• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I'm not sure why it matters that Mario has more platforming. A large chunk of the planets in R&C 2016 are direct copies of planets in R&C 2004 with the exact same layout and platforming. I'm not sure why it's such a stretch to call it a platformer or why it's worth getting upset over.

I don't remember much of R&C1, I rage quit that game at Pokitaru :V What little I DO remember is it mixed platforming with shooting.

Tere's not much more I can say that I haven't already have; just because a game has jumping in it does not automatically make it a platformer. Just because a game has cartoony characters in it and aimed at kids does not necessarily make it a platformer.

Oh and these don't exactly look like direct copies to me :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEeB-fT9vqQ

Arthea

it would be not that bad of an impromptu bigger sale, but most discounts aren't deep enough for me, and there are other issues *sigh

and Xenoverse is lowest it has been, I think

Endruen

it would be not that bad of an impromptu bigger sale, but most discounts aren't deep enough for me, and there are other issues *sigh

and Xenoverse is lowest it has been, I think

Nope, it has been at nearly half the actual price according to ES.

Tizoc

It's a platformer with a heavy emphasis on shooting things. Still a platformer though.

But it isn't; go play the game and tell me just how much platforming you do in particular against the dozens of enemy waves or areas that feature enemies
Strafing around and jumping to avoid damage isn't platforming.

Guys seriously you're REALLY making me see that some people on GAF (at least) have forgotten what a Platformer is, here's one post that sums the game up well
R&C games aren't platformers because their main challenge is not platforming - ie precision jumping and maneuvring. They're action games, you run and shoot. Sometimes there's isolated platforming.

There are good games like that, also ones that are not R&C. But there are extremely few examples of great pure 3D platforming like the Mario series presents. It's not just a challenge developers seem ready to takeo n.

Saty

Life after leaving a game studio, according to narrative designer Chris Avellone
http://gamasutra.com/view/news/2715...ding_to_narrative_designer_Chris_Avellone.php
Avellone referenced wikis for sprawling narratives like George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire, because Game of Thrones has a wiki where people keep track of everything for him.

"Bethesda mentioned… I shouldn't say this, but they said 'we don't track everything anymore, we just go to the wiki and figure out what the crossed lines are for everything, that's basically our game design document now.'”

Now that he's in a pure creative role, Avellone doesn't see himself going back to running a studio. "I have been tempted," he said, "but the challenges with that are, you have to hire the right individuals, you have to set up your own company, and once you start doing that you enter into more of a management role and less of a creative role.

"So more what I want is to get involved in companies that have all that set up, and I can just get involved in just a creative capacity."
More at link.

Arthea

Yeah, but that was a price error. It will not go down to that price for a while.

I miss all price errors anyway, like 99% of them, especially of games that I actually want not because of price mistake.
And price mistakes don't really count as lowest price point anyway, unless they aren't fixed in days.

Saty

Newzoo_VR_Buying_Intention_Per_Country.png

https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/vr-buying-intention-europe-north-america/

Hmmm Clannad at 50% off. Didn't think this would be half off so soon. Contemplating on getting this. Dopey looking animu girls do pique my interest.

But it isn't; go play the game and tell me just how much platforming you do in particular against the dozens of enemy waves or areas that feature enemies
Strafing around and jumping to avoid damage isn't platforming.

Guys seriously you're REALLY making me see that some people on GAF (at least) have forgotten what a Platformer is, here's one post that sums the game up well

better go edit wikipedia then

Ratchet & Clank is a series of science fiction, action-oriented platformer video games

Teggy

I don't remember much of R&C1, I rage quit that game at Pokitaru :V What little I DO remember is it mixed platforming with shooting.

Tere's not much more I can say that I haven't already have; just because a game has jumping in it does not automatically make it a platformer. Just because a game has cartoony characters in it and aimed at kids does not necessarily make it a platformer.

Oh and these don't exactly look like direct copies to me :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEeB-fT9vqQ

I'm replaying the original right now. Pretty much all the planets common to the games are identically laid out, down to gold bolt locations. The addition of an escalator over a staircase doesn't count. And the train is better in the new one for obvious reasons, and actually requires more platforming than the old version.

Knurek

Right, Paypal just went insane in Poland.

They changed their subcontractor for instant top-up, the old one was just generating data for the bank transfer, but the new one requires you to share your internet bank login AND password and text them security code from your card/token to verify the transfer.

Like, seriously, the stuff scammers use to rob you of your money.
Who thought this was a good idea?

They changed their subcontractor for instant top-up, the old one was just generating data for the bank transfer, but the new one requires you to share your internet bank login AND password and text them security code from your card/token to verify the transfer.

it's exactly what Venmo does in the states and it's fine?

though they also give you the option of manually entering the routing and account numbers separately if that's more up your alley. not sure if that's an option you have though.

Everybody knows that Wiki can be editted by anyone and certain information shouldn't necessarily be taken at face value :p

I'd recommend at least watching a R&C '16 playthrough, and making note of how much of the game is platforming and how much is shooting.

I've played the 3 main entries on the PS3 and, yeah, it's a platformer with a heavy emphasis on shooting but it's a platformer. It's not a pure shooter, it's not a pure platformer, and it's not poop.

there, the air has been cleared

Tizoc

Everybody knows that Wiki can be editted by anyone and certain information shouldn't necessarily be taken at face value :p

I'd recommend at least watching a R&C '16 playthrough, and making note of how much of the game is platforming and how much is shooting.

I'm replaying the original right now. Pretty much all the planets common to the games are identically laid out, down to gold bolt locations. The addition of an escalator over a staircase doesn't count. And the train is better in the new one for obvious reasons, and actually requires more platforming than the old version.

I found the platforming...straight forward, like nothing to write home about it.
It's as automatic as platforming in an Uncharted game

Arthea

ahahaha
lemme laugh some more
no way they can require anything like that, that's not only insane, that's criminally insane.
RIP paypal if true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom