• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh right, Effigies can be rare early on. Like bosstone said, you can go to other areas and tackle the Sentinels later on.

yeah, I'm like whoring myself out to others in the game for a resurrection/enough souls to either level up or buy one of the last few effigies left.

I decided that my time is worth more than trying to bash my stupid head against this boss and just go to the tower of heidi instead for a while. I might have leveled up so much trying to beat the sentinels that I made the tower easier for myself now. I guess I'll find out when i get home from work later today.

Divinity is too hard, no matter where I go, enemies always kill me. I'm playing on Explorer.

http://imgur.com/a/uK4zS#0

Contains obvious spoilers about maps, but is the guide I followed so I was in the right area at about the right time. Also, summons!

I found it hardest at the start, the difference between the level 3-4 area and the level 5 area was crazy, they smooth out a little towards the end.

What is this The Division crafting nerf?

Crafting
  • Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:
  • 10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
  • 15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
  • 10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item
  • Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:
  • Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2
  • Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2
  • Added new level 31 and 32 High-End items Blueprints to Vendors
  • Removed Division Tech requirements from some level 31 High-End Blueprints

This post puts the conversion in simpler terms.

BTW, I finished listening to the Division podcast. No info on the crafting changes.

Optimistically, I'm thinking changes to drop rates and/or the rewards from the incoming weekly and daily assignments will make up for the apparent nerf. Realistically, it's looking like a bad misstep toward a disgusting forced grind.

Anno

Divinity is too hard, no matter where I go, enemies always kill me. I'm playing on Explorer.

Go west from town, but probably not before you get to level 3 if possible. One level makes a pretty significant difference. And yeah the games difficulty is biased towards the start a bit. A character with a summon magic can help smooth things quite a bit.

Jazz573

A foil card dropped. From a Neptunia game.

Somebody hold me.

NEP!

tumblr_nkfr27M3lv1uofb9ho1_500.png

Low Spec Gaming shows how to use the tool to unlock the ini for Transformers War for Cybertron, but on Deadpool.

I was looking for this and just happened upon it. It turns out High Moon plus Activision equals awful graphics options and locking down the config files.

I think Tizoc was looking for this. Maybe it was someone else.
The whole idea of the channel is interesting.

Gratuitous Space Battles 2 is currently on sale for a whopping $1.99 (80% off). I see the reviews are listed as Mixed on the Steam page.

Any GAF reaction to this one?

yeah, I'm like whoring myself out to others in the game for a resurrection/enough souls to either level up or buy one of the last few effigies left.

I decided that my time is worth more than trying to bash my stupid head against this boss and just go to the tower of heidi instead for a while. I might have leveled up so much trying to beat the sentinels that I made the tower easier for myself now. I guess I'll find out when i get home from work later today.

You should definitely do Heide's Tower before Lost Bastille, possibly No-Man's Wharf too.

Amzin

I can't look at Steam at work, are those Sherlock games any fun at all? I'm a huge Holmes' fan but only played the newest 2 games.

Erekiddo

Purchased WindowBlinds last night. Worth it, if not just for the resized minimize, maximize and close button in browser windows.

I'm playing in coop with a friend, I found a location with a robot which insta-kill us. But yeah, I only find enemies 1 or 2 levels higher than me.

Enemies even one level above you will be hard. Two or more levels will be almost impossible to deal with. Make sure you do all the quests within the city of Cyseal before you venture out. There's a lot of XP to be had there so just talk to everyone.

EDIT - From what I remember the robot is quest related. Go visit the wizard in Cyseal. He lives above the barracks I believe.

Ozium

I am pleased about that stump post. Spoiler culture is completely out of control in my opinion. Ill give you story content and whatnot, but if you whine because you saw a gameplay mechanic spoiled, or a weapon name in a game with hundreds of weapons or something, you need to re evaluate your life.

I will never forget people throwing a fit because people said the last boss of Diablo 3 was Diablo

there are people in Mario threads who throw a shit fit if Bowser is mentioned as being the final boss

rtcn63

Last bosses are kinda iffy. I mean, what if the last boss of a Zelda game turned out not be a giant angry pig? I'm sure there have been memorable moments where the final boss wasn't who people were expecting. Spoiling it would ruin any semblance of surprise. Like, "Here comes a new challenger" shit.

Tizoc

You know for all your claims that you avoid GD to spare yourselves reading stupid posts, you have a penchant for making such stupid posts in here.

games are about the journey anyhow. the destination (ending) being decent is a plus but some of my favorite game experiences come from moments in a game and not the end of them.

Like, i remember things i did in dishonored or a hitman game but I can't really remember how those experiences ended. Yet i love them anyhow

The sidequests in Division are Ubi-tier (no wonder though).

Go there, kill everyone, finished.
Go there, click something, go there, kill some people, finished.

Erekiddo

I cannot understand people's sensitivity concerning spoilers for mundane things like that.

I ESPECIALLY cannot understand people's sensitivity concerning spoilers for games that are old. I've seen get someone upset over Final Fantasy 8 story progression spoilers.

Really? Really?

bakeray

I mean, this is pretty much every MMO. The only MMOesque game I've played that's had unique quests since WoW has been The Secret World. too bad funcom sucks as a company.

I cannot understand people's sensitivity concerning spoilers for mundane things like that.

I ESPECIALLY cannot understand people's sensitivity concerning spoilers for games that are old. I've seen get someone upset over Final Fantasy 8 story progression spoilers.

Really? Really?

i've been warned by posters in here for spoiling the ending to Braid, a game that's 8 years old.

That means there were people starting elementary school when it came out that would be in high school by the time I spoiled the ending.

I mean cmon now, what's the statue of limitations on this stuff?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

you don't click anything..

you hold F

pay respect

jesus christ why don't the two of you just duct-tape me to a chair and play the fucking game for me while you're at it.

please?

Anteater

Does the scenery change btw.? I mean the whole game looks the same till now. I am level 15 now and everything looks kinda the same.

I think I'm around lvl14 or so you probably played more than me :p

Don't know if the scenery change later, I heard there are a bit more enemy variety later though. There were a lot of those flamethrower dudes and whatever with different amount of hp from what I've played so far.

Jawmuncher

Hey so I was wondering if anyone here had experience ordering games from Gamestop? I have 60$ amazon credit and I want to buy Dark Souls 3 but I can't find a digital listing on the US site so I figured I could just buy a gamestop gift card then buy it on there. Would they deliver the code for the game right now or would I have to wait for the 12th to get my code. EDIT: Also I'm assuming it would be on steam.

Codes are steam and emailed from gamestop.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
If I was to get Gears 4 on PC, can I play it online with friends who are playing on the XB1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom