• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Mad Max was great. 80 hours and 100% cpmpletion, game is great fun.

M1NwhaF.png

new modbot functionality: every time a post has "I recommend" or "is great" in the body, automatically post a screen of user's recent activity so we can disregard opinion accordingly

Salsa

i'll go back to Max soon enough but the biggest reason for it is that such a polished engine and version of the game elevates it to heights where I enjoy playing it, as repetitive as it was getting

that shit looks gorgeous and runs at 129308908fps on my 2gig card

brau

i'll go back to Max soon enough but the biggest reason for it is that such a polished engine and version of the game elevates it to heights where I enjoy playing it, as repetitive as it was getting

that shit looks rogeous and runs at 129308908fps on my 2gig card

It is a very impressive looking game, and its so well optimized. Unlike JC3. Such a weird turn of events. MM hyped me even more for JC3 only to let me down. Still waiting on patches to fix things in JC3.

Salsa

also I was talking with jason that the highest graphic settings for the game are called ULTRA

really?

you don't go with MAX?

on your Mad Max game?

it should be "Max" preset and Ultra called "MAD MAX"

avalanche you shits

Salsa

Ass Creed Syndicate really is a left turn huh

im spending a lot of time splinter-celling indoors and I have a fuckin grappling hook that climbs automatically

and it has Batman combat and im grand thieving cars

this even ass creed still

dont get me wrong: im not complaining at all

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Womb Room -- MB-6CA01BFBB5B5B04D - Taken by FiveElementNinja

Kiru

also I was talking with jason that the highest graphic settings for the game are called ULTRA

really?

you don't go with MAX?

on your Mad Max game?

avalanche you shits

Confused. There was MAX available when I played it:

EDIT: Oh you mean the PRESET name

OmarYusaf

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I don't even want it anymore.

Phooey.

Jalal

really?

you don't go with MAX?

on your Mad Max game?

avalanche you shits

Damn, makes too much sense. Missed opportunity.

ModBot Basics:

It was used, but thanks anyway.

Codes stopped working once they added the store discount.

I figured that. Was hoping for the best. So long, Deluxe Edition impulse buy.

This will be the first Souls game (aside from Demon's) that I won't play at launch. I'll catch it down the road.

neonglow

I'm buying way too many bundles. I'm averaging about 100 games a month just from participating in all the IndieGala happy hour bundles. It's like 10-12 games for a buck.

Mostly it's like 1 game that interests me and the rest are filler. Have you guys come to a point where you stop getting all the low quality bundles?

Ozium

can't wait for all the 'mad max is great' people to post about how they are burned out on the game 1/3 the way through

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm buying way too many bundles. I'm averaging about 100 games a month just from participating in all the IndieGala happy hour bundles. It's like 10-12 games for a buck.

Mostly it's like 1 game that interests me and the rest are filler. Have you guys come to a point where you stop getting all the low quality bundles?

Yes, but I didn't come to that realization until I hit about 3,000 games. Now I figure if there is a game I know I will legitimately play in a bundle that costs less than that game alone, I'll buy it. If not, I'll pass. Surprisingly enough, I went from buying about 10-15 bundles a month (because: cheap games) to maybe once a month.

I guess I eventually just got to the point where I realized there was no time to play all these games, even though I slowed my bundle purchases I still haven't touched 90% of my library.

Jawmuncher

Yes, but I didn't come to that realization until I hit about 3,000 games. Now I figure if there is a game I know I will legitimately play in a bundle that costs less than that game alone, I'll buy it. If not, I'll pass. Surprisingly enough, I went from buying about 10-15 bundles a month (because: cheap games) to maybe once a month.

I guess I eventually just got to the point where I realized there was no time to play all these games, even though I slowed my bundle purchases I still haven't touched 90% of my library.

I've gotten a bit more picky about my bundle purchases as well.

Annubis

can't wait for all the 'mad max is great' people to post about how they are burned out on the game 1/3 the way through

Did I ever tell you what the definition of Mad Max is? Mad Max is doing the exact same fucking thing over and over again expecting shit to change...

I haven't played the game

ViviOggi

These days I couldn't care less about not finishing open world games, usually the narrative is trashé so if I get my 10 hours of enjoyment out of them all's right with the world, anything more is a bonus. Plus a non-animu SteamGAFfer claiming the plot to be good is intriguing to say the least.

I think I might have an abusive relationship with fighting games; I enjoy playing them vs other people (despite being arse at them), enjoy watching better players go at it, and I even enjoy the training room grind. But I also stress over playing them, and I somehow end up feeling guilty when I'm not playing or practicing, to the detriment of the long list of other games (old and new) that I want to play. So I think I think me and fighting games will have to see other people for a while. Speaking of which, I've started playing ENSLAVED™: Odyssey to the West™ (no seriously, that's the title on Steam), a game that I've been wanting to have a go at for a long time. Turns out that I should have done so a long time ago, as it is one of those games that make the post-apocalypse look like a good time, including the ruined remains of New York:

The game is a not very complex brawler with some light Sands of Time like traversal, and a character relationship somewhat reminiscent of that game as well, though the game-play is not as strong as SOT, making the story, characters, and set-pieces the main draw for me in this case. The story is based on an old Chinese work of literature (Journey to the West), though probably very loosely, and I've been enjoying this game enough to consider picking up a translation of the original work so that I can see just how much they took from it. However, the combat has gotten a bit repetitive after 5 hours, and both it and the traversal suffer due the the camera controls. But when the traversal flows it flows well, and I am enjoying the interactions between the (reluctant) main character, Monkey, and the other character.

As a side note, you can apparently unlock a "sexy" robot costume for the female character, though that costume looks more like some sort of body horror than "sexy" (contains a few, slight early-game spoilers).

Ozium

These days I couldn't care less about not finishing open world games, usually the narrative is trashé so if I get my 10 hours of enjoyment out of them all's right with the world, anything more is a bonus. Plus a non-animu SteamGAFfer claiming the plot to be good is intriguing to say the least.

just focus on the main missons then and fuck all the side shit

the plot is better than fury road

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

same here. seems that the 3k mark is the "what the fuck am I doing with my life" trigger >_>

edit: Enter The Gungeon shooting up the chrts like a bullet

xist

I know everyone already has it but....

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xist, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Particula -- MB-4A10E666B70FDB1F - Taken by Vuze

Ucchedavāda;200141694 said:
I think I might have an abusive relationship with fighting games; I enjoy playing them vs other people (despite being arse at them), enjoy watching better players go at it, and I even enjoy the training room grind. But I also stress over playing them, and I somehow end up feeling guilty when I'm not playing or practicing, to the detriment of the long list of other games (old and new) that I want to play. So I think I think me and fighting games will have to see other people for a while. Speaking of which, I've started playing ENSLAVED™: Odyssey to the West™ (no seriously, that's the title on Steam), a game that I've been wanting to have a go at for a long time. Turns out that I should have done so a long time ago, as it is one of those games that make the post-apocalypse look like a good time, including the ruined remains of New York:

The game is a not very complex brawler with some light Sands of Time like traversal, and a character relationship somewhat reminiscent of that game as well, though the game-play is not as strong as SOT, making the story, characters, and set-pieces the main draw for me in this case. The story is based on an old Chinese work of literature (Journey to the West), though probably very loosely, and I've been enjoying this game enough to consider picking up a translation of the original work so that I can see just how much they took from it. However, the combat has gotten a bit repetitive after 5 hours, and both it and the traversal suffer due the the camera controls. But when the traversal flows it flows well, and I am enjoying the interactions between the (reluctant) main character, Monkey, and the other character.

As a side note, you can apparently unlock a "sexy" robot costume for the female character, though that costume looks more like some sort of body horror than "sexy" (contains a few, slight early-game spoilers).

one of my favorites from last gen and then again on PC. Gorgeous game.

Teggy

I think I might have asked this before but forgot the answer. Does White March follow on the end of Pillars or does it fit somewhere inside the game?

Annubis

What's the name of that furry RPG and is it coming out this year?
That could end up pretty big. Especially if it comes out soon with Zootopia being the rage.

I think I might have asked this before but forgot the answer. Does White March follow on the end of Pillars or does it fit somewhere inside the game?

Fits inside. The end without the expansion is still the end.

I always forget just how complicated making a character/build is in Baldur's Gate. There's just so many considerations...
Strange.

I bounced hard off of Divinity.

And Pillars now sits on my favorite RPGs of all time list.

The final third of Pillars was a hardcore letdown to me, both story- and gameplay-wise. This was before all of the patching and balancing they did post-release, not to menton the expansions; it went from a "great" game in my mind, to merely a "good" game. The backer NPCs also got bothersome, shattering whatever immersion there was. It's a great foundation for a franchise--I'll give it that.

Divinity, meanwhile, was a joy the entire time I played it (though I haven't actually gotten around to beating it yet...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom