• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
I don't understand why each time Capcom patches SFV, I need to download again 5+ GB while the base game on launch was 6 GB.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd recommend at least watching a R&C '16 playthrough, and making note of how much of the game is platforming and how much is shooting.

R&C'16 is pretty fun. I've had a PS4 for a little over a year now and it's the first game I've finished!

(I made a new account as I had -- and have -- no faith in Sony implementing user ID changes in the near future, especially now that it has confirmed 2FA.)

Sch1sm

Bastion~

I'm about halfway into this, maybe a bit over, at Roathus Lagoon. Recovered the cores, a single shard, going through the Wild and constantly falling off barges and the like because my sense of direction is about... well, z e r o, clearly. The narration I loved from the start, minute you start in the Rippling Walls, I was for this narrator's voice and slightly jokey way. Soundtrack is nice, diverse. The combat isn't all that bad, I've heard a lot of complaints about it over the years. If anything, the only apparent downside is the lack of multitasking in it - can't defend and attack at once because two-hand shield. The enemies I hate most at this point are the Peckers - pesky little things. And, Hell, game's pretty. I like it.

Encountered an awkward issue where if my caps lock is on, shift for shield doesn't work at all -- why? At one point, The Kid kept committing suicide without my touching any keys because I accidentally rolled onto a tile I probably shouldn't have been on. Even on revival he kept reappearing in that space, was annoying I had to restart the area. Other than that, though, about 2.5 hours in, and I'm enjoying it. Been good for my post-Dark Souls 3 slump.

I don't understand why each time Capcom patches SFV, I need to download again 5+ GB while the base game on launch was 6 GB.

That many mistakes.

Jawmuncher

So when is Valkyria Chronicles 2? With my boy Avan.
7jst1.png

Jawmuncher

Bastion~

I'm about halfway into this, maybe a bit over, at Roathus Lagoon. Recovered the cores, a single shard, going through the Wild and constantly falling off barges and the like because my sense of direction is about... well, z e r o, clearly. The narration I loved from the start, minute you start in the Rippling Walls, I was for this narrator's voice and slightly jokey way. Soundtrack is nice, diverse. The combat isn't all that bad, I've heard a lot of complaints about it over the years. If anything, the only apparent downside is the lack of multitasking in it - can't defend and attack at once because two-hand shield. The enemies I hate most at this point are the Peckers - pesky little things. And, Hell, game's pretty. I like it.

Encountered an awkward issue where if my caps lock is on, shift for shield doesn't work at all -- why? At one point, The Kid kept committing suicide without my touching any keys because I accidentally rolled onto a tile I probably shouldn't have been on. Even on revival he kept reappearing in that space, was annoying I had to restart the area. Other than that, though, about 2.5 hours in, and I'm enjoying it. Been good for my post-Dark Souls 3 slump.

That many mistakes.

Playing on 360 since it refuses to pick up any controller on PC. It knows it's there but no inputs work.

2020, after Sonic Boom.

Gotta hold hope. I think the only way for us to get VC3 is by getting VC2. Though I wonder if they'd do a double pack. Both for 40 would be fair.

LOL what happened to the copy you were getting me breh.
you hate prinnies tho
..well then, prinnies don't deserved to be saved then

Let the fuckers die!

Disgaea only sold 40k. The prinnies are not only dead, they are doomed. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RIP I have failed my mission, time to for my seppuku
Gifted to everyone but me.

still waiting on my gift :p

mp1990

Banned
There are some pretty tempting prices in this sale, but, I mean, they're bound to get even lower in the next Summer Sale, right?

I must not give into the urge of refunding Danganronpa so I can buy Disgea.

Tellaerin

The first R&C focused more on the platforming elements than the later games did. (I referred to it as "a platformer with guns" at the time.)

The later games put a heavier emphasis on the combat.

For the series as a whole, I think the "action-platformer" label is probably the most appropriate. "Platformer" by itself suggests that the real focus of the game is on precision jumps and timing.

In other news, I nearly installed that GitS:SAC FPS for the free weekend.

Thankfully I saw "Nexon" before I started the install and stopped myself just in time.

Sch1sm

Playing on 360 since it refuses to pick up any controller on PC. It knows it's there but no inputs work.

Yeah, I tried using my 360 controller and it was giving me trouble, as well. Resigned to kb/m. It's not a terrible experience, but I'd prefer it with the controller. Doesn't bother me enough to move to console.

There are some pretty tempting prices in this sale, but, I mean, they're bound to get even lower in the next Summer Sale, right?

I must not give into the urge of refunding Danganronpa so I can buy Disgea.

Don't do it. Evil bears are so much better than useless prinnies.

Ludens

Banned
In Polish, but yes, they really do ask for login information for your bank account:

trustly-600x250kijb4.jpg

What if your Paypal isn't linked to your back credit card?
I mean, here in Italy you can link it to Postepay which isn't a credit card, but a debit one.
Also you can buy Paypal credit in local stores etc.

Tellaerin

Yeah, I tried using my 360 controller and it was giving me trouble, as well. Resigned to kb/m. It's not a terrible experience, but I'd prefer it with the controller. Doesn't bother me enough to move to console.

Worked for me with ye olde PS2 controller using x360ce. Maybe try that, see if it recognizes your controller?

Arthea

In Polish, but yes, they really do ask for login information for your bank account:

https://niebezpiecznik.pl/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Trustly-600x250.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
[SPOILER]
In my bank's case that's not even possible, I guess they have those security measures partly to save some people from themselves.[/SPOILER]

It's damn unfortunate, inspite of paypal becoming way too greedy lately, it's still most convenient way to pay online. And I don't see any alternative too.

Knurek

In my bank's case that's not even possible, I guess they have those security measures partly to save some people from themselves.

It's damn unfortunate, inspite of paypal becoming way too greedy lately, it's still most convenient way to pay online. And I don't see any alternative too.

Well, there's always just normal bank transfer - 2-3 working days, but what can you do?

Soulflarz

Banned
I want Clannad and kind of wants the higurashis and whatever those shmups you guys keep nagging me to buy who cave owns.
And Akiba's Trip.

But that's like $45

I don't want to spend that much
I just bought Zesteria

Thinking

sadblob

I need to decide between saving the prinnies or Hyperdevotion Noire. Perhaps neither and pick up Tales of Symphonia, I've heard most of the issues were fixed.

I want Clannad and kind of wants the higurashis and whatever those shmups you guys keep nagging me to buy who cave owns.
And Akiba's Trip.

But that's like $45

I don't want to spend that much
I just bought Zesteria

Thinking

Last year's summer sale was June 11th. We're a month and a half away from that date.

The momodoras are on my radar and I should probably just pull the trigger, but as the saying goes, "Never put off till tomorrow what you can do day after tomorrow just as well."

Amzin

Now this is a damned good game.

I am seconding this. It's been pretty overpriced on Steam though - base price is cheaper on GMG since forever and they've had it for over 50% off THEIR price.

If you're a fan of G1 Transformers and beat-em-ups, it's a must-get though. Laying the smackdown on a Decepticon as Prime and ending your combo by transforming mid-air and ramming them into a building does not get old.

Tellaerin

Don't see Steam Achievements listed on the store page.

Typical.

When companies go back to linking achievements to unlocking things in their games, I'll start caring about them. I'll jump through hoops to earn a useless-but-cool skin or w/e, but getting a virtual gold star for killing 9000 enemies while performing a handstand doesn't do a lot to motivate me.

(And to clarify, this isn't "people who like achievements are bad". It's, "companies, give me back my unlockables so I have something I actually care about to shoot for in your games".)

EDIT: And yeah, I know the post was in reference to the whole KLEI "Don't Starve" achievements thing, but still.

Tizoc

Now you're trolling, come on.

Keep in mind I was talking about the train section. as I wrote it felt very straight forward, namely in that there weren't any challenhing elements to the jumping and navigation across the train.
Heck I watched a playthrough of it just now @_@

Arthea

I see DS3 on that sale
so you guys are just hiding you are into anime this much
revelation! unexpected plot twist

I can't help but wonder why are most of KT games not on that sale?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fucking Toukiden never goes bellow 50%, nor does it drop its base price

wonder how long till someone uploads the versions of shinobi 2 with licensed characters:

Because of copyright issues regarding certain enemy characters (many of which were based on cultural icons) there were at least four versions of the game in Japan and North America, with the later two also appearing in Europe.

-Software revision 1.00 (1989): Enemy characters resembling Rambo, The Terminator, Spider-Man, Batman, and Godzilla are present. Both Spider-Man and Batman are actually fake representations of the characters conducted by a shapeshifter who alters his appearance after sustaining a certain amount of damage. Additionally, Joe Musashi's face on the title sequence resembled that of actor Sonny Chiba dressed as his character Hattori Hanzō from the Japanese TV series Shadow Warriors (Kage no Gundan).
-Software revision 1.01 (1989): Batman is replaced by a winged Devilman-like creature. Godzilla and Spider-Man remain unmodified, the latter now morphs into the Devil when defeated. The "Gunner" enemy soldiers with flamethrowers are also changed to bald men with headbands, altering their original likeness to Rambo (although Sega had the license to the character for their Rambo III console games, they did not use it for this game).
-Software revision 1.02 (1990): The fake Spider-Man is now redesigned into the licensed character from Marvel Comics, acknowledged by a copyright notice (Sega already had the license to the character for their game The Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin). Since he is now the real Spider-Man, he does not morph into the Devil and actually leaves the battle when enough damage is inflicted, with the winged Devil entering to replace him. Godzilla still remains intact.
-Software revision 1.03 (1990): Godzilla is replaced by a skeletal dinosaur. Everything else remains intact from the previous revision, including the licensed use of Spider-Man. This version was used in the Genesis 6-Pak cartridge along with the "Sega Classics" edition of the game.
-Software revision 1.04 (2009/2012): Since the licensed use of the boss Spider-Man was for a limited period of time, the game was subsequently prevented from being re-released years later. The 2009 release for the Virtual Console as well as the Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network 2012 releases features a new specific software revision (1.04) that omits the Marvel copyright notice and replaces Spider-Man with a pink palette swap of the character that still behaves the same as the licensed Spider-Man.[4] Joe Musashi's design in the title screen was also altered to remove his likeness to Sonny Chiba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom