• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah. 12 GB RAM at the VERY least. I cannot imagine going through explosions or several things going on in this game without stuttering otherwise.

Which is weird because the game isn't that much of a looker, even on High. Could probably benefit from better coding.

It's weird that 8GB RAM is both the minimum and recommended figure. 8GB isn't even enough for an hour of continuous play.

Lain

Forgot to say, seems like Goetia keys have been sent to backers. The email talked about letting backers play a week in advance to the release (the game releases on the 14th) though the game can't be installed (no button) so it's a bit weird. Wonder if they'll fix it before then.

Intel i5-4690. Non-K, no overclock. (thanks)

Ah. I haven't fired the game up, but wanted to have an idea if downsampling is a possibility, since I have the 970 but I'm still rocking the tried and true 2500k.

Regarding Enter the Gungeon, that game is an example of how to pull off intentionally bad punny humor, unlike Not A Hero, which crammed it into every moment of the game. They have just enough reservation to give you a direct prologue that leads up to the willfully dumb titular moment. It's also peppered with myopic allusions, urging you to kill your past but never really telling you why. The grounded bitterness gives the cheeky humor space to live in.

Does anyone know if they used the ISO-Slant add-on with ETG, like Not A Hero used? I really liked the implementation in Not A Hero and would like to see the idea used more frequently.

Vazduh

It's weird that 8GB RAM is both the minimum and recommended figure. 8GB isn't even enough for an hour of continuous play.

That makes me sad ;_;

My old-ass motherboard supports 8 GB max and that's how much I have. Would love to play JC3, but it seems that those memory leaks issues aren't getting solved any time soon.

Welp, at least I still have Mad Max to look forward, that one should work on my system without any issues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Archetype -- MB-6026546D15F00719 - Taken by voodooray

word

Lain

And I never logged once. Somewhat sad.

Just saw the spider transformation in Half-Genie Hero. Definitely not for Zkylon.

kSMb.gif

I only figured out how illusory walls work in Dark Souls 2 now and I think i'm about halfway through it (just got to the saltfort). I thought it was like DS1 where you have to slash at a wall but nooooooooooooooooo it's instead like fucking wolfenstein where you mash a button against walls and hope for the best. And, of course, half of the messages that state that a wall is an illusory wall are just BS so people can get easy ratings.

How many estus upgrades have i missed? how much cool loot have i passed on? dammit. I think i can go back to at least the fire near no man's wharf and find some of them.

Same happened to me. Found out about it after seeing the open wall in someone else's game, then when I went back I tried to slash it and it didn't work, then I went online to see how the fuck i was supposed to open it lol.

I have 8 gigs but I still have my old RAM (two 2gb sticks) but it's slower than my current ram. Funny thing is I didn't realize that my mobo wont let ram run faster than the one I was using initially so I'm not beneffiting from the extra speed of my new ram.
My question is: will using both at the same time cause any issues? Speed is different but mobo forces them to run at same speed anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That makes me sad ;_;

My old-ass motherboard supports 8 GB max and that's how much I have. Would love to play JC3, but it seems that those memory leaks issues aren't getting solved any time soon.

Welp, at least I still have Mad Max to look forward, that one should work on my system without any issues.

There's no memory leak; it just uses quite a lot of memory. A leak would also be an issue for those with 16GB+ configurations, which isn't the case. That said, I imagine things could be improved for 8GB systems as there's probably no particularly compelling need for the game to retain the amount of data that it does.

Looking forward to Dark Souls 3 in a few days. Managed to stay relatively unspoiled so far.

theres a weapon called claymore.

u mad i spoiled that for u?

i actually have no idea if theres a weapon called that, i just remember seeing ozzy post a sword with that name, don't know if he was serious or not.

Teggy

And I never logged once. Somewhat sad.

Just saw the spider transformation in Half-Genie Hero. Definitely not for Zkylon.

kSMb.gif

That's cute. I think it's funny that characters in games always have that weird constant movement going. If someone did that in real life they would look ridiculous, but if game characters are just sitting there motionless they just look dead.

Deitus

i actually have no idea if theres a weapon called that, i just remember seeing ozzy post a sword with that name, don't know if he was serious or not.

Yeah, people go a bit nuts about spoilers sometimes. I wouldn't want to know what all the unlockable items in a Zelda game are before playing it, because that's always a fun surprise. But the fact that you can use a 2 handed sword in a Souls game is an expectation, not a spoiler. It would be like getting upset to find out that the latest Calladoody has assault rifles.

derExperte

From the dark days when I bought crappy bundles:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Alcarys Complex -- MB-9E62C4BA56196597 - Taken by ExoSoul

I have 8 gigs but I still have my old RAM (two 2gb sticks) but it's slower than my current ram. Funny thing is I didn't realize that my mobo wont let ram run faster than the one I was using initially so I'm not beneffiting from the extra speed of my new ram.
My question is: will using both at the same time cause any issues? Speed is different but mobo forces them to run at same speed anyway.

No but make sure you use the correct slots for the pairs so Dual Channel is working.

Tenrius

Pretty.
I really should play one of these games soon, I love Sherlock Holmes.

I really liked The Testament of Sherlock Holmes. Probably a good idea to start with it rather than Crimes & Punishments, since they apparently represent the same style. The older games are regular point-and-click adventures.

neoemonk

For the most part I only care about bosses and areas.

Phawx

Happy Birthday Veggie! Hope it's a good one!

Speaking of the Indiegala bundle, what happened to Prison Tycoon 2?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The last game (crimes and punishments) was pretty fun though some of the case resolution stuff makes little sense at times.

Still, i liked it.
Do you mean puzzle wise or does the story feature nonsensical stuff?
The last Sherlock Holmes game was pretty darn good, I'm really looking forward to the next one :)
Good to hear!
I did "play" that one, actually. Got it through PS+. Turned it off after ten minutes, worst framerate i've ever seen on PS3.
And that's saying something.
Do they regularly get a sale on Steam? How about bundles?
There was a bundle with a bunch of them like a year ago.
Haven't seen any appear in bundles since.
I really liked The Testament of Sherlock Holmes. Probably a good idea to start with it rather than Crimes & Punishments, since they apparently represent the same style. The older games are regular point-and-click adventures.
I actually own that one, I think it was featured in the bundle I mentioned earlier.
I'll try it out, thanks for the recommendation.

I really don't know why I haven't played any of these games yet.
Besides other games.
And time.
And forgetting I own a couple of them...

Do you mean puzzle wise or does the story feature nonsensical stuff?
like,

Sometimes the game asks you to connect some logical dots that don't really make a lot of sense, like something got lost in translation or something. It's really apparent in the first few cases but the problem fades about halfway through the game

They do go on sale form time to time, usually during the big sales and sometimes outside of them. I haven't seen any bundles though.

theres a humanoid boss thats more than twice your size. now i REALLY riled you up didn't i?

I've actually avoided all infor for DS3, haven't even seen the trailers besides the first gameplay trailer. not cause i care about spoilers but because I know I'm going to buy the game anyway and I already know what to expect so i don't really care to watch footage of it, know what I mean?

i hope in DS3 they bless our souls and don't have a poison area, i hate those areas with a fucking passion. easily the worst part of these games

Li Kao

Thank you for your input ! I was curious about the series and didn't know where to start. The episode that started the new engine seems like a good one.

No but make sure you use the correct slots for the pairs so Dual Channel is working.

Thanks.

Anyone else regret their career choice btw? Would be nice to have a job where I actually look forward to going to work every day. I wonder how many people feel like that. I shouldn't complain because a lot of people have to endure really shitty work while mine is mostly an office job, I'm talking more about truly enjoying what you do.

Deitus

theres a humanoid boss thats more than twice your size. now i REALLY riled you up didn't i?

I've actually avoided all infor for DS3, haven't even seen the trailers besides the first gameplay trailer. not cause i care about spoilers but because I know I'm going to buy the game anyway and I already know what to expect so i don't really care to watch footage of it, know what I mean?

i hope in DS3 they bless our souls and don't have a poison area, i hate those areas with a fucking passion. easily the worst part of these games

Come on man, there's going to be a poison area. There's always a poison area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom