• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grasshopper Manufacture remaking The Silver Case for PC in Unity 5
The Silver Case, released back in 1991 for the original PlayStation, was an adventure game that was described as being even too difficult for native Japanese users. Playism is working with Grasshopper Manufacture to ensure the translation is as close to the source as possible.

Some puzzles and sequences have to be modified to make them playable in English, like the encryption sequence that relied on how Japanese is presented in computer systems.

When asked whether or not Grasshopper Manufacture would develop a game in the future similar in tone and style to The Silver Case, Suda-san said it would be “very exciting” to work on a game similar in style, but with a more modest team.

r3n4ud

I dont laugh at you playing hidden objects games anymore. Now I judge you for making your kids play them instead of actual videogames. What kind of a parent are you? Shame!
lol

Nah man, they're the ones that want to play them. I sit there and help.

Sorry, anxiety didn't even cross my mind. Foot, mouth, etc. I really wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad. I am not unfamiliar with anxiety, even if it doesn't manifest for me in the exact same way as it does for you.

It's cool, anxiety can manifest itself in weird ways. I don't expect everyone to relate and your reaction wasn't the first time i've seen it. It's all good!

Parsnip

I've almost posted in the paid mods thread at least 6 times now, but at the last moment decided not to.

I should stop reading it.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to get on your case for how you curate your game collection. It just seems a step to far to me to consider getting rid of a game you actually want to play, just because it gave you another free game that you didn't want to play.

But you do you. I certainly understand the appeal of not hoarding garbage, I just have a different view on digital goods.

Also, even after reading your post, it is only just now that realized that I also had No Time to Explain added to my library as well.
It's fine, I totally understand why digital stuff it shouldn't matter as much. It is not taking up actual space so I understand where you are coming from. Just this isn't a game I signed up for and them putting it on my account really rubs me the wrong way. That and I am weird about my digital library for stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol

Nah man, they're the ones that want to play them. I sit there and help.

then I judge you for letting them play trash. whats next, mobile games?

they totally play mobile games dont they? God damn it dog doctor, you are killing me here

hmmm I'll have to check it out.

I've almost posted in the paid mods thread at least 6 times now, but at the last moment decided not to.

giphy.gif

Nzyme32

I gave up. Most people want to believe every mod will become paid, which is obviously silly and impossible to enforce. I do like the idea of curating a selection of mods that are of large enough scope and scale and warrant further development, such as with game modes. If those mods remain free but simply allow for a paid version that adds functionally cosmetic features to incentivise support / donation, and that money can go on to be used to further develop the mod for both free and paid users - I'd say that's a win

Nzyme32

Awesome! But what is it going to be?! Wonder how the others have been doing thus far

So, can someone explain this one a bit to me? I heard something about detectives and immediately put my Sherlock hat on. I'm down for all those kind of games

Momentary

Banned
CgqDbHwWwAAqGxx.jpg:large

Some new Koihime game from Degica? I don't know what that is. I had to do some digging to figure out the name. It looks like a visual novel.

The first thing that caught my eye though was that kid in the very back playing some DARIUSBURST on a 21:9 monitor.

Sarcasm

Question about Humble Monthly. Once you sub once it will stay sub'd til next month right? Early unlock thing is just a way to make you sub earlier, but if left alone you sub for next at some date correct?

Granjinha

12k in 3 days is decent. If they wanted to enjoy better sales, they should've released a lot earlier, or at least, on price parity. The game is more expensive that on Vita digitally.

Well, considering they hadn't launched anything on PC, pratically, it's not that simple. :p

Corpekata

Banned
Sometimes ya gotta realize the stuff you like is niche and relax. The developers and publishers are probably less worried than you are.

Nzyme32

They are doing fine.

And the game is DoDonPachi. Hopefully it's a DoDonPachi collection.

That would be awesome!!

I've actually never played any DoDonPachi games, but I have bought a bunch of the soundtracks for the games including the Arrange variants. Just can't get enough of Cave music!

Messiah

Damn. That actually looks pretty decent. And it looks like this is the first time it's been translated as well. Damn that's cool.

It is, the presentation is a bit rough but the fighting is solid. I didn't expect this to come to the west ever but I am glad it will!

Woah id post matches of it in the fg gaf thread
It gets a lot of play at game acho

Yeah, that's where I learned of the game.

I watched some gameplay footage of this and it looks pretty rough. Upscaled Vita version which was a port of a PSP game to begin with. Plus it comes out around the MHX port.

From what I've read there, almost everyone philosophically agrees that modders deserve to get paid for their work, but...

a) they don't want to pay
b) they don't want anyone else to have to pay
c) they don't want Valve or anyone else to set up systems which lets modders get paid

So, they're perfectly okay with modders being compensated as long it doesn't actually come to pass...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lost the little squid guy and the bird in the attack ;_;

shockdude

DoDonPachi, sweet! I had DDP Resurrection for Android, which was ok, but I really wanted to play it with something other than a touchscreen.

Knurek

Are they, though? 10k for Danganronpa 2 seems pretty bad.

Very decent numbers for VN.
Most of them never break 10k.
Look at Root Double data:

Root Double was the 15th highest selling video game in Japan during its launch week, with 5,450 copies sold. At the end of 2012, it was the 350th best selling video game of the year in Japan, with 6,599 copies sold. The PlayStation 3 version was the 392nd best selling video game of the year in Japan of 2013, with 2,567 copies sold.

Not every VN has to be Sakura or Nekopara-like event. :)

Very decent numbers for VN.
Most of them never break 10k.
Look at Root Double data:

Not every VN has to be Sakura or Nekopara-like event. :)

Yup, let's also remember that Steam copies sold brings more revenue to Spike Chunsoft than Vita copies, for the sole fact they're the publisher in West, as opposed to the Vita version being published by NIS.

Granjinha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom