• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

New klei game!

ss_b93f5638d9d3cd63959782c7152d1e2864bb045a.600x338.jpg

Teggy

My honest suggestion would be to put Demon's down for right now and play Dark Souls, if you have access to it.

I actually have Demon's Souls (PS+), Dark Souls (cheap on Steam sale), Dark Souls II (gift through Steam from friend), and Bloodborne (bought on release for some stupid reason). It's a little silly given this is the first time I've played one of them long enough to kill a boss :)

Fallout 4 survival mode is live, Tree of Savior finally has a SEA server, Paragon beta weekend is starting shortly, and I'm still busy with Dark Souls.
Why don't they wait in line.. /otl

Nah, their store had lots of sales before without anything happening on Steam. And one could make the argument that a Steam sale would take attention away so it'd be dumb. That Duck Game free weekend makes me hope for an Adult Swim sale tho.

What a bummer.

In fact once i beat uc4 ima go play the 2014/1015 rambo game which i have a strong feeling will be anfar better shooty bang game than Uninteresting 4.

g7sPAyqo.jpg

Teggy

A lot of that nuance is just not explained, either. For instance, a common suggestion is to not
play the game in order, as in 1-1 then 1-2 then 1-3, so on. Instead, do 1-1, then do 2-1. Then do 3-1 and then choose between 4-1 or going back to 1-2.
This opens things up so much as you start to flesh out your character.

Do the mobs scale by area? Like, are 2-1 mobs harder than 1-1 mobs and so forth? Or is it more like -1 mobs are similar, -2 mobs are similar, etc.

Space Hulk Deathwing Gameplay Trailer - IGN Exclusive (Youtube video)

A bit let down since it looks less traditional singleplayer campaign but map based coop sadface

Yeah, I'd have loved to get a full singleplayer campaign. I don't like the bolter sounds (I think the Space Marine bolter sounds were way better) but the rest of the audiovisual design seems to be top notch. Too bad it's at least months away, going from the trailer's ending.

At least we have Battlefleet Gothic to entertain us with quality 40k goodness.

Red Hood

Banned
Guys, I need help choosing the next game I'm going to play. Any tips? Replay basically means games I've already played one - primarily on consoles - but it's been a while and it could be time to play through it again. And backlog, well, that's just backlog.

backlog_replaymnsnf.png

I've been thinking about playing either Pillars of Eternity or Wasteland 2, but I recently finished Shadowrun Returns and I don't know if I should leave isometric games for a while to avoid getting burnt. Or are they diverse and different enough? As for the replay, I was thinking of New Vegas.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Guys, I need help choosing the next game I'm going to play. Any tips? Replay basically means games I've already played one - primarily on consoles - but it's been a while and it could be time to play through it again. And backlog, well, that's just backlog.

I've been thinking about playing either Pillars of Eternity or Wasteland 2, but I recently finished Shadowrun Returns and I don't know if I should leave isometric games for a while to avoid getting burnt. Or are they diverse and different enough? As for the replay, I was thinking of New Vegas.

I see The Walking Dead in your backlog - time to correct that. Additionally, Oceanhorn is there and you should play that too. Both are great, and both are pretty short (about 5 hours each).

Anno

I would vote Pillars if you aren't averse to a game that just soaks a ton of hours. The combat and world seems like it should be enough to differentiate it from a SR game.

Anteater

Technically it's poop, but story was good. I kinda enjoyed it. It have it's moments. If you can stand jankyness and like GoT, who doesn't, you might wanna give it a try.

Looks good, but I think I remember that the game got a harsh negative feedbacks when it's released back then.

Maybe I'll keep my eye on it and see for myself later.

I liked it a lot. The plot is solid, the combat system is similar to Dragon Age.

hmm a more janky dragon age, sounds good! I'll give it a try

Knurek

Dust is great.
Greaaaat!

Alien Isolation is one of the best games I've played this year.

Annubis

I started Wasteland 2 and it's not that great =/
Terribly optimized, complete lack of narrative, dissonant tone, incoherent controls...
And that's with all the fixes of the DC. I can't imagine what it was like at release.

AHA-Lambda

the first website to give uc4 a 7 will be nuked from orbit and set ablaze.

Don't forget when in 6 months people start to realise that maybe said website had a point and everyone else was drinking the kool aid!

As someone who really likes Uncharted I'm surprised how apathetic I am feeling right now towards UC4 :/
I already know it's the 4th iteration of a formula but is on a shinier machine so of course it'll be "10/10 GOTF or else I'll cut you"

i didn't know that babies could make forum posts.

Slain! a videogame by shorts

Do the mobs scale by area? Like, are 2-1 mobs harder than 1-1 mobs and so forth? Or is it more like -1 mobs are similar, -2 mobs are similar, etc.

I believe the enemies get stronger in each subsequent area, so 2-2 is harder than 2-1 and 2-3 should be harder than 2-2, but 2-2's boss is notorious so that's not really true, in that scenario. While 3-1 will be easier than 1-2. Some of that is due to enemy placement. Some of it is due to weapons you'll get in those places that make things easier on you. Like a bow. And some arrows. Seriously. Those are killer early game for giving you chance at creating your own even fights.

Some people say to just go through and do the -1 of each world, and then go in on the -2. Usually, by then, you'll have a good handle on the game and have the tools you need so that you can pick a world to try to finish it out, instead of do all 1s, then all 2s, all 3s, etc. But truly, any way is viable.

MUnited83

For you.
Lmao.

Let me thank the weeabos of the world

Already made 15$ with Hyperdevotion noire emoticons and backgrounds. And I have other 20$ worth of them going up for sale and I can see them selling in this next day.

Anteater

Don't forget when in 6 months people start to realise that maybe said website had a point and everyone else was drinking the kool aid!

As someone who really likes Uncharted I'm surprised how apathetic I am feeling right now towards UC4 :/
I already know it's the 4th iteration of a formula but is on a shinier machine so of course it'll be "10/10 GOTF or else I'll cut you"

I think it's going to be great, I like the games and the one level I saw looked kind of pretty well designed for a tps, it was one of the first videos though, haven't kept up with it since. I'm not in a hurry to play it though as I've already played the first 3 games quite a few times along with multiplayer in 2. I don't think I'm quite "hyped" about any games this gen honestly, like they're mostly the 4th or 5th sequel or whatever, I couldn't even get myself to play yakuza 3 last gen after going through the 2 ps2 games back to back.

Sch1sm

backlog_replaymnsnf.png

Alien Isolation is one of the best games I've played this year.

Listen to this man, Red. Alien Isolation was my GOTY for 2014 and nothing's quite scratched my suspense and anticipation driven survival-horror experience since. Nothing. If you do play it, try at upping the difficulty.

Tizoc

I'm starting to suspect that a lot of GAFfers, worryingly enough, PS4GAFfers, have never played a (3D) platformer in their lives or in a very very long time.

Anteater

I'm starting to suspect that a lot of GAFfers, worryingly enough, PS4GAFfers, have never played a (3D) platformer in their lives or in a very very long time.

Mario 64 was the last 3d platformer I liked/played, haven't really played much since then

A Crack in Time is a fucking masterpiece in 3d platforming and that it took this long for insomniac to get it right again is a real shame.

I still have to play the PS2 RnC games and Sly 4. I love having a platfomer backlog because now that the genre is nearly dead i know that I can eventually catch up!

Tizoc

Please expand.

Something about R&C?

Yeah, I started my 3rd R&C 2016 playthrough today and you know what I did the most in that game in my 3 hour playthrough? Blow stuff up and not by jumping on enemies heads.
R&C 2016 is more of an action game; a shooter if you will.
If I were to add up all instances of platforming in that game they would amount to 1% of the game, at best

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
R&C has always been platform light, they haven't put out a real one since Jax and Daxter. And maybe Sly(Though I've never finished it)

Everyone should play sly 1. Time trials that open up I think when you beat it really make the gameplay shine.

Yeah, I started my 3rd R&C 2016 playthrough today and you know what I did the most in that game in my 3 hour playthrough? Blow stuff up and not by jumping on enemies heads.
If I were to add up all instances of platforming in that game they would amount to 1% of the game, at best
Which one did you play?

the very first one had decent amounts of platforming

Teggy

Oh, so you just don't like people calling it a platfomer?

Everyone should play sly 1. Time trials that open up I think when you beat it really make the gameplay shine.

Yup, Sly 1 is IMHO the best pure platformer on the PS2. The way you can flow through the levels is amazing. The change they made to gameplay in the sequels was very disappointing for me.

redlacs

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

boxlife -- MB-1203FB145F75CD83 - Taken by Lashley. 1 entrants total.

t1461860493z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom