• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnor

Banned
I guess Quantum Break has the shittiest mouse acceleration ever created? Not even Binary Domain was better with a gamepad.

Seems that the SOTFS version of dark souls 2 is a bit tougher than the vanilla version. I never played vanilla and I have finished both demon's souls and dark souls and I'm getting my ass handed to me a bunch. I only managed to get to the bonfire with the little lady next to it after 3 hours. Didn't even reach a boss fight before I just decided I had enough for the day.

Shit just seems really rough right now, like I'm playing a new game plus version of the game or something.

Like, when I parry, does the game not do the thing where your attack fucks up the enemy? The enemy just gets stunned and I hit them with regular attacks.

Nabs

36n2d3V.gif

Salsa

I liked Binary Domain better with a controller cause I couldnt truly appreciate Big Bo's greatness unless I was completely laid the fuck back

MUnited83

For you.
Seems that the SOTFS version of dark souls 2 is a bit tougher than the vanilla version. I never played vanilla and I have finished both demon's souls and dark souls and I'm getting my ass handed to me a bunch. I only managed to get to the bonfire with the little lady next to it after 3 hours. Didn't even reach a boss fight before I just decided I had enough for the day.

Shit just seems really rough right now, like I'm playing a new game plus version of the game or something.

Like, when I parry, does the game not do the thing where your attack fucks up the enemy? The enemy just gets stunned and I hit them with regular attacks.

Yes, that's still in. Dunno how you're missing it. Try hitting the attack button when doing that but don't use the analog while doing it.

You're thinking of the backstab, position yourself behind the guy and normal attack. I don't even bother with parry, too risky.

Adnor

Banned
The mouse acceleration in BD was so bad that I almost played it with a gamepad. Almost.

Sadly I find it frustrating to aim with the analog sticks, too slow and clumsy after playing with KB/M my entire life, so I can't just laid back and relax with a shooter :(

BHK3

Banned
You really can't. The motherboard switch would almost certainly have forced you to do a new windows install anyway, even if you were staying with windows 7. I'd just do the windows 10 install on the new drive and then just dig through the content on the old drive at your leisure. You'll probably find that you can just access everything where it is on the old drive just fine where it is, and just leave it there, that's what I ended up with.

Would My Computer just have another C drive when I install the old HDD into the new comp? From what google says Foobar does save everything but it's saying it's in %APPDATA%\foobar2000 which I'm not sure will display from a different location, I really just need my playlists more than anything.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Checking out the upcoming games. All I see are VR games. Christ.

Embrace the future people.

Well the currently upcoming games are a bit skewed at the moment, since a total of 47 games were targeting the "launch day" release of the Vive, which is tomorrow.

Ozium

Well the currently upcoming games are a bit skewed at the moment, since a total of 47 games were targeting the "launch day" release of the Vive, which is tomorrow.

does the vive really come out tomorrow? I haven't seen any fanfare or hype threads... maybe the oculus launch took it all :/

Tomorrow's going to be quite a day. Giant Bomb will be streaming the launch lineup all day; it's going to be glorious. (I don't think they're going home.)

I can't wait to vicariously embrace VR. Y'know, from a safe distance.

Salsa

so the PC version of Quantum Break doesnt even have a release date

they said a 24 hour window on April 5th, supposedly, and that dont worry they'll "tweet when its live"

what the fuck is this

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
does the vive really come out tomorrow? I haven't seen any fanfare or hype threads... maybe the oculus launch took it all :/

Launch thread is here

The hype is pretty low (I think) because VR of this type is such a new gaming paradigm. Most older folks, like myself, typically think of stuff like the VR of the 90s and the Virtual Boy, and new headsets like the Vive are nothing like that. VR is also something that people have to experience for themselves to "get".

If it weren't for the outrageous $800 price tag, I would have loved to pick up a headset and give it a try.

yuraya

There are several directions you can go in the beginning of the game. If you are having a hard time in that area just go and explore elsewhere. Come back later when you've gotten the hang of things.

Salsa

people are legit giving me shit for the title of that Quantum Break no quit button thread cause I wrote "gotta alt F4"

the argument being that you can also move your mouse to the top left and wait for a few seconds for an X to appear on the windows app so thread is wrong

am i on tumblr cause ive lost the ability toucan

Nabs

people are legit giving me shit for the title of that Quantum Break no quit button thread cause I wrote "gotta alt F4"

the argument being that you can also move your mouse to the top left and wait for a few seconds for an X to appear on the windows app so thread is wrong

Leave Microsoft Alone!

Adnor

Banned
The main thing I've learned with all these Microsoft ports, UWP and Windows Store threads is that there are a lot more PC gamers in GAF that I thought.

Or that people are really opinionated about a platform they didn't care about before.

The Hermit

Launch thread is here

The hype is pretty low (I think) because VR of this type is such a new gaming paradigm. Most older folks, like myself, typically think of stuff like the VR of the 90s and the Virtual Boy, and new headsets like the Vive are nothing like that. VR is also something that people have to experience for themselves to "get".

If it weren't for the outrageous $800 price tag, I would have loved to pick up a headset and give it a try.

the price is the real killer now, but I have no doubt it will be huge.

2 things I could bet all my saving right now: electric cars and VR. ( I am really thinking about it actually...)

Ozium

jshackles please help a fellow steamgaffer out and edit that title!

Quantum Break PC has no "Quit" option on Menu. Gotta Alt-F4

to

Quantum Break PC: No "Quit" option, Gotta Alt-F4 or Use A MOUSE; Possible Dark Souls III Spoilers

just say April 5th then

what a weird ass way of putting it if it's just a regular release

"we're trying this new platform thing people kinda dont like so lets just confuse them"

I mean, devs and pubs treat PC gamers like a second class citizen all the time. This kind of thing doesn't surprise me at all.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Deletion -- MB-2A552E578D8F3DA5 - Taken by Loptous

Salsa

worst part about all this is im hyped as fuck for Quantum Break and i'd love to be playing it right this second like this xbone people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom