• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Gosh can't you just feel the excitement!?

f61x85x.jpg

So, another console maker hoping onto x86 bandwagon?
How soon till we get Nintendo games on Steam?

11xuhs.jpg

I doubt it.

They will have a handheld (or that NX "handheld"), that will save them. Doesnt Nintendo have that much money, that they can survive for years even if their plattforms wouldnt make any money?

That's no longer true. They lost most of the Wii and DS money with the WiiU.

For an MMO that's cheap.

huniecam is out today m8

I'm $1.58 cents short in my steam wallet to get it and I don't get paid till the 14th. What to do, what to do.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Soulflarz

Banned
Gosh can't you just feel the excitement!?

f61x85x.jpg

WHY

also, re: LiS2
Option Two: If Dontnod is not interested in making a sequel in a reasonable amount of time, then the money will be used to purchase whatever rights needed to the Life is Strange 2 and will sponsor another game developer; again with the same rules of using the same writers and voice as the original game.

lmao

mp1990

Banned
That's no longer true. They lost most of the Wii and DS money with the WiiU.
That's news for me, and I consider myself a pretty big Nintendo fan. Do you have anything backing that up?
To answer your question about what is and isn't hell,
that isn't actually the "last" boss. There are two more characters you have to beat the game with to actually see the whole story. The one you unlock after beating the game with Cadence is quite a bit easier to use, but the last one is a pain in the ass. Good luck.
Oh, I'm well aware of that, but I don't even cogitate going through each individual zone again with different characters just for some story bits (especially considering how silly and forgettable that aspect is in CotN), as much as I love this game :p

Dr.Social

Banned
So this guy's plan is to give "Dont Nod" $20,000 to make the game? Wow.

Or purchase the rights and fund a different developer

If Dontnod is not interested in making a sequel in a reasonable amount of time, then the money will be used to purchase whatever rights needed to the Life is Strange 2 and will sponsor another game developer; again with the same rules of using the same writers and voice as the original game.

They don't seem to have a plan if Dontnod doesn't sell

edit: beaten

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

God why -- MB-82AF37DB3387F5E2 - Taken by Purkake4
a fate worse than bad rats

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ubinota -- MB-E61BE4806DAF1CC0 - Taken by Jalal
pls stop with the mysterious anon stuff, kthx

Purkake4

Banned

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

God why -- MB-82AF37DB3387F5E2 - Taken by Purkake4
a fate worse than bad rats
The fate has already fallen upon me, I'll be happy to pass it on to further sacrifices.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

dead things may be underlings -- MB-EC88AECA6D6D8B8D - Taken by Chairmanchuck
make me

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

Tower Wars -- MB-8819D2B3B715A173 - Taken by voodooray
come on don't be a party pooper and just stop

ModBot Basics:

dead things may be underlings -- MB-EC88AECA6D6D8B8D - Taken by Chairmanchuck
make me

danganronpa8fpmi.jpg

What is this? I dont even...

It was Deadlings

Pachimari

SpeedRunners is leaving Early Access on the 19th.

It's launching with new features, including a full single player-campaign, new custom cosmetic trails (including ones you can buy and sell), and a Twitch betting system.

ezgif-3926854876.gif

Also: Why we gave away $2m worth of copies of SpeedRunners. Lots of sales data.

We should celebrate the launch with multiplayer sessions for a day.

Of course, I won't be home at the 19th though. :(

Also I like this feature:

Twitch Betting System:

After April 19, Twitch streamers will be able to activate Twitch betting in SpeedRunners, allowing their viewers to bet on who will win each match via the live Twitch chat.
Viewers can then spend these betting points on buying in-game modifiers for the streamer, such as making it rain rockets, mirroring the map, or making all the runners four times as fast.

Eila

I also think they also only gave away the youtuber DLC pack 2, makes it a bit tempting wanting to get the first pack.

Arthea

That still didnt make any sense after the ending of FFX.

"My boyfriend is dead/missing. Lets start an idol group!"

only...
spoilers of beginning of a game
it's not Yuna and that band has nothing to do with Yuna

so... you never played a game, because you get to know that right after game starts

Arthea

I started Dang today and it is even more insane then I expected it to be! And I expected total insanity.
but more to the point Spike Chunsoft (and Abstraction games) are my new heroes, cuz clear, huge, easily readable font, that's how you do VNs, kindly take notice indie devs.

Oh. It comes back to me. I really forgot much of that game.

sure

Knurek

I started Dang today and it is even more insane then I expected it to be! And I expected total insanity.
but more to the point Spike Chunsoft (and Abstraction games) are my new heroes, cuz clear, huge, easily readable font, that's how you do VNs, kindly take notice indie devs

I just wish they could use Enter for text progression, like, you know, each and every other VN out there.

Arthea

so we are finally at this point where if I buy Dang2 now I don't buy any more games this month. But what if FF9 releases this month? There is nothing else I absolutely must have as far as I can remember. What to do?

I just wish they could use Enter for text progression, like, you know, each and every other VN out there.

what are you talking about? mouse click progression ftw, which ones even use enter? honest question, I can't remember any as I use mouse always.

Grief.exe

I always play as the Sun Covenant for the first play through of Dark Souls so I can learn the bosses effectively, and then I solo them after I understand their move sets.

Be on the look out for my sign next week!

derExperte

Sold my Vita Danganronpa 2 which I've never played for 40€. Let's buy the Steam version which I'll never play, hope card prices are as good as they were with 1. Too bad those gem prices are ridiculous now.

Also Witness is GOTY, the rest is fighting for scraps, HL3 could release and wouldn't stand a chance.

Send him a pm, please don't discuss in thread.
At least not until I got my QB cheap.

Super Arcade Football has a new trailer for the early access launch. I think it captures the game pretty well. I've been testing it in single player and when you get a goal. Damn it feels good.

It's a two button arcadey game but has a lot of the stats and info graphics of modern games. Online multiplayer is on the way.

You can play dirty and as someone who only watches international football it's great. I haven't played a football game since International Super Star Soccer on the SNES and it's rubbing me the same way. Feels like they have a good foundation.

Many have tried capturing the Sensible Soccer spirit, all failed. This seems to be a good attempt though.

That's news for me, and I consider myself a pretty big Nintendo fan. Do you have anything backing that up?

You just have to look at Nintendo's financials. Remember how at the end of the Wii's life around 2012 they had 11 billion+ in the bank, debt free, and people claimed they could lose money for 30+ years? Well, Nintendo currently has about $4 billion in cash reserves and about $100 million in debt. Just a little bit less than before the Wii launched. Their net revenue has been in a free fall since peaking in 2008 is a quarter of what it was but their expensive have only increased. It's not doom and gloom. The NX could be amazing and a Wii like success. They just don't have room for another WiiU/Gamecube failure.

I always play as the Sun Covenant for the first play through of Dark Souls so I can learn the bosses effectively, and then I solo them after I understand their move sets.

Be on the look out for my sign next week!

Can't wait.

Looks like this releases at 630pm EST? That kind of blows.

Still taking a vacation day the following day.

Knurek

what are you talking about? mouse click progression ftw, which ones even use enter? honest question, I can't remember any as I use mouse always.

All of them.
Seriously, all of them.
From random Japanese VN, to Ren'Py OELVN, to RPG Maker/Wolf Maker adventure games.
(Makes it easier to use DS4+Joy2Key to forward the text for comfy couch reading)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom