• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

Final bump since I forgot to have ModBot auto-repost.

***The code that indicates Indigo Prophecy is actually for Hyper Light Drifter.***

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Something suspicious is going on with giveaways today. Trust no one.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition -- MB-FE4B65AABB709672 - Taken by Ludens. 35 entrants total.
XCOM 2 -- MB-79229119B8CD88F2 - Taken by dave is ok. 55 entrants total.
Indigo Prophecy -- MB-2F8E681DE015B3CA - Taken by dot. 62 entrants total.

t1459643683z1.png

sadblob

Anyone having problems with Idlemaster? It's been making me log in every time I open it, and the normal login doesn't work, have to use the authentication data. Tried reinstalling and changing from portable to installable but nothing. Might go over to Archi's if it persists.

I have to thank you so much for the autocomplete script. Makes those gleam fuckeries so much easier.

Careful, I read people are getting banned cause gleam detects autocomplete

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ah, replaying Fallout 3 and seeing a NPC I need to talk to fall through the ground as they walk up to me. Good times.

It's absolutely a beta product but I love mine anyway.

Yeah I'm gonna force myself to hold off for now.

From a build quality perspective it's really solid. I just think it's really rough on the software side. It seems to be capable of doing anything it's just difficult to get it to behave. When people say it's the true PC gamer's controller they are totally right. You could tweak settings on it for hours in a single game and still feel like you make more adjustments to get it right.

Thanks for the info!

tfw Dark Souls 3 still over a week away.
6tx7gTS.gif

I think you mean is ONLY over a week away!
tumblr_n01tcfxmld1tpr2nno1_250.gif

Man I woke up in such a good mood today lol. I can't wait to play DS3!

wFkjhNr.gif

data

For some reason DS4Windows keeps disconnecting my DS4 when I use Bluetooth, didn't have this problem before, thought it was an issue with my bluetooth but I downloaded InputMatter again and that has no issues.

Wow, Mad Max is beautiful. The barren world looks great in a tragic way. I love how the feeling of scorching heat is visible.
Wish there was a way to disable HUD elements. There is so much distraction on the screen going on.
The melee combat is fairly simple so far but it's OK. Driving seriously feels cinematic with the camera angles shifting but this is very much a nightmare for people who easily get motion sickness.
I'm enjoying it so far.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So, with steam cards I just sell them? Not bothered about emoticons/backgrounds or them awful profile badges

The Division is really growing on me, but I think I'm clicking too much cause there's this really uncomfortable tension in my hand now

Endruen

I'm really tempted to buy the Steam controller, but I should know better than to buy 1st gen hardware from a company with no hardware cred.
I really like it, it's very good, solid and comfortable. As everyone else says, don't use it on anything that need d-pad (I tried playing fighting games with it but it's a no go). I'm very reluctant to use it with any game that need a second stick for the camera, I should try it to get used to it. Also, I have to try it for a RTS game, I've heard it's very good in those.
Man I woke up in such a good mood today lol. I can't wait to play DS3!

wFkjhNr.gif
If you end up liking it, I will gift you the first Dark Souls in the next sale, it's easily one of my favourite games from the last gen, be sure to download Durante's fix, though.

gurm3n

Neo Member
So, with steam cards I just sell them? Not bothered about emoticons/backgrounds or them awful profile badges

yeah, you should sell them if you're not interested in the badge rewards. you should keep in mind, though, that you can level up your steam account by creating badges and the higher your level, the higher your chances of getting a random booster pack drop.

MUnited83

For you.
23.47 - M̱̱᷉i̱̱͚̱̚s̱̞̱ṯ̱̓e̱͏̱ṟ̫̱Glitch: » New Gleam Reward: Dark Shadows - Army of Evil Giveaway! (499 x Dark Shadows - Army of Evil Giveaway!) - https://gleam.io/z5Kfk/dark-shadows-army-of-evil-giveaway - Source: https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791441333306/announcements/detail/969772032141858621

another.

where exactly do you get those notices? Usually by the time you post it here it's already gone :(

neonglow

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing -- MB-581B528B03882A7E - Taken by e90Mark. 7 entrants total.

t1459641406z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow, Mad Max is beautiful. The barren world looks great in a tragic way. I love how the feeling of scorching heat is visible.
Wish there was a way to disable HUD elements. There is so much distraction on the screen going on.
The melee combat is fairly simple so far but it's OK. Driving seriously feels cinematic with the camera angles shifting but this is very much a nightmare for people who easily get motion sickness.
I'm enjoying it so far.

Yeah, there's not a lot of depth to the melee combat, but larger groups of enemies can be overwhelming if you're just blinding bashing your way through them and the feedback in Fury Mode is fantastic. Vehicular combat is the game's meat and potatoes, though. Causing chaos with the thunderpoon never gets old.

Momentary

Banned
Good luck. Started this an hour ago and forgot to post it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rayge:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hyper Light Drifter -- MB-503E6B048D6200DF - Taken by iosefe. 51 entrants total.

t1459639126z1.png

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
yeah, you should sell them if you're not interested in the badge rewards. you should keep in mind, though, that you can level up your steam account by creating badges and the higher your level, the higher your chances of getting a random booster pack drop.

What do booster packs do?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hyper Light Drifter's level design is so good

Jadax

For some reason the game's cover art keeps reminding me of this one guy in this lame anime I used to watch 5-6 years ago. And this is in turn reminding me how old I've gotten. And that is depressing me.

For some reason the game's cover art keeps reminding me of this one guy in this lame anime I used to watch 5-6 years ago. And this is in turn reminding me how old I've gotten. And that is depressing me.

Try following a long running manga.

Remembering you read the first Volume when you were in 5th grade and the manga is still running.

rtcn63

Watching other people playing Hippo Lite- I think the biggest confusion is that some folks are recommending it as a Zelda game, and it's clearly not. The Dark Souls comparison is apt though. Or even a top-down Shinobi/Alundra mish-mash, considering how the main character looks and moves.

Mivey

Since Melty Blood will be released, is there a chance that they will also release Tsukihime and the Fate/Stay Night games themselves? I guess it depends on how other VNs on Steam have been selling, and how much resources they would have for a quality translation in the first place.

Valve really needs some kind of Voucher Code system for these bundles. It's not a real code until the person inputs it into Steam. I really don't want to find out that 10k of my codes were resold by someone else. But then I see how the problem persists regardless.

Jadax

Try following a long running manga.

Remembering you read the first Volume when you were in 5th grade and the manga is still running.

I get what you mean, I started reading Naruto/Bleach in 2002, got bored of Bleach, but finished Naruto completely. Could never get into the animes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom