• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Souls 3 is anime

ChJWkM5UkAAIW45.jpg:large

Tizoc

Megaman should get an anime exemption by law

Technically Megaman was originally gonna be an anime;
the original concept was for an Astro Boy/T. Atom video game
That fell through and Capcom made Rockman/Megaman instead

Oddly enough only Megaman BN/Rockman.exe ever got an anime adaptation for some reason.

sadblob

The sale is awesome but some games (Nep and Fairy Fencer) have been cheaper in other sales, if you are thinking of getting those I would wait.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, I assumed that they were constantly releasing new builds as the progressbar on their page showed some progress after the beta step

As did I. I'm not happy, to be frank. The whole "Buy an alpha; enjoy an ancient build with zero support" approach annoys me, regardless of the +1... ness. But at least with Rain World, I knew what I was buying into. The AHiT devs don't exactly do a good job of communiacting what alpha beta access means in a tangible sense.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Tales of Zestiria any good?

I enjoyed it but has its fair share of issues. Camera can be a mess, the world exploration is pretty much a big thing with not a lot of things to find and the upgrade system is kinda annoying. Gameplay is fun and the story is mostly inoffensive, the cast is mostly likable and the soundtrack is pretty neat for most of the part.

Stall19

I enjoyed it but has its fair share of issues. Camera can be a mess, the world exploration is pretty much a big thing with not a lot of things to find and the upgrade system is kinda annoying. Gameplay is fun and the story is mostly inoffensive, the cast is mostly likable and the soundtrack is pretty neat for most of the part.

Probably for the best that I skip it. I still have a ton of games on my backlog and JRPGs take way too long.

It's not the problem that it's anime. Considering I would be labeled anime by a lot of people. Just that a majority of games on Steam I don't have any interest in.

Or some are just bad.

Guys, I need help choosing the next game I'm going to play. Any tips? Replay basically means games I've already played one - primarily on consoles - but it's been a while and it could be time to play through it again. And backlog, well, that's just backlog.

I'm going to say to play Dust.

I think it's a perfect palette cleanser. You might just want a game that's super familiar and easy to jump into that has some fun little things to reward, well, fucking around. Air juggles just to watch the combo meter stack up. That kind of thing.

It doesn't itself too seriously but not so light that you question why you're still playing. There are some cool easter eggs hidden throughout. And it's pretty gorgeous when you get over the fact that it's a little bit on the furry side.

Then you can go into something super serious like Alien or Pillars.

data

Went for Love at First Sight, Raiden IV and Momodora. Anything else I should definitely use the remaining €13 in my wallet for?

Teggy

Watch a playthrough of Super Mario 3D World, then go back and watch a playthrough of R&C '16 and tell me which one has the more platforming :p

I'm not saying the R&C series are not platformers BTW; merely that there is this bizarre misconception that R&C '16, this one particular game, is seen as a platformer, when after all is said and done it isn't.

I'm not sure why it matters that Mario has more platforming. A large chunk of the planets in R&C 2016 are direct copies of planets in R&C 2004 with the exact same layout and platforming. I'm not sure why it's such a stretch to call it a platformer or why it's worth getting upset over.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Brazil

use VPN

Please don't recommend VPNs for the purpose of cross-region purchasing on the Steam Store itself. Some may say, "I've bought a bunch of games at Superrubadubdub prices and my account is fine!", but the restrictions exist for a reason.

altacctgiftl9ugg.jpg

To state the obvious, Valve isn't stupid. Someone changing their primary store from, say, Steam US to Steam RU is going to set off red flags. Maybe you'll get away with it on the count of it quite literally being a one-off. Maybe you'll get away with it because you spend a lot of money. Regardless, there's a fire and should you touch it, you'll find it burns.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just got back from Civil War. Any new bundles I missed today? I see GMG is dead, do they have some crazy deal that killed the site?

madjoki

20.48 - M̱̱᷉i̱̱͚̱̚s̱̞̱ṯ̱̓e̱͏̱ṟ̫̱Glitch: » Historical Lowest: Big Pharma - http://store.steampowered.com/app/344850/ - 4,59 € at -80% / $4.99 at -80% - Was: 13,79 € at -40% / $14.99 at -40% - Lowest: 13,79 € at -40% / $14.99 at -40% on 27.4.2016 0.12.53

Jumped to 80% from 40% it was. Glitch probably.

derExperte

20.48 - M̱̱᷉i̱̱͚̱̚s̱̞̱ṯ̱̓e̱͏̱ṟ̫̱Glitch: » Historical Lowest: Big Pharma - http://store.steampowered.com/app/344850/ - 4,59 € at -80% / $4.99 at -80% - Was: 13,79 € at -40% / $14.99 at -40% - Lowest: 13,79 € at -40% / $14.99 at -40% on 27.4.2016 0.12.53

Thanks, bought. Not sure if that was a good decision after reading the reviews on top now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

almost insta bought and then thought "but what if its in the current humble monthly ;_;"

edit: fuck it bought it anyway

edit: that 3d dot heroes look-alike is 75% off btw

edit: and one piece is 66% off, I think thats a historic low?

Endruen

Yes! I'm going to pick Love at First Sight and maybe Ghost in the Shell after trying the free weekend.

EDIT: I just noticed Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star. Is it worth it? How does it differ from the main game?

even the games im kinda interested in aren't low enough.

i guess i'll just have to play the games I've got. shucks

Heathen.

Is Dragonball any good? I'm waiting until I can see light at the bottom of the bargain bin it's sitting in before buying it, but just wondering. The cel animated look is cooler than many of the screenshots I've seen of the reboot episodes.

Endruen

Heathen.

Is Dragonball any good? I'm waiting until I can see light at the bottom of the bargain bin it's sitting in before buying it, but just wondering. The cel animated look is cooler than many of the screenshots I've seen of the reboot episodes.

Better than the last Dragonball games for sure. My girlfriend beat it and liked it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom