• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Like over 300/400 interactions here as well( thanks Aldrich covenant!), not a single cheaper either.

Lots of terrible netcode though.
I wouldn't say lots, but yes, 2 times it was completely broken and ~10 times the connection was mostly unusable. But at least as often in my favour as in my opponent's. Hardly indicative of cheating.

Nabs

I cleared more than that and nothing. it's fake space, some sort of preallocating bull that just suddenly started happening

Clearing space fixed the disk write error for me. It basically redownloaded the entire game just to update, so deleting it was probably a good idea.

Salsa

biggest online issue i've had with DSIII has also happened in previous games which is that I sometimes summon someone and they just don't have animations

MUnited83

For you.
Just in case, is there a way to recognize hacked drops?
Generally they will have stats impossible on the game. Although, you can just not pick up anything a random person drops. I've played the game a whole lot, and not a single person dropped any items or tried to initiate a trade

Grief.exe

why would I check out my GPU OC for an issue with Steam updates that even Nabs is having lol

the OC thing is easy. I had an OC that was stable on benchmarks and games, but a game like Dark Souls III comes out that is both more demanding and doesnt have the best track record on ports and the card just got too hot. I put the clocks back to stock and it's fine. It's all done on an OS level.

Just an impression I got about your situation.

I see you consistently complain about issues that could be attributed to instability. Just giving you some methods to test your system.

Salsa

Just an impression I got about your situation.

I see you consistently complain about issues that could be attributed to instability. Just giving you some methods to test your system.

the only instability i've ever had on this last rig is that my mobo doesnt allow me to OC the actual core cocks on my CPU but just the turbo boost, and I dont get individual voltage control on em

it required some boring ass tinkering a while ago but it's never been an issue since, the GPU stuff sucked to find out, but thankfully that's just moving a virtual lever from windows

other than that my HDD is probably goin to shit at this point but I have stuff like Dark Souls on my SSD anyway

ExoSoul

Banned

Wanna add a few things:
Before that warning (the ban) there's another one that says "WARNING: INVALID DATA DETECTED" and the wording in text that follows gives players the impression that if they delete their save files (whether they hacked the game or picked a item or w/e) they will avoid being banned, that isn't true. No one that has seen the first warning pop up has evaded the ban, no matter the reason. The thing is no one is sure what even made it trigger on the players that didn't cheat.

Also there is no soft-ban, it's a perma. The term soft-ban was used in DS2 because it worked in increments of 30 day. If the game detected that you kept cheating or using modified items you'd be banned to the cheaters server again, in DS3 it seems to b a one and done thing.

The US Namco Community manager said on April 21st that he was gathering information and sending it to From and he would be "sharing tomorrow", so far we haven't heard a peep regarding to that.

And a personal gripe with all this:
If you're warning/accusing someone of tempering with the saves don't put that warning on the EULA that pops up every time you sign in to the servers in the same font as the patch notes.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
there's nothing coming out in may

time to save up for the summer seal

854455880e.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
played Act 1 of Contrast, that game really only has the art going for it huh? :/

at least its short I read

derExperte

Back in 1995 is out. Looks terrible and certainly worse than what I played in '95.

there's nothing coming out in may

time to save up for the summer seal

Stellaris, Warhammer and Witcher 3 DLC.

Also that HUGE PS4 exclusive everyone's talking about. Shadow of the Beast if I recall correctly.

Parsnip

The thread I posted is 112 pages, plus Reddit etc: I think there's something wrong in DS3 anti-cheat software.

The article headline says "massive cheating problem", that is not the case.
If the anti-cheat in DkS3 is broken, that's an entirely different issue altogether.

From me to you, because it's my birthday. (Okay, I used *SOME* of my Steam wallet birthday money, but I'll totally buy myself something too, honest.)

Hint for "favourite games" one: it's a hybrid-genre game but partly dungeon crawler.

Remember, if you really like point-and-clicks, you probably have that game, so don't enter for that one...and if you really like dungeon crawlers you probably have the other one.

Going out on a limb here, but hopefully these games will go to people who don't have 'em. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (someguyinahat, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One of my favourite point-and-click adventures -- MB-369F7C333BE5E5BD - Taken by ramoisdead. 15 entrants total.
One of my favourite games -- MB-B863ABA8B75D1C93 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 21 entrants total.

t1461894934z1.png

Additional hints, just in case:

The "favourite games" one is on sale right now. The "point and click" is not.

Some Guy in a Hat is still kinda cheap, so both games are around 5 US dollars right now.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Damage Control -- MB-B9A6EA7708417215 - Taken by bloke. 2 entrants total.
Forest Warrior -- MB-C380043EB8BA6E1A - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Princess Loot Pixel Again -- MB-7347C7F717AD8304 - Taken by Sammichu. 7 entrants total.
Portal of Evil Stolen Runes Collector's Edition -- MB-BA5A1573AEC0C098 - Taken by Delicious Waffles. 4 entrants total.
Adorables -- MB-FF53A1B9182DEABE - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Sparkle 3 Genesis -- MB-D6F91C69D8FE48BA - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Dungeon Nightmares II The Memory -- MB-8616971F9CA23AEB - Taken by fspm. 3 entrants total.
Cosmic Rocket Defender -- MB-404C555CD6F0FDA5 - Taken by SSPssp. 3 entrants total.
Army of Tentacles (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim -- MB-10719FFA2FF5D0F4 - Taken by trailmix16. 2 entrants total.
BlackShadows -- MB-83EC5A23EBB42BF8
Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-EB2C1EAB0F39FA1F - Taken by septicore. 2 entrants total.
Hordelicious -- MB-AB1CE6456BFC1B61 - Taken by Mavromatis. 1 entrants total.
StarFringe Adversus -- MB-B384EFA64AAEA2CB - Taken by septicore. 2 entrants total.
Pongo -- MB-585404A26DBE7B71 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Hypt -- MB-57EFDF423D0FEBDD - Taken by Jalal. 2 entrants total.
This Book Is A Dungeon -- MB-B81DA93288EC22EF - Taken by Sarcasm. 4 entrants total.
Surfingers -- MB-BD5DCCF5FB195424 - Taken by neonglow. 3 entrants total.
Millie -- MB-99327FDD745D6A07 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Merchants of Kaidan -- MB-2A2602462E38EA13 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Bacteria -- MB-A0177A18EE48E59E - Taken by gurm3n. 3 entrants total.
Fort Defense -- MB-2960D9884DF9FFE4 - Taken by Belgarion. 3 entrants total.

t1461888394z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It looks like some of the SEGA Genesis ROM hacks that were replacing games with completely new games are slowly starting to get taken down on the workshop. It looks like Contra and Castlevania were taken down although the Mario and Donkey Kong games are still up...

While Contra and Castlevania were clearly infringing on copyright, the Nintendo themed games are really just romhacks of Sonic, etc using Nintendo sprites so maybe they're harder to weed out
?

Happy birthday, somedudeinahat and thanks for the giveaway. Gonna guess the point n click game is Day of the Tentacle because I would really like that one.

From me to you, because it's my birthday. (Okay, I used *SOME* of my Steam wallet birthday money, but I'll totally buy myself something too, honest.)

Hint for "favourite games" one: it's a hybrid-genre game but partly dungeon crawler.

Remember, if you really like point-and-clicks, you probably have that game, so don't enter for that one...and if you really like dungeon crawlers you probably have the other one.

Going out on a limb here, but hopefully these games will go to people who don't have 'em. Enjoy!

Happy birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom