• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
CfXyyvjW4AAdh-O.jpg

Their reason for no RB on PC.

Endruen

FTL, Invisible Inc, Rogue Legacy, Crypt of Necro, Don't Starve, Sunless Sea, Darkest Dungeon, Spelunky are some that I can think of now. Bolded ones are my favourites.

FTL is so awesome! I love it! I have it on iPad and PC and I play the shit out of it. I would love a coop FTL which each one using a crew member. That's why I'm keeping an eye to Pulsar: Lost Colony.

CfXyyvjW4AAdh-O.jpg

Fuck off HMX. You had your fucking chance. You give us a port of an incomplete game 8 years after you should've already embraced the platform and try to turn the blame on us? I might be done with these guys, honestly.

Might be thread worthy or at least worth posting in that RB PC is about to fail thread.

These should* all work. Sorry if not. No clue why I collect all these promos, I don't even care about +1s.
Eh, forgot to wrote No Thanks.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 29 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No thanks needed.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rubber and Lead -- MB-72644C3E66CEA1BB - Taken by darkchewie. 5 entrants total.
The Deer -- MB-654103B5E93B154C - Taken by ussjtrunks. 1 entrants total.
Cult of the Wind -- MB-7A1F53E144F48DDD - Taken by OmarYusaf. 1 entrants total.
Love is Blind: Mutants -- MB-63EE2E287A8B41A0 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Omikron: Nomad Soul -- MB-ABF680A9836361C8 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
Secret Ponchos -- MB-AD0D4BBD785E2048 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 5 entrants total.
Absconding Zatwor -- MB-CA62EEDD17D7519A - Taken by kurahador. 1 entrants total.
The Deer God -- MB-59A7074445898509 - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.
DogFighter -- MB-00E12A5557191830
Lovely Planet -- MB-7B457AE161184D4D - Taken by Madridista. 3 entrants total.
Run Run And Die -- MB-44E3F80A6ED3EDA5
Shot In The Dark -- MB-A9D999E57EB606A3 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Quick Slick Deadly -- MB-0687C7DA717E7623 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Time Gentlemen, Please! & Ben There, Dan that! -- MB-4242081B8410748B - Taken by Dr.Social. 1 entrants total.
Rhino's Rage -- MB-5D9BE2A4563513C9 - Taken by r3n4ud. 1 entrants total.
Avencast: Rise of the Mage -- MB-8D3E6C5CEFD6A9DA - Taken by Drayco21. 1 entrants total.
Under Zero -- MB-0DD6597E627186D2 - Taken by bloke. 2 entrants total.
X-Blades -- MB-3B54EA010FD33BDF
Dark Shadows - Army of Evil -- MB-CE67A5B7A20DAE83 - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Journey to the center of the Earth -- MB-66DDB6385DBA87F7 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
Keen Dreams -- MB-355E17DB7F33C005 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Forbidden Planet #2 -- MB-E8309310B44EF69B - Taken by Regginator. 2 entrants total.
Forbidden Planet -- MB-B5A82117ED00A6EE - Taken by Jalal. 5 entrants total.
Pilot Crusader -- MB-8DF0966E01DBA020 - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.
Potatoman Seeks the Troof -- MB-A778CE5332C46250 - Taken by Ben652. 1 entrants total.
Pid -- MB-01134913896D1ED4 - Taken by Goldensun_it. 1 entrants total. - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-3C06CDB0360952B1 - Taken by Chucker. 1 entrants total.
Your Quest -- MB-25460AC32F49AB38 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Solar Division -- MB-1E43F108F12EB3E5 - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total.

t1459960445z1.png

Drakhyrr

The Three Musketeers is over a hundred years old, and I can tell you a lot of people are going to read it for the first time in the next few months.

Hyperbolic example aside, there will always be someone late for a game, and the game's story will become relevant the moment it's played, even if it wasn't for the time the game was sitting in the backlog.

I, for one, have not yet played the expansion for Diablo 3. But I intend to. There are a lot of games coming out nowadays, and I will not have time for all of them. But I may get to any of them later.

Spoilers must be avoided, always. Perhaps a little less so for the more mainstream games, but still, avoid them. One might be surprised many years later by a game one ignored at launch. Not being spoiled will help that moment stay special whenever it happens.

Grief.exe

"There's not enough people to back an old port of a game when we have the means for this".

Harmonix has been struggling heavily the past couple of years. They have been cancelling games and laying off development staff.

Rock Band 4 could have been easily successful on PC but they truly botched the campaign.

1500 people raised 800k for a late port of a game that is seen by many as being unfinished, with next to no marketing.

The majority of that amount was investors.

Jawmuncher

Whatever HMX. Not saying you should go bankrupt to release the port. But damn I don't think it's fair to blame us when you had all this time to bring the series to PC.

JarrodL

But you've failed to prioritize playing a game that was released nearly 20 years ago. And instead of being personally accountable you're trying to make it someone else's problem. Instead of trying to change how people casually interact with each other, either play the game or realize you don't really care about playing the game.

There are lots of of great ancient / old games I'd like to play. But I don't want to play ONLY old games, which is what I'll end up doing if I follow your logic. And how do I prioritize between Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Suikoden, Persona, Atelier, Fire Emblem, Ar Tonelico, Ico and dozens of other JRPG series I haven't played? Which ones do I care about and which ones I don't? Are they more or less important than the Dead Space and God of War series I'm yet to try? I have no idea, I haven't played them.

I'm not trying to make it your problem, I was originally answering a question about why would someone care about spoilers for older games. If using spoiler tags poses such a serious problem for you, by all means, go ahead and post spoilers - I won't cry. But please don't act like it is meaningless and stupid idea to use them - I hope I have provided a reasonable enough explanation why someone would care about such a thing.

Arthea

and the same thing happens with films and books: after a few years, it's open season for spoilers.

Yet rarely is there a group of folks up in arms with their pitchforks. There's an understanding that if you took years to get to something, then it's on you. Pop culture and society as a whole isn't going to coddle you and wait around until you finally set aside some time to do some catching up of your own.

I knew that Snape killed Dumbledore ages before i watched those films, it was fine. Without context or any investment in the series, it meant nothing. And even when i did watch the films, it still had zero meaning to me because I had no context at all as to the why or how.

I get it if it was something recent, like I was happy that i managed to avoid spoilers for Life is Strange for example. But there were gifs and comments everywhere about warren and smoking and all sorts of shit that meant nothing and meh. Even if i knew the end, the journey ended up being so good that i still would've loved the game. But i was happy to not have that spoiled, that very recent thing that came out less than a year ago

It makes no sense. Why do you react like putting some text into spoiler tags is unbearable hardship? It takes close to no effort, you can discuss any game in spoiler tags, any plot twist, any gameplay mechanics for even new games in spoiler tags, I did it countless of times, yet it didn't kill me as you can see.
What's so hard in about being slightly concerned about other people's fun?

You basically never visited any literature boards, there is no time limit on major spoilers, unless it's a spoiler thread. Even if you pretend that everybody is around your age and had your life and experiences you just have to go outside or talk to somebody to see how wrong you are.

More importantly you can make an unmarked spoiler thread pretty much for anything and discuss it there without those so hard to use spoiler tags.

I really can\t comprehend your stance on this, it is as if you are saying if some people are jerks about spoilers on internet or rl, we all should follow that example.

Some people don't care about spoilers, some do, some don't care about games, some do, if some don't care about games, does it mean that games are unnecessary or useless? Or useless when old?

The majority of that amount was investors.

What kind of people are going to invest in Rock Band crowdfunding campaign but Rock Band superfans?

Really dumb investors, that's who, but I'm confident that some of those investors are really into the series. And the superfans, the whales are the ones keeping the series alive.

mp1990

Banned
I've been playing the hell out of Nuclear Throne, love the game.

Now I've got a taste for roguelike games. Any recommendations?

I've had my eye on Dungeon Souls for awhile.
Buy Crypt of the Necrodancer and you'll never have to worry about buying other games again. It'll consume you.

SSPssp

BS Extras + 1 Groupees:

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-9ADD67E3DF0816AE
Spy Chameleon RGB Agent -- MB-AD34A9591BCC61CE - Taken by Saty
Recursion Deluxe -- MB-7A64E2A36EF2078F - Taken by Purkake4

Okami was released 20 April 2006 in Japan on the PS2

It'll be its 10th anniversary soon, where's my PC port Capcom.

Ask the Capcom guy on GAF :")
I keep asking/bothering him for my 5 Capcom games: Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick, God Hand, Okami and Asura's Wrath :")

Doomedfool

CfXyyvjW4AAdh-O.jpg

Sigh. I guess I am part of the problem. I would have gladly given them money for a finished product, but I didn't want to deal with this crowdfunding mess of their.

I have no problem playing this type of game on the pc. Hell, my first jump into the plastic instrument game was Guitar Heroes 3 on the pc, since I didn't have a 360 or ps3 at the time.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
There are lots of of great ancient / old games I'd like to play. But I don't want to play ONLY old games, which is what I'll end up doing if I follow your logic. And how do I prioritize between Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Suikoden, Persona, Atelier, Fire Emblem, Ar Tonelico, Ico and dozens of other JRPG series I haven't played? Which ones do I care about and which ones I don't? I have no idea, I haven't played them.

I don't understand the feeling of needing to play everything, I guess. It's an endless chase and an ultimately fruitless endeavor because you simply can't play everything. The more we talk the more it sounds like I'm doing you a favor by completely spoiling games. At least then you'll be released from the feeling of having to play them all.

The problem I have is that you're asking for people to edit themselves when they talk in a very, very common way: making references or allusions to broader culture. You're also suggesting something fairly extreme: that all media be considered spoilers.

Do you really think I should be using spoiler tags when talking about the Bible? If not, why? What if someone is earnestly reading it for the first time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom