• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man the one game I want from Microsoft is gonna get a fucked up PC version, I can feel it.

Well maybe not since Platinum insists on porting their own games after Bayonetta...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
opinions. its so weird how they differ. truly bizarre

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I liked Blighttown.
I thought I was the only one.
I never encountered any framerate problems while exploring it, that might have helped.

It's a really diverse area that feels huge, but never becomes too confusing like The Valley of Defilement, and it contains some of the game's coolest secrets.
does anyone like poison areas? fucking hate those things. I haven't gotten to it in Dark Souls 2 but i imagine it's there because of course it is
There is, but it's super short and easy. Like, five minutes first time through short.
Visually stunning, though.

I asked The Chinese Room why Rapture isnt available in China.
Not sure what to make of the two answers I got:

"hey, we're not handling any of the sales stuff - it's @SonySantaMonica who can help"

"We're sure it will be fixed by the time the game is released - the game is available in traditional Chinese, after all!"

Sarcasm

I asked The Chinese Room why Rapture isnt available in China.
Not sure what to make of the two answers I got:

"hey, we're not handling any of the sales stuff - it's @SonySantaMonica who can help"

"We're sure it will be fixed by the time the game is released - the game is available in traditional Chinese, after all!"

Sweet its coming to Taiwan!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I want to buy Lethal League from chrono.gg, but I guarantee it will be in the 1 dollar tier of a bundle before I actually have a reason to play it with friends.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The best souls area is the tutorial levels
You do know Boletaria isn't the tutorial area?

The Undead Asylum is one of the best tutorial area's i've ever seen, i'll agree on that.

rtcn63

does anyone like poison areas? fucking hate those things. I haven't gotten to it in Dark Souls 2 but i imagine it's there because of course it is

I don't think ever made it past the first area of Valley of Defilement (Demon's Souls) Fuck that place. Fuck those dudes with clubs and falling to your death. EVERYTHING WAS POISONOUS.

shockdude

Enter the Gungeon looks interesting. The enemies being literal bullets is pretty funny.
Out of curiosity, are there other bullet-hell roguelikes out there?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of jshackles, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -- MB-8748426E351A7CB6 - Taken by Jadax. 35 entrants total.

t1460134878z1.png

Grief.exe

Enter the Gungeon looks interesting. The enemies being literal bullets is pretty funny.
Out of curiosity, are there other bullet-hell roguelikes out there?

Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne come.to mind.

Did they? Hard to believe but it's disappointing in any case.

RIP Scalebound.

It's pretty obvious that Microsoft dumped this on them at the last minute. Don't judge Remedy too harshly.

Tenrius

I actually own that one, I think it was featured in the bundle I mentioned earlier.
I'll try it out, thanks for the recommendation.

Thank you for your input ! I was curious about the series and didn't know where to start. The episode that started the new engine seems like a good one.

The game gives a peek into Holmes & Watson's private life, in particular revealing that Watson apparently never goes to bed without his roommate:

data

Enter the Gungeon doesn't really feel that bullethell, since you don't have a "core". Your hitbox is just your character and it's super big so navigating through a barrage of boss bullets doesn't work that well and the game focuses a lot on the dodge mechanic instead of navigating through bullets

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Robocraft Starter Pack -- MB-AF932D7FC808993B - Taken by thesaucetastic

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Silver Knight -- MB-46A23569C2772FD4 - Taken by ExoSoul

cyba89

Gamesplanet now says "Your order can be accessed here starting 08-04-2016." on my Dark Souls 3 order. It didn't say that before. So I guess preloading should start today?

data

Someone is selling South Park: Stick of Truth for 3$ over at BST. That's super cheap and the game is really neat

Deques

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deques, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

12 Labours of Hercules -- MB-30C177139F83020F - Taken by UnderWaterTree

Just some fun game I had in my inventory

I have been sick the whole day...

That chrome plugin for getting past the free game giveaways is borking things up. Those pages say I'm creating too many entries and keeps on saying it after I removed the plugin.

Mivey

Considering Remedy's passive agressiveness...
It's not passive aggresive. Nondeterminstic bugs, also informally called Heisenbugs, are a huge problem in CS. This is not about bugs that simply hard to detect or only occur in very rare edge cases. This is literally about behaviour that is not emergent from the actual computation, that is, the program as it was written, but rather occurs inderterminably from the execution on the machine itself. To read more about this, you should study Nondeterministic TMs, as they are the theoretical basis on which this strange occurance is based on.

This means, as far as Remedy, the developer is concerned, there is literally nothing they could ever do, because the glitch, the slowdown, the low-res feel of the image, while it might occur to some people, is not actually coming from the game, therefore it "does not exist".

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Considering picking up Endless Legend, not super familiar with the genre, but I like the way the game looks. I'm wondering if I should grab the DLC too and how it's incorporated into the game exactly? I see that some of it is additional races/factions, but I'm wondering if there's any interaction between it and the base game? Like do these factions get added to the map or what?

Ludens

Banned
The purchase button for Killer Instinct (free version) is greyed out for me (I have 1511 version).
Win 10 Store is garbage.

MadGear

The purchase button for Killer Instinct (free version) is greyed out for me (I have 1511 version).
Win 10 Store is garbage.

I had the same issue at first as well because I have turned off automatic updates of apps. Make sure the "Store"-App is up to date, this fixed the issue for me.
But yeah, absolutely agree with this. Downloading KI was probably the slowest download ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom