• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that it's been out a few weeks how did people here feel about Thimbleweed Park? Finally getting back to it and disappointed by how most of the verbs don't do anything for 90% of objects.

Tagyhag

I loooooooove how PS+ makes sure to auto-renew for a whole year, and makes it annoyingly hard to find the button to change it.

What a POS.

AHA-Lambda

Is your experience aligning more and more with what you've heard as you progress?

No, I'd still say even with the niggles it's a 7/10 or so, if I had to rate it. Without them probably an 8.
Like I said if the voices are the worst I can complain about then it's not doing too badly.

Although World 4 which I've just gotten to has been (so far) particularly crap, and when the game only has 5 that's a pretty bad mark against it.
Other things though like the quizzes, yeah they're bad but there are only 2 of them. It's like the stealth in Lords of Shadow 2, yeah it's bad but there isn't a lot of it, it's not that big a deal.

Opinions and all that of course, but how it got below a 6 from some I don't understand. You can certainly poke holes in it in places, but I just can't call it bad, in fact on the whole I've been really enjoying it.

Shoot a tweet to the devs to add an option to disable the Voices.
Have you tried muting the SFX option and seeing if they still talk?

Alt. check this
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/179431-yooka-laylee/75224783

I mean...you DID try and google for a way to disable the voices somehow right?
Right?
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

Well there is nothing obvious from the options about disabling them =/

Only audio options are music and sfx

And your link posted still proves my point, there is seemingly no way to stop them. You can skip some lines, but other pieces of dialogue you can't.

I got my closed beta Quake Champions code, still trying to download it, and damn, that Bethesda launcher is even worse than Windows Store. Downloading process is constantly stuck at some point, no progress for hours but it impossible to properly use internet anyway because this launcher is still occupying all my bandwidth for no reason. I was forced to restart download several times because of random server errors, no resume download after closing launcher either. Reddit suggested to use only default install folder, but it doesn't look like changed anything, launcher is still shit.

Tizoc

No, I'd still say even with the niggles it's a 7/10 or so, if I had to rate it. Without them probably an 8.
Like I said if the voices are the worst I can complain about then it's not doing too badly.

Although World 4 which I've just gotten to has been (so far) particularly crap, and when the game only has 5 that's a pretty bad mark against it.
Other things though like the quizzes, yeah they're bad but there are only 2 of them. It's like the stealth in Lords of Shadow 2, yeah it's bad but there isn't a lot of it, it's not that big a deal.

Opinions and all that of course, but how it got below a 6 from some I don't understand. You can certainly poke holes in it in places, but I just can't call it bad, in fact on the whole I've been really enjoying it.

Well there is nothing obvious from the options about disabling them =/

Only audio options are music and sfx

And your link posted still proves my point, there is seemingly no way to stop them. You can skip some lines, but other pieces of dialogue you can't.

Well I sent a tweet their way about adding the option, dunno if it'd go over but you never know :X

Aaron D.

Just finished Oxenfree for the first time.

Really enjoyed it. Had great production values all around along with a unique & memorable presentation style.

It was fun to see tuffalobuffalo and Wok mentioned in the end credits.

MadGear

I got my closed beta Quake Champions code, still trying to download it, and damn, that Bethesda launcher is even worse than Windows Store. Downloading process is constantly stuck at some point, no progress for hours but it impossible to properly use internet anyway because this launcher is still occupying all my bandwidth for no reason. I was forced to restart download several times because of random server errors, no resume download after closing launcher either. Reddit suggested to use only default install folder, but it doesn't look like changed anything, launcher is still shit.

It has been the same for me for a couple of days now and I have pretty much given up already :/ Installing the launcher and game in their default location didn't change anything for me. And yes, restarting that the launcher will reset almost the entire download because it seems to be unable to resume downloads of individual, incomplete files such as the shared.pak wich is about 12GB in size. I really wish this was on Steam.

It has been the same for me for a couple of days now and I have pretty much given up already :/ Installing the launcher and game in their default location didn't change anything for me. And yes, restarting that the launcher will reset almost the entire download because it seems to be unable to resume downloads of individual, incomplete files such as the shared.pak wich is about 12GB in size. I really wish this was on Steam.

FWIW it downloaded normally for me. Sorry to hear you guys are having trouble with it.

I am curious about whether this game will come to Steam or not. Publishers seem somewhat reluctant to put free to play titles on Steam. Bethesda just released Fallout Shelter on Steam a few weeks ago after being exclusive to the Bethesda launcher for a while but then they still have that Elder Scrolls card game and I don't know if that will ever come over.

I'd assume they make the decision based on how successful the game is so... we might have a better chance of Quake coming over to Steam if it doesn't take off.

Pachimari

I would love for Quake Champions to become available on Steam, just because I never use the Bethesda launcher unless it's a Bethesda game. The game itself is quite awesome but yeah, sorry to hear you're having problems I can't help fix. :(

Anteater

it didn't work before but downsampling working now in Soma, magically

iZcUNxH.gif

Yeah the Bethesda launcher is some hot trash. I hope to Romero that they don't try to exclusively tie it there, but with the bum luck the genre's had it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Ascheroth

Speed hack?
Install CheatEngine, go to settings and set up the speedhack shortcuts how you want.
Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/wftgZsv.png[/IMG]
When you start the game you'll need to hook CheatEngine to the process, and then you're good to go.
Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/T94Cqyy.png[/IMG]

Deques

Install CheatEngine, go to settings and set up the speedhack shortcuts how you want.
Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/wftgZsv.png[/IMG]
When you start the game you'll need to hook CheatEngine to the process, and then you're good to go.
Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/T94Cqyy.png[/IMG]

No cheat table required?

dex3108

I couldn't play games for too much today (family gathering) but i managed to reach last sequence in AC Rogue. It is really nice game and it is literally combination of AC3 and ACIV. But it also still feels like AA game and not on the same level as other main AC games. All in all if you liked ACIV and AC3 you need to play Rogue.

Tizoc

So apparently there are gonna be some MvCI news in coming days since the game was showcased in an event in Germany.

So, i finally finished downloading Quake Champions, and apparently they are shutting down servers in 5 minutes. Well, maybe next time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm at the part in Zork Nemesis where you need to put a cadaver in a guillotine, decapitate it, take the severed head, and put it on a stick.

Side note: Zork Nemesis faced a lot of criticism at release because of disturbing content. Not really sure why.

Tellaerin

I'm at the part in Zork Nemesis where you need to put a cadaver in a guillotine, decapitate it, take the severed head, and put it on a stick.

Side note: Zork Nemesis faced a lot of criticism at release because of disturbing content. Not really sure why.

Me neither. That sounds like a typical day in the life of Modbot to me.

Knurek

Yeah, it's not like you use the rest of the cadaver to relieve sexual pressure...

Okay, so seeing Soma mentioned and having it wishlisted on account of The Talos Principle, if I felt that Talos had something fun at the start and then kind of fumbled on that premise to become 'just a game', is Soma actually worth my money and time or would I just be disappointed by it? This might be a too specific question, but I really don't want to spend money on it unless it's actually worthwhile.

Okay, so seeing Soma mentioned and having it wishlisted on account of The Talos Principle, if I felt that Talos had something fun at the start and then kind of fumbled on that premise to become 'just a game', is Soma actually worth my money and time or would I just be disappointed by it? This might be a too specific question, but I really don't want to spend money on it unless it's actually worthwhile.

Soma is absolutely worthwhile, it's a fantastic sci-fi story.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Having played both Talos and SOMA, the two really are nothing alike but I would say both are worth playing for the right audience.

Talos is kind of a game-y puzzle game with an interesting philosophical story, SOMA is a first-person atmospheric horror game with a philosophical story on humanity.

The comparison probably comes from their stories, which have a few similar story beats but go in very different directions. They both have to do with 'humanity', though. Both do have a tinge of sci-fi as well.

Talos is kind of long, I don't really know if I either like it a lot or just don't really like it, it's a weird one for me. I very much liked SOMA, though. SOMA doesn't have much in puzzles, but is a fantastic narrative-driven experience.

Why Alien Swarm was re-released as Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop? What are the new additions or differences? Does this now use Source Engine 2.0 like Dota 2?

So installing the launcher in the default location actually worked for you?
Yeah, it finally downloaded but it's all for nothing since i don't have much free space on my system SSD harddrive so i'm going to delete those files after all this trouble.
Wait is the beta over or what? I signed up recently.
I think they're doing different rounds, current was Beta round 3, maybe they'll open servers once again later. I got my code only few days ago so probably more invites are coming soon.

Avoiding early battles is really going to pay off though. There's one serious story fight (that everyone bitches about) that you'll have to survive. It's coming up, and it's a doozy. Once you get passed there it's smooth sailing.

In the interest of preventing potential suicidal tenancies in the future: there's a quest called "Wisdom's Echo". It holds the key to the most efficient stat grind. If you finish the quest, the opportunity goes away.

Thanks for the info. Some of the sidequest boss fights have been a bitch so far. I had to suspend the Frustrations quest because that boss was one-shotting my unions with its AoE attack.

sadblob

Avoiding early battles is really going to pay off though. There's one serious story fight (that everyone bitches about) that you'll have to survive. It's coming up, and it's a doozy. Once you get passed there it's smooth sailing.

In the interest of preventing potential suicidal tenancies in the future: there's a quest called "Wisdom's Echo". It holds the key to the most efficient stat grind. If you finish the quest, the opportunity goes away.

I think that dragon that spawns in a quest (Bai-Tze or something like that) is better to grind, mainly because you have more chars at that point and the fight is relatively short and easy after a few wins

MadGear

Yeah, it finally downloaded but it's all for nothing since i don't have much free space on my system SSD harddrive so i'm going to delete those files after all this trouble.

That is odd, it didn't do anything for me. I guess I will try again next time/week(?). Also you should be fine moving the folder of the game and/or launcher to your hard drive. Just create a link to the new location and it should work (google "directory junction").

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It'd be nice if Edith Finch had an unlock time set so I could tell if April 25th actually means April 25th or the 26th at 1am.

I hope it's not overly short. Five "chapters" seems like a safe bet (two grandparents, two parents and Calvin) and if they each last ~an hour, I'd be happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom