• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a spoiler to a game that's coming to steam some time soon, do you think it's wise to spoil it, 12 years old or not? Even if you find it forgettable, it's a great game that many will play most likely.

that's true
and it has shitload of secrets and girls powerz too.
everybody should play it.

Sorry for that. Changed it.

I still think FFX was far better than X-2. And had the superior soundtrack! ;)

Knurek

That's a spoiler to a game that's coming to steam some time soon, do you think it's wise to spoil it, 12 years old or not? Even if you find it forgettable, it's a great game that many will play most likely.

Aeris dies before end of CD1
LeChuck is Guybrush's brother.
Gabriel Knight doesn't ever boink Grace in any of the three games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
sees FFX / X2 talk a few pages back, gets excited, checks steam, nothing...

fuck all of you ;_;

Arthea

Aeris dies before end of CD1
LeChuck is Guybrush's brother.
Gabriel Knight doesn't ever boink Grace in any of the three games.
you don't say!
a spoiler is a spoiler and as new people are born every day, not everybody knows everything, no matter how old and some of those new people get every half decent game spoiled on internets, poor souls that they are.

Vlad

That's news for me, and I consider myself a pretty big Nintendo fan. Do you have anything backing that up?

Oh, I'm well aware of that, but I don't even cogitate going through each individual zone again with different characters just for some story bits (especially considering how silly and forgettable that aspect is in CotN), as much as I love this game :p

One thing to keep in mind is that the runs aren't exactly the same with the next two characters. The second one
has a different final boss
and the third one
actually does the zones in reverse order, with enemies from previous zones (so when you get back up to zone 1, you're fighting enemies from all four zones at once in it), and also has a different final boss, which is the one I'm currently stuck at

redlacs

http://womb-room.com/

Free Womb-Room steam key.

womb.png

time to download more RAM

mp1990

Banned
One thing to keep in mind is that the runs aren't exactly the same with the next two characters. The second one
has a different final boss
and the third one
actually does the zones in reverse order, with enemies from previous zones (so when you get back up to zone 1, you're fighting enemies from all four zones at once in it), and also has a different final boss, which is the one I'm currently stuck at
Just for curiosity, how many hours have you clocked in it already? I'm currently sitting at 21h, but at this pace I could see myself getting done with it around 32 or 35.

ExoSoul

Banned
you don't say!
a spoiler is a spoiler and as new people are born every day, not everybody knows everything, no matter how old and some of those new people get every half decent game spoiled on internets, poor souls that they are.

When will people understand this?
Not everyone had the same experience as you at the same time.

Teggy

Well I finished Fallout 4. I'm unhappy with my decisions and the way everyone reacted to me in the end :( Now I just want to play it again. But I won't just yet.

so...Pillars of Eternity or Divinity EE?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Well I finished Fallout 4. I'm unhappy with my decisions and the way everyone reacted to me in the end :( Now I just want to play it again. But I won't just yet.

One is heavily lore and role playing oriented. The other is heavily gameplay oriented. Which suits your mood better?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
someone was raving about Odallus in the Slain thread saying "you want a good one of these, this game is amazing", anyone played it? 50% off isnt as deep as I would want, but at the ame time I could really go for a good one of those

Phinor

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about Fallout 4 ending. Regardless of what you do, it all goes to shit. That's when/why the game dropped from pretty good to disappointment of last year for me, they got completely lazy towards the end with content and writing.

On the positive side you have to excellent games on your list. Honestly I wouldn't know how to choose between those two other than to maybe start both, play like half an hour and see what your mood is. Rolling a dice would also do the job.

Vlad

Just for curiosity, how many hours have you clocked in it already? I'm currently sitting at 21h, but at this pace I could see myself getting done with it around 32 or 35.

I'm at about 50 hours right now, but I beat the game with Cadence a while ago. Just as a warning, the difficulty on the last of the three "main" characters jumps way, way up.

While the second character has some good sides and bad sides, the last character is purely an exercise in insane difficulty. If you want to know why,
she dies in a single hit, can only use the dagger, and will die if you miss any beat for any reason, so you have to be constantly moving or doing something like digging. She does start with a potion (so you can take an extra hit or missed beat before dying), and that necklace that prevents spirits from spawning. Also, the item pool is tweaked so items won't drop that are entirely useless, like healing items, other weapons, and so on.

As bad as that sounds, it's manageable with some practice, and beating each zone feels like a huge victory.

That said, my own personal benchmark for being "done" with CotN is beating the last boss with the last character, and that's it. There's that "story mode" where you have to beat the game with all three characters in a single run, but fuck that. Same for the eventual "all chars mode".

Lain

Was this bundle posted yet?

New Reality Bundle
TIER 1 - $2.49
Rabiez: Epidemic
City of Chains
Incitement 3
AI: Rampage
Atonement: Scourge of Time
Data Hacker: Reboot
Data Hacker: Initiation
Invasion: Brain Craving
Pulsecharge
Elements: Soul of Fire
Dead6hot
Data Hacker: Corruption
Love is Blind

TIER 2 - Only $5.99 to grab the Studio Pack!
New Reality Studio Pack
Please choose your tier carefully - you won't be able to upgrade later - and make sure to redeem your Studio Pack key first as this includes all games in tier 1!

sadblob

If you have someone to coop, Divinity is the way to go

Ozium

enter the gungeon another game that gets a midnight PS4 release and store update time on steam

devs can't keep getting away with this

Salsa

im worried about Gungeon being too much of a co-op thing, when it only has local

game seems like Isaac and similar roguelikes so that's hype, but they really push the co-op aspect

i'll be playing alone

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Paper Dungeons -- MB-8AFB8A910234B82D - Taken by derExperte
99 Levels to Hell -- MB-F23EC41EE54C22B9 - Taken by bloke
Star Box RPG -- MB-2B8F052F68AEFEC4 - Taken by Deques

Nabs

im worried about Gungeon being too much of a co-op thing, when it only has local

game seems like Isaac and similar roguelikes so that's hype, but they really push the co-op aspect

i'll be playing alone

I'm pretty sure they designed the game to be played alone, and added in co-op because people kept asking for it. Something like that.

Tizoc

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 1 PC ver. is shaping up nicely.
Yeah it still looks like a PS2 era game but I think they're touching up the textures and they look really nice.

derExperte

Max only gets better the longer you play, some of the later missions are great and the story ends up being better than I ever expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom