• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Zombi on PS4 is such a piece of crap. I mean, the game is very interesting, but the game is so bugged I just get frustration out of it:

-I was playing as a girl, I quitted my game because I had stuff to do, I respawn as a dude with my inventory wiped out, including a rifle I found and never used and several medipak. I backtracked to the location where I quitted, but no survival around.
-there's a section in which I need to pass through water, and the character will raise the backpack up his head: well, he never put it off. There was a ladder nearby, can't interact with it. There were two zombies, I couldn't kill them because no weapons, I didn't manage to get away and they killed me.
-sometimes when I loot bodies I fall in the ground and my survivor dies disappearing into the floor.
-the game is pitch dark, I suppose this is a choice, but in some locations I barely see even by using a torch.
-if a zombie grabs you, no matter if you have full health, you are dead.
-if there are some zombies around you and you managed to take one down but it's not dead yet, by pushing R2 there's a 99% chance you will hit that single dude triggering an animation which lead you to die, because all surrounding zombies will attack and kill you.

Tizoc

Getting rid of some spares
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Highland Warriors -- MB-7012C19D21287253 - Taken by Sarcasm
DREAMSCAPES: THE SANDMAN -- MB-51B4B1814F9FBD06 - Taken by someguyinahat
Fairy Tale Mysteries 2: The Beanstalk -- MB-1E85AB3D93B8BB32 - Taken by derExperte

derExperte

Pinball FX2 - Aliens vs. Pinball - Out now

header.jpg

And thx Tizoc, haven't played a hidden objects adventure in ages, this seems to be a good one. Also easy to get all achievements, after slacking hard I feel the time has come to get to those 50% avg.

Just had my phone and other belongings robbed. How do I disable the Steam mobile authenticator and phone number from my account?

Damn :(

From steam's site:
If possible, you should contact your wireless service provider and get a replacement phone with the same phone number. Steam will be able to send SMS messages to your replacement phone, and you will be able to recover your account as described below.

If you no longer have access to your phone and don't have your recovery code, you'll need the assistance of Steam Support. Use the "Contact Steam Support" button at the top right of this page to get help removing your authenticator. If you don’t have access to the email address that is currently associated with your Steam Account please provide proof of account ownership within your ticket.

Lain

Just had my phone and other belongings robbed. How do I disable the Steam mobile authenticator and phone number from my account?

Man that sucks. Is there some way to track down the thief thanks to the phone? Would be cool if it was possible in real life and not just in TV shows and movies.

Deques

Man that sucks. Is there some way to track down the thief thanks to the phone? Would be cool if it was possible in real life and not just in TV shows and movies.

There are ways to track down a phone, but that requires tracking app installed and/or phone settings to be set.

Samsung phones should have built in tracking function, at least Galaxy S3 did have that. But I had to set a few settings to make that to work

There are ways to track down a phone, but that requires tracking app installed and/or phone settings to be set.

Samsung phones should have built in tracking function, at least Galaxy S3 did have that. But I had to set a few settings to make that to work

There is the Android Device Manager that is provided by Google but it's unable to contact my phone. Anyway, it was an old and realtively cheap Samsung phone, the worst was having my wallet also robbed with documents and cards inside.

I suspect someguyinahat might need some sort of Hidden Object intervention.

:p

It's not like I *BUY* them or anything.

Oh wait, there was that bundle once...

And I do play other games, including AAA stuff. It's just by the time I'm done playing those ones, everyone already knows about 'em so I don't post impressions.

Deques

Eastern European Summer Time. Where they use the sane date format.

So the image is from an European Xbox store, meaning that the date is 12th of February, meaning that the release info is not up to date.

I guess the rumor is broken then

edit: And the thread got closed

Saty

Digital Shelfspace: Four new storefronts for PC devs

What Boondogl, Utomik, Playfield and Startselect can offer that Steam can't

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-04-25-digital-shelfspace-four-new-storefronts-for-pc-devs

Boondogl - Browser-based using your local CPU & GPU
The service is entirely browser-based, technically working on any machine which runs a browser of almost any sort, consoles included. In fact, that's the marketing USP - combating fragmentation by providing a platform which is almost entirely platform agnostic.

The initial load will be somewhere between 5 and 30 seconds depending on the size of the title, I'm told. "Because it's a browser, the next time it will be cached, so pretty much instant. Once it's up and running it runs as if it's native, because it's using your local CPU and GPU. You forget it's running in the browser.
"We have a game that does cross-platform multiplayer, from a tablet to a desktop to a console, and we can also do cross-platform save data. We have level editors."
"What we think we're best for is back catalogue games, games that have already run their sales cycle on premium stores like Steam. Devs can then put their games up here and re-monetise them across other platforms."
Like a vast majority of on-demand services, Boondogl is going to be paying devs via what has become known as the 'Spotify model', specifically dividing between 70-80 per cent of all revenues per month between developers based on how many minutes their games have been played, favouring games with replay value and long campaigns.

Utomik - 'all you can eat' streaming subscription
Loaded via a dedicated app on PC, it's an 'all you can eat' subscription, with the monthly payment giving unlimited access to a storefront of games ranging from legacy catalogue titles from publishers like Paradox, Codemasters and SEGA to fresher indie games.
There's a short download, but generally you're running quickly enough on a decent connection, with Overlord II booting to menu for the first time in around 1 minute 45 seconds. Topps says that the time scales with connection, but is generally around 10-15 times faster than a regular install.
"The industry needs to adapt, it's so weird that such a young industry is so late to the game on subscription. I think it relates to the tech side, but it's also down to OnLive failing so miserably and Gaikai just getting saved by the bell, as all insiders know. So everybody was a bit defensive about subscriptions, but we got where we are today by being very persistent, being less focused on buying our way in. All the companies that tried got burned because they didn't really do their due diligence: they just had a big pile of money and marched in before realising that it looked very bad for their brand, that they looked like fools.
"So what happened with us is that everyone we signed up for the service tested it, and they saw that it does what it says on the tin, which is very new. The same goes for the gamers; they got fooled too many times. One of the key findings from our beta was the discovery - people loved playing games that they would otherwise not buy. We knew we couldn't go live without content, so to move forward we had to show the industry and gamers that it worked. We had a limited portfolio, growing every week, but we needed them on board. It's working, we're very happy. We have a market. It's smaller now, but as we grow the percentage of players who really dig it grows. We're giving the big boys much more confidence, they know it's not a charade."
Topps says that sidestepping both the grey market and the turbulent pricing of Steam sales has been a big plus when approaching developers. But Utomik also has an innovative approach to payment, eschewing the Spotify approach to distribute income based in individual player activity.
"One of the key innovations in our model is that we don't distribute the money by putting it all in one big pile. We do it on a per-user basis. We look at what each user does, where they spend their time. That's where their money should go. If a subscriber spends 90% of their time playing your game, you get 90% of their money. Other services put it all together and a few games get the majority of the money, but not because they're the best.

Playfield - Discovery-focused
Having experienced the sharp end of indie development, the core mission for Playfield is to help games with the increasingly brutal issue of discovery, combining a AAA download service with content delivery and aggregation to make sure gamers are fully up to date with well-targeted information.
"We're about the heavy users," says Kupiainen. "That's not about the core versus casual; it's about people who spend a lot of time and usually a lot of money playing games, because there are a few things they have in common, no matter what they play. They play a lot, spend a lot and consume a lot of gaming content

"Making that decision, 'Is this worth my time?' is getting harder and harder. So we look at a ton of different content sources, we have a big library of games, we know your social graph. We mash it all together, do a bunch of magical data science stuff and present you with the cool stuff in gaming today. Both games and content, it doesn't really matter. We want you to be coming back here every day and finding great new stuff. If you're coming back every day, there's always ways to monetise that."
"We're talking about algorithmic curation," he explains

"When you look at purchase data, playing behaviour, social graphs, what's interesting on YouTube, Reddit, Twitter, you come up with surprising and great recommendations. We don't try to replace these services and we're not focused on a single platform; we see ourselves as a hub."

Startselect - direct-download multiplatform
It's also the only service on the list to offer non-PC products, with Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Apple and Google all getting their own categories on the service home page. Currently, however, only the PC channel is really populated, with gift cards on sale for Xbox and Nintendo, and other platforms listed as "Coming Soon."
The broader thing in mind for our mission is to make it as easy as possible for any gamer, anywhere in the world, to access their game as easily as possible so that they have maximum time to play.

"There are several publishers that are still not on board that we've talked with, so we want to complete that portfolio on the publisher side and after that we will expand. At the end, we hope any developers can distribute their games through our service. That is what we will be focusing on for the rest of the year.
Startselect ethos is a refusal to engage in the dingy world of grey market codes and rapid discounting, with van Beek estimating that the industry loses €250 million to €400 million a year from the grey market alone. European manager Ferry Rovers agrees, adding that there's an educational element to responsible pricing which can make it something of an uphill battle.

"I think we need to educate the people about what they are actually buying, and make them aware that when you buy a game at launch for €30, it's not acceptable, it's not possible. It needs work on both ways. Either we have our high price point, but we will promote that with temporary deals, but on the other hand we need to make people aware that it's just not possible for a game to be that low price at launch."
We see that now, slowly, publishers are starting to recognize that we need to take back control of our digital market instead of just taking it for granted as nice extra money. Right now they are seeing that this is getting really, really big now. We need to get this back under control."

--

Again, more details on each on GI.BIZ

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-04-25-digital-shelfspace-four-new-storefronts-for-pc-devs

Lol. I mean, the game doesn't look so hard or complex to code, I wonder what's really going on behind the scenes.

They likely bit off more than they could chew between the crazy amount of platforms they're trying to support and whatever stupid ass MP stuff they're trying to incorporate into a damn mega man-like

Jawmuncher

CyberConnect2's Project Venom is shooting action game. PS4/Xbox One/Steam

Source: famitsu

I don't think I can post scans.
I'll just quote duckroll
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201604/26104259.html

FQLujUx.jpg

This week's Famitsu has a big feature on CyberConnect2's feature plans. They reveal that one of the projects they're working on is their first self-published title and they're aiming for a worldwide release on PS4/XB1/Steam. Details haven't been ironed down yet, but they think it will likely be a digital download title. It is not a big epic open world game. It's described as a shooting action game with inspiration from Nausicaa. The game will not be ready until next year.

Ludens

Banned
Ni-Oh is impossible. Dark Souls games are a piece of cake compared to Ni-Oh. Really, it's TOO difficult to be funny at the moment for me.

bbd23

I haven't been able to connect to steam all morning.

anyone else having issues?

I get stuck on connecting steam account pop up.

Ludens

Banned
Geti gudo-desu

You need to reach the Superman status here. Just imagine A Ninja Gaiden-like combat system mixed with Souls, this is Ni-Oh. I think I'm pretty good in DS games, I'm having my ass kicked out here so much.
Like, the very first enemy you encounter can insta-kill you with a simple attack.

Saty

Paradox Interactive will offer 15 per cent of its stock in an IPO on Sweden's Nasdaq First North Premier stock exchange. The first day of trading is expected to be May 31, 2016.

The Swedish company described the IPO as "a logical and important next step" in its development, but stressed that its stock offering will be made specifically to, "Paradox employees, fans, and the general public in Sweden." In a statement released yesterday, Paradox chairman Håkan Sjunnesson stressed that the company's catalogue of established hits leaves it with, "no need for additional capital."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...er-15-per-cent-of-its-stock-in-ipo-next-month

Arthea

I recall some people were really disappointed about missing out on Rocket League's weekend deal...BundleStars has your back:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game...medium=social&utm_campaign=deals rocketleague

no, it hasn't, the same as with steam deal you need 4 people and for that it has to be hosted by someone in a cheaper region and that proved to be impossible with that steam deal, I don't see how it can be had with this deal.
I think most people that wanted it, have it already, many got with that controller preorder, so those that are left are few and far between and in wrong regions too, or so it would seem.

BTW, what's the price for Canadians on bundlestars?

AHA-Lambda

You need to reach the Superman status here. Just imagine A Ninja Gaiden-like combat system mixed with Souls, this is Ni-Oh. I think I'm pretty good in DS games, I'm having my ass kicked out here so much.
Like, the very first enemy you encounter can insta-kill you with a simple attack.

Ouch :-/
Will need to give it a try later on

Is it down to different controls and mechanics being used that you're not used to yet or is it just really fucking hard?

MUnited83

For you.
no, it hasn't, the same as with steam deal you need 4 people and for that it has to be hosted by someone in a cheaper region and that proved to be impossible with that steam deal, I don't see how it can be had with this deal.
I think most people that wanted it, have it already, many got with that controller preorder, so those that are left are few and far between and in wrong regions too, or so it would seem.

BTW, what's the price for Canadians on bundlestars?

You don't need to be in the right country to get Canada price on bundlestars. Just use a VPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom