• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2 zones down,
2 to go
. Hotness. Bosses and level design are so good I really wish the game was longer (consensus seems to be at about 6-8 hours without exploring for all the hidden thingies, im at 3 hours or so, according to steam). It also doesnt seem to be burning up the charts according to steamspy

Owners: 21,796 ± 3,511

I mean its not terrible by any means for 2 days, but one assumes those 2 days are frontloaded with most of the sales, so /mweh

rtcn63

what's with the crafting in dead space 3

i don't know what i'm doing dog.gif

Unless you're playing on the hardest hardest difficulty where enemies don't drop ammo or something, crafting isn't all that useful. I think I did it once to get that mod that keeps you from damaging yourself with rockets. Most of the parts you need you'll pick up.

Anno

2 zones down,
2 to go
. Hotness. Bosses and level design are so good I really wish the game was longer (consensus seems to be at about 6-8 hours without exploring for all the hidden thingies, im at 3 hours or so, according to steam). It also doesnt seem to be burning up the charts according to steamspy

I mean its not terrible by any means for 2 days, but one assumes those 2 days are frontloaded with most of the sales, so /mweh

I think it also takes a few days for the algorithm to really hone in on it. Any time sales are increasing super rapidly the calculation isn't as exact. I'm sure it's done well more than that.

It's nothing shady, actually. He gets it from Canada but in order to get it cheap you have to buy csgo keys from people that sell them for less and do something with them. It's all complicated and stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think it also takes a few days for the algorithm to really hone in on it. Any time sales are increasing super rapidly the calculation isn't as exact. I'm sure it's done well more than that.

true, im a dumbdumb. Theres hope then

MUnited83

For you.
Dunno where he's getting it for 40$, cuz I sure can't.

Shady Bernardo lol

That's the magic of CS GO keys, a magic I professed already on this thread :p.

You can buy CS GO keys from traders for 1.95$, and sell them for 2.5$ on the market (those 2.5$ are after the fees". Therefore, by using this, a canadian person can get the game for a little bit under 40$

Just to be clear.

Canadian price now for DS3 is $51.09 USD.

Now divide that for the price of the keys in the market. 51.09$/2.5=20.43

Now multiply for the price that you can buy the keys at from trader. 20.42x1.95=39.85$

Here you go :)

Sarcasm

It's nothing shady, actually. He gets it from Canada but in order to get it cheap you have to buy csgo keys from people that sell them for less and do something with them. It's all complicated and stuff.

Man I forgot about keys, I used to do this.

Then I switched my account to Taiwan and haven't needed to do that lol.

Ruruja

In case someone doesn't know yet, Beamdog added achievements to the Baldur's Gate games. This is pretty huge for me!

That's great, I love it when old games get updated with achievements.

I only own them on GOG, but it looks like they're going to add the achievements to GOG Galaxy too in the near future.

AHA-Lambda

Seen Chvrches tonight (3rd time!), absolutely stellar ^_^

And it's amazing how much Lauren's vocals have improved now, the crowd was mental.
One of the best gigs I've ever been to :D

Relevance?
Well Lauren is Steamgaf's true waifu ofc ;)

tumblr_n3omixff6g1sob4p2o1_250.gif

Rhaknar

And it's amazing how much Lauren's vocals have improved now, the crowd was mental.

Relevance?

tumblr_inline_o2u1tqw06t1rup3xb_500.gif

ExoSoul

Banned

You can buy CS GO keys from traders for 1.95$, and sell them for 2.5$ on the market (those 2.5$ are after the fees". Therefore, by using this, a canadian person can get the game for a little bit under 40$

Just to be clear.

Now multiply for the price that you can buy the keys at from trader. 20.42x1.95=39.85$

You...

I'm guessing this doesn't apply to the Steam controller bundle?

Sarcasm

You...

Why wouldn't it? You still end up buying it on steam.

Which sucks since the controller isn't sold in Taiwan.

Let me clarify it looks like he is buying low and selling the keys on the market for wallet money. Therefore it is safe to assume he is then buying it with wallet money.

Or the original way was to buy a gift copy from a person but I think now a days that is too tedious with the restrictions on trading.

madjoki

You...

Why wouldn't it? You still end up buying it on steam.

Which sucks since the controller isn't sold in Taiwan.

You can't gift Steam Controller (outside your country) and it's not sold in Canada on Steam due to EB Games having exclusive deal. So it does not apply. But you can buy & keys and get it cheaper on your region.

MUnited83

For you.
You...

Well, i never tried to buy a steam controller. But if it accepts steam wallet money then yes, it does work fine. You're limited to your own country price though, but you can make a discount with this method regardless.

mp1990

Banned

Relevance?

Yet another reason to love Chvrches, the vocalist cuteness is out of this world. I'm afraid we'll never find another band that tops this one, it's time to give up on this lost cause.

Volimar

As Dot just reminded me, Faeria is doing a thing wherein you can invite up to 2 friends to get a full version of Faeria. So here's the first.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Volimar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Faeria -- MB-624D8E7D85BBF112 - Taken by oipic. 5 entrants total.

t1459636667z1.png

Yet another reason to love Chvrches, the vocalist cuteness is out of this world. I'm afraid we'll never find another band that tops this one, it's time to give up on this lost cause.

Ah yes, the Paramore effect.

madjoki

Well, i never tried to buy a steam controller. But if it accepts steam wallet money then yes, it does work fine. You're limited to your own country price though, but you can make a discount with this method regardless.

You can pay controller fully using wallet (I did so myself).

Grief.exe

2 zones down,
2 to go

Pointless to discuss SteamSpy sales for the time being.

r3n4ud

Just to be clear.

I knew it was from keys :p

I was just being a smartass since he said you got it from Canada for cheap, and I'm from Canada but it's not 40$ on our store.

Tenrius

Yeah, there's not a lot of depth to the melee combat, but larger groups of enemies can be overwhelming if you're just blinding bashing your way through them and the feedback in Fury Mode is fantastic. Vehicular combat is the game's meat and potatoes, though. Causing chaos with the thunderpoon never gets old.

Personally, I really liked how it looked and sounded and the gameplay was mostly neat too, but I kinda gave up eventualy. Felt like more of the same after getting to the second fortress.

Lain

You should and when you do, don't go west at the start of the game! I got slaughtered so many times lol

I was told going east is the right move.

I went east as my first... I spent 5 hours to get to the boss and beat him. Went north as my second, 40 minutes and was at the boss. Sadness.

Tenrius

It's been almost two years since Kentucky Route Zero Act III got released. Let us relive the memories of that day.

Anyway, it does look like each new act takes twice as much time as its predecessor:

January 7, 2013 (Act I)
May 31, 2013 (Act II)
May 6, 2014 (Act III)

They said it was almost done back in November, so maybe it releases this year at least (which would probably mean we'd be playing Act V as early as 2020)? They also posted this thing on their Twitter a few weeks back, looks pretty good.

Me too, of course, I was just jesting. Have you ever heard CHVRCHES? Not sure how to describe them, but all I know is that they're incredible.

Have you actually listened to them?

Sound like some sort of electronic indie rock. Not bad, but not my kind of thing.

yea just dont do it again

I only got one spider joke left in my system, no idea when or even if I'll unleash it.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
It's been almost two years since Kentucky Route Zero Act III got released. Let us relive the memories of that day.

Anyway, it does look like each new act takes twice as much time as its predecessor:

January 7, 2013 (Act I)
May 31, 2013 (Act II)
May 6, 2014 (Act III)

They said it was almost done back in November, so maybe it releases this year at least (which would probably mean we'd be playing Act V as early as 2020)? They also posted this thing on their Twitter a few weeks back, looks pretty good.

Tell Cheesecake about the long wait.

Rhaknar

January 7, 2013 (Act I)
May 31, 2013 (Act II)
May 6, 2014 (Act III)

the release disparity between episodes completely killed any momentum that game had going. I loved episode 1 but havent touched the rest (I think I played a bit of ep2...maybe? maybe even finished it, I have no clue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom