• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea there were so many versions of this. I only had the original, though I remember hearing that a later version of the game cut the Batman and Spiderman "cameos".

like it's crazy that someone thought that first version with Enemy characters resembling Rambo, The Terminator, Spider-Man, Batman, and Godzilla...Joe Musashi's face on the title sequence resembled that of actor Sonny Chiba dressed as his character Hattori Hanzō from the Japanese TV series Shadow Warriors wasn't going to catch the attention of about a million lawyers lol

like Kojima lifted stuff from Blade Runner and Terminator and even then he tried to not make it so obvious. the people making shinobi 2 didn't even bother and that's kinda great

Nzyme32

God Bless the modding community

ChJxE8fWwAABRuI

https://twitter.com/elahti/status/725767632792723456

Video: https://streamable.com/p6cf

Hahahaha! God bless the mods.

Was there a Star Wars game on either console? If there was, hopefully one can eventually be added and we can get even more Tim Allen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GSuO57Ja7g

Phawx

Hey fellas,

All of the stuff I recorded at PAX East has been edited and shoved on to you YouTube. The playlist is here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdC3pP79J-A90diXUFDTK9t8lm_axQ_hH

To be more specific, here are two vids of games that I think could use a bit more attention:

Beat Cop - a PnC adventure game-of-sorts. Think of it like a streamlined PoliceQuest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMto04aflL4&index=5&list=PLdC3pP79J-A90diXUFDTK9t8lm_axQ_hH

Lastfight - Looks to be a capable PowerStone clone. Unfortunately, they don't have online multi just yet. But I haven't heard of this game at all until I saw it at the show floor, so take a gander:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjOf4979KDI&index=7&list=PLdC3pP79J-A90diXUFDTK9t8lm_axQ_hH

Tizoc

Hey fellas,

All of the stuff I recorded at PAX East has been edited and shoved on to you YouTube. The playlist is here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdC3pP79J-A90diXUFDTK9t8lm_axQ_hH

To be more specific, here are two vids of games that I think could use a bit more attention:

Beat Cop - a PnC adventure game-of-sorts. Think of it like a streamlined PoliceQuest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMto04aflL4&index=5&list=PLdC3pP79J-A90diXUFDTK9t8lm_axQ_hH

Lastfight - Looks to be a capable PowerStone clone. Unfortunately, they don't have online multi just yet. But I haven't heard of this game at all until I saw it at the show floor, so take a gander:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjOf4979KDI&index=7&list=PLdC3pP79J-A90diXUFDTK9t8lm_axQ_hH

Thanks for the bringing up Beat Cop.

i imagine they would have issues with ppl dbl/triple/quad dipping. I rather not spend more then 10 dollars for quad dipping on the same game....

It's not so much as purchasing the game again as it is more the game had a rocky launch with various bugs. Wasn't an awful port but it did put maybe half of the folks off. I believe most of the problems have been addressed.

Tellaerin

like it's crazy that someone thought that first version with Enemy characters resembling Rambo, The Terminator, Spider-Man, Batman, and Godzilla...Joe Musashi's face on the title sequence resembled that of actor Sonny Chiba dressed as his character Hattori Hanzō from the Japanese TV series Shadow Warriors wasn't going to catch the attention of about a million lawyers lol

like Kojima lifted stuff from Blade Runner and Terminator and even then he tried to not make it so obvious. the people making shinobi 2 didn't even bother and that's kinda great

The world was a less litigious place in general back then, the internet wasn't a thing yet, and videogames, though popular, weren't nearly as mainstream as they are today. I think that's why you could have people try to slip something like this under the radar and hope that it would go unnoticed for awhile. Nowadays, people would be posting about it on release day, half a dozen sites would pick up the story, and lawyers would be knocking on the door inside a week.

I miss the feature that told you when someone quoted you. That needs to come back.

There was a notification feature? I didn't even know. I just scroll through the pages looking for quotes in green to see if anyone replied to me. >.>

Jawmuncher

The world was a less litigious place in general back then, the internet wasn't a thing yet, and videogames, though popular, weren't nearly as mainstream as they are today. I think that's why you could have people try to slip something like this under the radar and hope that it would go unnoticed for awhile. Nowadays, people would be posting about it on release day, half a dozen sites would pick up the story, and lawyers would be knocking on the door inside a week.

There was a notification feature? I didn't even know. I just scroll through the pages looking for quotes in green to see if anyone replied to me. >.>

It was awhile back maybe in 2013? It was a test feature for maybe like a month.

Lomax

New games like Hard West struggle to get sales enough (roughly the same 40k mark as Disgaea interestingly) and already have discounts just a few months after release, why would most people pay $20 for a 13 year old port of a game that has a ton of sequels already? I'd say 40k at $20 is pretty decent and it will certainly pick up as it gets more discounts.

Salsa

how the fuck do I fix that disk write error bullshit, again?

I had it a while ago, but I got enough free space on the disk to update Dark Souls III but it doesnt let me

it goes up till a certain point and it just throws me a disk write error

driving me fucking nuts

I miss the feature that told you when someone quoted you. That needs to come back.

People like to criticize certain missing features on various gaming platforms but unless it opened up access to an exploit, it's baffling that this feature was taken out from GAF. It was a very helpful one.

Salsa

for fuck's sake this thing wont update

its a 2 gig update I have 10gigs free

I dont wanna reinstall the thing, it doesnt even have fuckin cloud saves im scared

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Sorry for this totally OT post, but today was a good day...

Finally found a new really nice apartment I move into next month

Opened this pack in Hearthstone

Just came home from the cinema, watched Civil War with a friend

The movie is OK but nothing special IMO, give me Guardians 2 Marvel!

And now I have pizza and beer...

Life can be good sometimes :)

Have some games to make this post more on topic...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Damage Control -- MB-B9A6EA7708417215 - Taken by bloke. 2 entrants total.
Forest Warrior -- MB-C380043EB8BA6E1A - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Princess Loot Pixel Again -- MB-7347C7F717AD8304 - Taken by Sammichu. 7 entrants total.
Portal of Evil Stolen Runes Collector's Edition -- MB-BA5A1573AEC0C098 - Taken by Delicious Waffles. 4 entrants total.
Adorables -- MB-FF53A1B9182DEABE - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Sparkle 3 Genesis -- MB-D6F91C69D8FE48BA - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Dungeon Nightmares II The Memory -- MB-8616971F9CA23AEB - Taken by fspm. 3 entrants total.
Cosmic Rocket Defender -- MB-404C555CD6F0FDA5 - Taken by SSPssp. 3 entrants total.
Army of Tentacles (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim -- MB-10719FFA2FF5D0F4 - Taken by trailmix16. 2 entrants total.
BlackShadows -- MB-83EC5A23EBB42BF8
Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-EB2C1EAB0F39FA1F - Taken by septicore. 2 entrants total.
Hordelicious -- MB-AB1CE6456BFC1B61 - Taken by Mavromatis. 1 entrants total.
StarFringe Adversus -- MB-B384EFA64AAEA2CB - Taken by septicore. 2 entrants total.
Pongo -- MB-585404A26DBE7B71 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Hypt -- MB-57EFDF423D0FEBDD - Taken by Jalal. 2 entrants total.
This Book Is A Dungeon -- MB-B81DA93288EC22EF - Taken by Sarcasm. 4 entrants total.
Surfingers -- MB-BD5DCCF5FB195424 - Taken by neonglow. 3 entrants total.
Millie -- MB-99327FDD745D6A07 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Merchants of Kaidan -- MB-2A2602462E38EA13 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Bacteria -- MB-A0177A18EE48E59E - Taken by gurm3n. 3 entrants total.
Fort Defense -- MB-2960D9884DF9FFE4 - Taken by Belgarion. 3 entrants total.

t1461888394z1.png

S
Finally found a new really nice apartment I move into next month

Just came home from the cinema, watched Civil War with a friend

The movie is OK but nothing special IMO, give me Guardians 2 Marvel!

And now I have pizza and beer...

Life can be good sometimes :)
Sounds all very nice indeed. Congrats on your new place!

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xheRJRF.gif
One Day For Ched -- MB-22D5A14F26E9317A - Taken by voodooray
one extra from ONE MORE BUNDLE

Salsa

oh hey guess what im reinstalling the entirety of Dark Souls III and Steam reallocated the space just fine without any disk write error

but when I tried to just install the update there was either no disk space or some writing error

fuck this shitty fucking shit. Hitman did the same exact thing

Nabs

for fuck's sake this thing wont update

its a 2 gig update I have 10gigs free

I dont wanna reinstall the thing, it doesnt even have fuckin cloud saves im scared

I'm having a fun time trying to get this to update.

bGrFqSG.png

Oh. The Download folder is currently at 14gb now. You definitely need more than 10 for this.

Salsa

bGrFqSG.png

exact same thing here. either stopped at like 10 megs, or 60, but never reached 80

Im reinstalling the whole thing and it's gonna work. It's not the first time this happened and it's some prime time bullshit

Volimar

oh hey guess what im reinstalling the entirety of Dark Souls III and Steam reallocated the space just fine without any disk write error

but when I tried to just install the update there was either no disk space or some writing error

NxlhfPw.jpg

Grief.exe

This doesn't surprise me, but every time you talk about issues with your computer it just sounds super unstable.

Reformat, remove your OC's on your GPU and CPU, run tests on your memory and storage, see if you can diagnose your issue.
I definitely got the impression your GPU over clock was messed up last time you mentioned issues, so start there.

Salsa

bGrFqSG.png

Oh. The Download folder is currently at 14gb now. You definitely need more than 10 for this.

I cleared more than that and nothing. it's fake space, some sort of preallocating bull that just suddenly started happening

This doesn't surprise me, but every time you talk about issues with your computer it just sounds super unstable.

I mean you keep bringing this up but every time I google shit I find a ton of people with the same issue

my PC is fine dude and the issues I have I find the problem (like the OC stuff yesterday). This is a Steam issue

dLe5TBQ.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Salsa

Reformat, remove your OC's on your GPU and CPU, run tests on your memory and storage, see if you can diagnose your issue.
I definitely got the impression your GPU over clock was messed up last time you mentioned issues, so start there.

why would I check out my GPU OC for an issue with Steam updates that even Nabs is having lol

the OC thing is easy. I had an OC that was stable on benchmarks and games, but a game like Dark Souls III comes out that is both more demanding and doesnt have the best track record on ports and the card just got too hot. I put the clocks back to stock and it's fine. It's all done on an OS level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom