• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Most open-world games bore me, especially empty collection driven ones.
I haven't found a vehicle driven game I could enjoy since Burnout Paradise.
I have no experience with or knowledge about it's source material.

Why the hell am I enjoying Mad Max so much?

Whenever I see a ramp or something I could use as one, I have to jump from it full throttle. I can't seem to be able to make progress in the main-story 'cause I keep running into shit I want to see go "boom".

Exploding cars are pretty.

bloke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me for this crap
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Yumsters 2: Around the World -- MB-E165C1293257A9D0 - Taken by Abomination
Musaic Box -- MB-8C38E0B72F8378BB - Taken by bobnowhere
Agricultural Simulator 2012: Deluxe Edition -- MB-7A12C7EE7C208AF1 - Taken by nightstorm
The Mysterious Cities of Gold -- MB-2E8700B6C42F69E2 - Taken by UnderWaterTree
Hero of Many -- MB-E489977570BFE6C0 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Divine Slice of Life -- MB-6398E4F42C24E4BF - Taken by fuzzy123

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, I checked and they're just activation locked.

Do I just connect a VPN, accept the gift and redeem? Because it still shows my currency as pounds when I connect to a VPN on the site and client
Steam gifts are always runtime locked. Although that limit seems to be lifted after three months.

Messiah

A hahaha that big dark souls news is an ugly as sin clothing collection
The Dark Souls of meme shirts.
1,width=500,height=500,appearanceId=2,version=1460096327.png

That feel when someone would actually prefer someone to idle, rather than play their damn video games.
LhE9pQh.gif

I know, right?

a treat for you players

Sweet. Wonder how much it'll cost.

what is this madness? Bejeweled 3 is one of the best games ever! As is Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, as is M&M: Clash of Heroes.

Anyway, I hope Dang is rated 18+, because it totally should be, it would have had scared me as a child.
I also find
colour
of blood to be rather strange choice.

Bejeweled is fun stuff, a classic of the match-three genre.

And I can't imagine that Danganronpa would be rated anything lower that the regional equivalent to ESRB's M. Way too violent and sexual.

I only figured out how illusory walls work in Dark Souls 2 now and I think i'm about halfway through it (just got to the saltfort). I thought it was like DS1 where you have to slash at a wall but nooooooooooooooooo it's instead like fucking wolfenstein where you mash a button against walls and hope for the best. And, of course, half of the messages that state that a wall is an illusory wall are just BS so people can get easy ratings.

How many estus upgrades have i missed? how much cool loot have i passed on? dammit. I think i can go back to at least the fire near no man's wharf and find some of them.

I only figured out how illusory walls work in Dark Souls 2 now and I think i'm about halfway through it (just got to the saltfort). I thought it was like DS1 where you have to slash at a wall but nooooooooooooooooo it's instead like fucking wolfenstein where you mash a button against walls and hope for the best. And, of course, half of the messages that state that a wall is an illusory wall are just BS so people can get easy ratings.

How many estus upgrades have i missed? how much cool loot have i passed on? dammit. I think i can go back to at least the fire near no man's wharf and find some of them.

For the most part, they are fairly inessential.

Pharros Lockstone doors on the other hand...

For the most part, they are fairly inessential.

Pharros Lockstone doors on the other hand...

I've seen that face on the floors and walls a couple of times already and just shrugged. Also, i have like half a dozen smooth & silky stone and I need to figure out what their deal is.

I guess i should check a guide out already, it's not like im having any issues with the game right now as im stupidly overleveled

edit: well, i missed one maybe two estus shards. Got some work to do

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I only figured out how illusory walls work in Dark Souls 2 now and I think i'm about halfway through it (just got to the saltfort).
Tip: Go back and explore
the room where you fought the three sentinels. I can't remember if there's anything usefull to be found, but there are a lot of illusory walls there.

Smooth! Smooth! Silky smooth!
Yah-yah, so nice, so smooth.
Bwahk!

I've heard those voices so many times they became cute instead of annoying.
The Souls games have some strange and wonderfull voice-acting.

Some walls you do strike. Like this one.

https://youtu.be/BLk2XtasqtU?t=160

Maxwood

Smooth and silky stuff you take to the birds nest.

Edit: Maxwood beat me there.
No, I didn't. :p

I hope the bird returns in DSIII. She's a souls regular, so she has to.
Missed her/them in Bloodborne. I don't care about Patches, gimme smooth!

Just four more day's. :(

Another option for the smooth and silkies:

Hoard hordes of them. "I'll get around to doing something with these one day." One day comes. "Eh, fuck it."

Confession: to date, have not beaten
the Ancient Dragon
Failed so, so many times. I even got close on a few of those times!

Tip: Go back and explore
the room where you fought the three sentinels. I can't remember if there's anything usefull to be found, but there are a lot of illusory walls there.

Smooth! Smooth! Silky smooth!
Yah-yah, so nice, so smooth.
Bwahk!

I've heard those voices so many times they became cute instead of annoying.
The Souls games have some strange and wonderfull voice-acting.

I was so traumatized from trying to kill the sentinels early in the game that I just wanted to get out of that room ASAP once i won.

Which, of course, i beat them on my first try when I fought them after going through the Tower of Flames and No Man's Wharf instead of going straight there from when the bird dropped me off earlier in the game. I'll check it out!

Some walls you do strike. Like this one.

https://youtu.be/BLk2XtasqtU?t=160

I can't watch the video (at work) but if that is indeed true then wtf

Maxwood

Another option for the smooth and silkies:

Hoard hordes of them. "I'll get around to doing something with these one day." One day comes. "Eh, fuck it."

Confession: to date, have not beaten
the Ancient Dragon
Failed so, so many times. I even got close on a few of those times!
I've played DSII enough to 100% the achievements and haven't beaten that sucker either.
Skipped Kalameet in the Dark Souls DLC as well. Dragons are the series most frustrating bosses. I don't like them.
Except for the gaping dragon. That fight was cool. And freaky.

Arminsc

I've played DSII enough to 100% the achievements and haven't beaten that sucker either.
Skipped Kalameet in the Dark Souls DLC as well. Dragons are the series most frustrating bosses. I don't like them.
Except for the gaping dragon. That fight was cool. And freaky.

For me the Sinh fight was like the better bossfight in the series. But yeah, dragons can get a bit frustrating.

Ludens

Banned
Completed D4. I loved it. I need to replay Episode 1 because I missed some extra cases, but the game is really good and interesting. It's weird as hell, but it's ok, it's exactly what I expected from Swery.
The only thing that sucks is the ending...really? I hope we'll get season 2, eventually.

Also, is there a way to check missing collectibles? I see you get a recap when you end a chapter, but it's only for that chapter.

How's mad max on pc? Thinking about picking it up.
A very, very solid experience. Never encountered any issues even at max settings and 1440p. It even stays well above 40fps at 4K and max settings (GTX970). All the while looking plain stunning. Devs did a magical job.
Since I assume they used the same engine for Just Cause 3, I'm only that more weirded to hear JC3 has performance issues. Very weird.
I didn't even bother buying it or anything since my laptop wouldn't be able to run it anywhere near decently.
I always imagined you play on a proper desktop PC. Any plans to get one?
I'm OK with trading keyboard (for most games at least) but I'll have to try to feel how it fares to mouse. It's really the mouse that makes me go kb/m so often.

A very, very solid experience. Never encountered any issues even at max settings and 1440p. It even stays well above 40fps at 4K and max settings (GTX970). All the while looking plain stunning. Devs did a magical job.
Since I assume they used the same engine for Just Cause 3, I'm only that more weirded to hear JC3 has performance issues. Very weird.

I always imagined you play on a proper desktop PC. Any plans to get one?

I'm OK with trading keyboard (for most games at least) but I'll have to try to feel how it fares to mouse. It's really the mouse that makes me go kb/m so often.

Max settings. Max settings!

5YCKJK3.gif

Out of curiosity, what CPU are you running? (Happy Birthday, too.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
legodude also playing ETG... good, good. All according to plan.

Maxwood

I want to make a Mighty Mouse joke but I can't think of any.

a lot of people continue to be upset about waiting 3 weeks for a Souls game?

welcome to being a souls fan on the PC! We've been doing that sort of waiting for years now!

people being entitled babies again

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

To be fair, JC3 is doing more than Mad Max (localised global illumination, for one). I think the game would be in better shape across all platforms had it been developed by Avalanche Sweden, but definitely not to the degree that it'd be comparable to Mad Max -- it'd still be quite demanding (the fact that the latter is set in a barren wasteland versus a Mediterranean paradise definitely helps ;)). The PC version is fine if your system ticks all of the boxes, though.

To be fair, JC3 is doing more than Mad Max (localised global illumination, for one). I think the game would be in better shape across all platforms had it been developed by Avalanche Sweden, but definitely not to the degree that it'd be comparable to Mad Max -- it'd still be quite demanding (the fact that the latter is set in a barren wasteland versus a Mediterranean paradise definitely helps ;)). The PC version is fine if your system ticks all of the boxes, though.
Haha, yes. An empty wasteland mostly devoid of people and buildings is probably an attributing factor.
An overclocked CPU with hyper-threading though... oof

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I tried to give this to freshVeggie for his birthday, but it turns out someone already beat me to the punch.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site. Don't be a Javadots. Don't be a Darth Kupi.
- If you win this game, you really should play it. It's one of my favorite games of 2016 so far.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -- MB-8748426E351A7CB6 - Taken by Jadax. 35 entrants total.

t1460134878z1.png

Yeah. 12 GB RAM at the VERY least. I cannot imagine going through explosions or several things going on in this game without stuttering otherwise.

Which is weird because the game isn't that much of a looker, even on High. Could probably benefit from better coding.

Soulflarz

Banned
I tried to give this to freshVeggie for his birthday, but it turns out someone already beat me to the punch.

Heeey I used modbot for the first time in forever (as opposed to me just, you know, email tagging it in the thread of saying PM me)

HELLO PAY IT FORWARD \o/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom