the info, I'll notify my friends.
Oh shit!

I did say I wasn't being reasonable. Even hiding games still bothers me because they appear in All Games and I pretty much know what I have hidden so it defeats the purpose.

Back in the day, when this would happen with physical games, I would get up to a point of backlog anxiety that I would take a huge pile to gamestop or sell a lot on ebay and the purge would be a relief. problem is that with digital that option doesn't exist. I guess I can have the games removed but that process doesn't even compensate me for my games which physical used to so i feel like an idiot just losing a game and getting nothing in return.

meh.

And?

I don't even look at the Games List view unless I'm trying to check hours played on games, at which point all the games I haven't played are at the bottom. If I'm actually trying to pick a game to play, I just look at the library view, and hidden games are out of sight out of mind.

no need for this type of reply brah. If you don't suffer from that anxiety then fine, more power to you but some do. Show some empathy or something but cmon now, that's not the attitude to have

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Stuffs

-----

n2vvhlB.png

Uhumm...I would like to thank my job for the wonderful pay to allow me to buy games, all the bundle sites out there (you know who you are), my kids who enjoy buying games - in which Rhaknar laughs at me for playing, and lastly my parents. Thanks for the copulation all them years ago. Without that moment happening, I wouldn't be here to reach 4000.

Oh, and to honor my parents..As my 4000th game, I bought Stephen's Sausage Roll

I dont laugh at you playing hidden objects games anymore. Now I judge you for making your kids play them instead of actual videogames. What kind of a parent are you? Shame!

Rhaknar

word out of Pax is that Ruiner (that game someone linked a couple of days ago) is very good

Deitus

It wouldn't hide the game from your actual games page. That is what I am getting at. I don't even like having games in that list that I won't pay. Call it OCD or whatever sure.

Library isn't even what I am talking about.

EDIT: And nothing. That was my point.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to get on your case for how you curate your game collection. It just seems a step to far to me to consider getting rid of a game you actually want to play, just because it gave you another free game that you didn't want to play.

But you do you. I certainly understand the appeal of not hoarding garbage, I just have a different view on digital goods.

Also, even after reading your post, it is only just now that realized that I also had No Time to Explain added to my library as well.

no need for this type of reply brah. If you don't suffer from that anxiety then fine, more power to you but some do. Show some empathy or something but cmon now, that's not the attitude to have

Sorry, anxiety didn't even cross my mind. Foot, mouth, etc. I really wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad. I am not unfamiliar with anxiety, even if it doesn't manifest for me in the exact same way as it does for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom