• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think the answer to "what i should play after nier" ended up being league

i don't want to play zelda without a nes emulator that can properly document my journey and i gave up after the fourth one lol

i've also never exploded myself in automata to see the ass

i'm proud of myself

idk i like 9s in boxer shorts

Pachimari

Is Momodora III a particularly long game? I'm looking to maybe complete this one as my next game but if it gets Dark Souls hard of challenging then I'm noping out.

kagamin

Is Momodora III a particularly long game? I'm looking to maybe complete this one as my next game but if it gets Dark Souls hard of challenging then I'm noping out.

It's like 3 hours long.

And final repost:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kagamin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King -- MB-A35B5221F3B3DA1F - Taken by Ludens. 34 entrants total.
This game just came out last week!

t1491205970z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
should i buy a mechanical keyboard?

i need to change this piece of junk and there's two price ranges for keyboards here, it's either 5 bucks or 60 :/

Mikurden

i don't want to play zelda without a nes emulator that can properly document my journey and i gave up after the fourth one lol
I don't know about its ability to properly document your journey, but did you try Nestopia and/or RetroArch?

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know about its ability to properly document your journey, but did you try Nestopia and/or RetroArch?
lol i just realized how little on detail that previous post was

i forget which ones i've tried, i might give those a shot

honestly just been playing league and i'm starting to watch movies again which i missed a lot

like if i got into a groove of movies+league+programming that actually doesn't seem like a bad way to lead my life

i'm out of a credit card so can't buy games until i get it back, could do the dark souls dlc but idk if it's any good

thanks for the suggestions tho, i might try them out

oni-link

It's 2/3 hours, even less if you don't beat the game with both characters (I don't think the story differs depending on character)

It's fun, but really linear, and the best and hardest parts of the game are the bosses, which are all great

Wok

It looks like 2B in Nier Automata after removing the anime layers.
From CD Projekt.

Without most of the clothes, but still not nude. Obfuscated, and spoilered, because you might find it slightly NSFW.

Need that game, I imagine it is 2077.

Jadax

The hype for 2077 has been extremely high for me since they announced it. The awesomeness of Witcher 3 just made it go even higher.

Momentary

Banned
From CD Projekt.

Without most of the clothes, but still not nude. Obfuscated, and spoilered, because you might find it slightly NSFW.

Where are these coming from? Are there some new Cyberpunk 2077pictures?

zkylon

zkylewd
i find it worrying how this marks a total of two pictures of cyberpunk 2077 we have seen and both feature pantless women

i'm down with pantless women but these are very lazy, they're just a women without her pants

this is not acceptable pantlessness

2d project can do better

MaxiLive

i need to change this piece of junk and there's two price ranges for keyboards here, it's either 5 bucks or 60 :/

If you have the finances available then why not! I do much prefer a mechanical keyboard and it did actually improve my league game slightly. I used to have a lot of issues spamming keys (for example Thresh Q for second activation) with my old Logitech keyboard but with the mechanical one it's super nice. Plus a lot nicer to type on but that is going to be a preference thing, I know most of the coders at work swear by them these days and wouldn't code on anything else.

I played a bit of Dying Light over the weekend and I'm very impressed so far. I've been playing a fair bit of Mass Effect so it felt great going into a game that looks rather pretty, super detailed, well polished and ran superbly considering how it looks.

I'm not very far into the game but so far it has been enjoyable and the parkouring is more interactive and contains a lot more platforming type aspects than I was expecting. Zombies are actually scary at the moment due to the limited stamina so I can't wait to get some decent weapons to bash them with!

Pachimari

It's like 3 hours long.

It's 2/3 hours, even less if you don't beat the game with both characters (I don't think the story differs depending on character)

It's fun, but really linear, and the best and hardest parts of the game are the bosses, which are all great
Alright. I will play through this with one character. It seems really fun and the first boss was piss easy but also entertaining. Really reminds me of the old games I used to play.

zkylon

zkylewd
If you have the finances available then why not! I do much prefer a mechanical keyboard and it did actually improve my league game slightly. I used to have a lot of issues spamming keys (for example Thresh Q for second activation) with my old Logitech keyboard but with the mechanical one it's super nice. Plus a lot nicer to type on but that is going to be a preference thing, I know most of the coders at work swear by them these days and wouldn't code on anything else.
yeah i might

it's expensive but might be nice

i do quite enjoy my razer mouse

I played a bit of Dying Light over the weekend and I'm very impressed so far. I've been playing a fair bit of Mass Effect so it felt great going into a game that looks rather pretty, super detailed, well polished and ran superbly considering how it looks.

I'm not very far into the game but so far it has been enjoyable and the parkouring is more interactive and contains a lot more platforming type aspects than I was expecting. Zombies are actually scary at the moment due to the limited stamina so I can't wait to get some decent weapons to bash them with!
i played dying light in a "non lethal" kind of way and the game is so much better if you don't stop to engage in that shitty combat system

specially after u unlock the couple first parkour abilities, it's pretty enjoyable

Mechanical keyboards are as much needed as gamer network cards or mice with two wheels for faster web browsing.
Stick with a $5 keyboard, just get one with a proper key layout.
it's not about needed, i just wonder if it's a cool buy

i like clacky clack

Kudo

Definitely get one if you can afford it. Such an massive leap in typing feedback and comfort, not to mention features most mechanical offer (NKRO).
There's no going back though.

Wok

Where are these coming from? Are there some new Cyberpunk 2077pictures?

From this boy.

i find it worrying how this marks a total of two pictures of cyberpunk 2077 we have seen and both feature pantless women

i'm down with pantless women but these are very lazy, they're just a women without her pants

this is not acceptable pantlessness

2d project can do better

There are pics with pants too... on his Twitter.

Pachimari

I honestly can't feel much of a difference between the $20 keyboard I had before and the Corsair K95 RGB I have now other than the keys being louder.

oni-link

I'm still pretty new to Steam/PC gaming, but a few weeks ago I realised I could sell all my inventory items and managed to get some money in my Steam wallet

I was just wondering though, how do you get items in your inventory? Do they just randomly drop when you unlock achievements?

Arthea

I'm still pretty new to Steam/PC gaming, but a few weeks ago I realised I could sell all my inventory items and managed to get some money in my Steam wallet

I was just wondering though, how do you get items in your inventory? Do they just randomly drop when you unlock achievements?

if you mean cards, they drop while the game runs, not achievements related.
if you mean crates, keys and other multi game specific items, you get those while playing a game.

oni-link

if you mean cards, they drop while the game runs, not achievements related.
if you mean crates, keys and other multi game specific items, you get those while playing a game.

I think I mean cards, as those are what I sold (I had 15 or 20 from various games I've played over the years)

So they randomly drop while you play games? Is there a limit to how many you can get from each game?

I've played both Stardew Valley and Downwell for 40 hours and I've had a few from the former and none from the latter

Arthea

I think I mean cards, as those are what I sold (I had 15 or 20 from various games I've played over the years)

So they randomly drop while you play games? Is there a limit to how many you can get from each game?

I've played both Stardew Valley and Downwell for 40 hours and I've had a few from the former and none from the latter

yes there is a limit, you should go to your badges tab, there you can see how many cards you can get from any game with cards you have.

edited: if you collect all cards for a certain game, you can craft a badge, that gives you a profile background and emote, both you can sell too. Crafting badges lets you get higher steam level. Not that it benefits in any way, aside of getting more boosters - more cards, more regularly.

Limitations for devs to be able to access the option of making trading cards. Possibly a certain number of copies before you can put trading cards on your game.
RIP card farmers. If they'll count only copies bought directly from steam store and not keys activations, it will be serious hit for scammers. That means there will be no point in pushing unplayable garbage on Steam just for getting profits from cards. Less trash on Steam is great news.

oni-link

yes there is a limit, you should go to your badges tab, there you can see how many cards you can get from any game with cards you have.

edited: if you collect all cards for a certain game, you can craft a badge, that gives you a profile background and emote, both you can sell too. Crafting badges lets you get higher steam level. Not that it benefits in any way, aside of getting more boosters - more cards, more regularly.

Ah thanks, I knew about the badges and the steam score but didn't know you could sell badges as well

I don't think I'll bother with all that meta stuff and I don't care about my Steam score, but I appreciate being able to sell the cards for a little money off my next purchase, I was mostly just curious as to how I ended up with them in the first place

Arthea

Ah thanks, I knew about the badges and the steam score but didn't know you could sell badges as well

I don't think I'll bother with all that meta stuff and I don't care about my Steam score, but I appreciate being able to sell the cards for a little money off my next purchase, I was mostly just curious as to how I ended up with them in the first place

no no no, you can't sell badges, you can sell profile backgrounds and emotes you get by crafting badges. If you don't care for that stuff, you just sell cards.

edited: what I had in mind that by going to your badge page, you can see how many cards you still can get from any games with cards you have.
it looks like this:

Pachimari

So if I were to decide between Hollow Knight and Salt and Sanctuary what would be the differences I should be looking at? Aren't both of them Metroidvania roguelike games?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dunno if these balloons in my steam page are a thing of ES or the proper Steam but how do I disable them

They signify that your account is a year older. They'll disappear tomorrow.

Edit: Oh, and it's a feature of ES, not Steam itself.

From CD Projekt.

Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be great.

oni-link

no no no, you can't sell badges, you can sell profile backgrounds and emotes you get by crafting badges. If you don't care for that stuff, you just sell cards.

edited: what I had in mind that by going to your badge page, you can see how many cards you still can get from any games with cards you have.
it looks like this:

Ah I see, thanks

Ludens

Banned
Do you think it's possible to see Numenera in Humble Monthly within one year?
It has mixed reviews on Steam.

Wok

Do you think it's possible to see Numenera in Humble Monthly within one year?
It has mixed reviews on Steam.

Humble Monthly only includes games with at least positive reviews. So you have answered your question yourself.

Valxal

So if I were to decide between Hollow Knight and Salt and Sanctuary what would be the differences I should be looking at? Aren't both of them Metroidvania roguelike games?

I've only dabbled with S&S but it didn't come close to the fun I had with Hollow Knight which I poured over 30 hours into over the course of a few days. S&S tries to be a 2D Souls game while HK follows the metroidvania flow much better I think.

Ludens

Banned
Humble Monthly only includes games with at least positive reviews. So you have answered your question yourself.

I read this several times, but...is this true? I mean, I can't find an official source for this, plus some of the preaviously included games have bad reviews from users (Random Access Murder, in example).

madjoki

I read this several times, but...is this true? I mean, I can't find an official source for this, plus some of the preaviously included games have bad reviews from users (Random Access Murder, in example).

RAM was debut game of month, it didn't have any reviews before.

I believe rules was initially listed back when monthly launched and some sites reported on those, but since they we're removed, there's no reason to think they would continue to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom