• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I don't understand why Momodora III doesn't tell me what it is I am buying, so that I don't waste my hard earned coins. :(

J8LHF8e.png

Grief.exe

Battlegrounds has been one of the most polished multiplayer early access titles I've played at this stage of development.

The problems I have seen, the lag early game, the rare rubberbanding I've experienced, the delayed actions are actually quite minimal compared to other Early Access games.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Battlegrounds has been one of the most polished multiplayer early access titles I've played at this stage of development.

The problems I have seen, the lag early game, the rare rubberbanding I've experienced, the delayed actions are actually quite minimal compared to other Early Access games.
I was going to wait for some more performance improvements before I bought it but I might just bite the bullet. I'd buy SQUAD on sale to scratch the itch but that game is only truly great when you luck into a great squad leader.

Kudo

Is it fun? I've seen it on the front page many times now but the name weirds me out. Any good videos of it to give an idea how it plays out?

Sarcasm

So for this FFXIV trial, you can't already have done one on that account?

I got this:

Square Enix accounts that have already registered for a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account are not eligible for a free trial.

Please log in using a Square Enix account that has not registered a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account.

Nzyme32

I know this is completely off topic, but I seriously have to vent:

Fuck Samsung's customer service, fuck call centres, fuck having multiple departments, and fuck samsung irresponsibility in promoting a product on their own site that is functionally broken on their own phone, and seemingly having no one with the expertise to fix it or the ability to take responsibility for the issue - AND taking down said promotion early when it became clear that there was an issue.

Holy shit I have never had such bad customer service in my entire life.

Bought a Galaxy S7 from Samsung with a promotion for a 128gb SD card > the two are not compatible on the recent 7.0 android update, we tested this in every possible way > 6hrs on the phone, told I would receive an email with a resolution > after a week we randomly received the same card with the same issue because it is an incompatibility rather than broken products > 6hrs on the phone every department claims no responsibility, the promotion was removed so even the promotions team have no responsibility > sent to tech support reading from a screen for the same issue - fail to even comprehend I only have the one phone and can't stay on the line while I factory reset for the 4th time even though the phone isn't the issue > told they will send me another of the same card - NO > told to travel 100 miles to give my phone and card to an engineer to check...... to try > get fucked, refund me.

I recorded everything and have screencaps of the promotion and disappearance. I'm gonna formally complain.

The funny thing here is that both products individually are fine. But that no one will claim responsibility, that no one will actually remember the issue at hand, that they would remove the promotion before it's end date and then have the gall to ask me to take even more time over the phone and disregard the issue I am stating and asking to travel miles away just to have someone look at the phone and card but can give me the same card with the same issue.... No. Fuck you.

Any advice on a good phone to buy is appreciated, and preferably one where customer service is easier to get.

neoemonk

So for this FFXIV trial, you can't already have done one on that account?

I got this:

It would have been nice if they just copied the WoW system.

They did for everything else! Hey-o! jk

It would also be nice if I could stop my house from being demolished with a free account as well. I do resub just to hold onto it. Rather nefarious system they've developed.

Monooboe

Ah finally broke 3000 coins on that chrono.gg thing. That 30 day chest has to be 2000 coins, they probably planed it so all who stuck around would have 5000 after a month.

Sarcasm

It would have been nice if they just copied the WoW system.

They did for everything else! Hey-o! jk

It would also be nice if I could stop my house from being demolished with a free account as well. I do resub just to hold onto it. Rather nefarious system they've developed.

So I basically can't do this on my account?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I basically can't do this on my account?

Yeah, if you've played the game in the past you'll need to register a new account (and start over) to take advantage of the trial.

Which also means if you decide to re-subscribe and use your trial account, you'll have to re-purchase the game.

gelf

Imho the game has a structural problem. It relies on hubs that more often than not aren't self contained, meaning in order to complete the puzzles in hub A you need to have learned some concept in hub B and C but, since it's an open world with barely any structure, the developer has no way of knowing what the player has learned so it falls on you to look around for the next "tutorial" section. Some might look at this as one of the greatest strengths of the game but I personally think it only serves to frustrate.

I also found a self contained hub (desert temple) where the solution "type" was so obtuse that I only found it by sheer luck as I was leaving due to frustration after looking around for what felt like an eternity. You can't expect the player to stumble upon the solution, that's not good game design. They could easily force you down a path with a certain angle that would make it noticeable.
I started playing the game recently and I'm feeling the same about the open world so far. I'm not enjoying searching for tutorial areas when I find a new symbol on a panel. Pretty as it is I'm seeing the world as a barrier to my enjoyment so far.

Once I know what I'm doing somewhat I've quite enjoyed solving the puzzles with the exception of some that use the environment like shadow and perspective puzzles which I find hard to read.

Games enjoyable enough but I'm not understanding why it's so special thus far.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
And it is only one time right? No new characters and such?

You'll have to create a new character on your new account, yeah. And yes the trial is only one time, if you resubscribe at any point there is no way to convert your "paid" account back to "trial".

Imho the game has a structural problem. It relies on hubs that more often than not aren't self contained, meaning in order to complete the puzzles in hub A you need to have learned some concept in hub B and C but, since it's an open world with barely any structure, the developer has no way of knowing what the player has learned so it falls on you to look around for the next "tutorial" section. Some might look at this as one of the greatest strengths of the game but I personally think it only serves to frustrate.

I also found a self contained hub (desert temple) where the solution "type" was so obtuse that I only found it by sheer luck as I was leaving due to frustration after looking around for what felt like an eternity. You can't expect the player to stumble upon the solution, that's not good game design. They could easily force you down a path with a certain angle that would make it noticeable.
I feel the same, I have very mixed feelings about the game, some of the puzzles are great, but some are too obtuse.

Tizoc

Well there's that 'Steam talks with gaming community' thread up on GD.
Why does it always seem that people that are pro Curation on Steam, are GAFfers I've rarely if ever seen in the Steam threads and hardly even game on Steam?

gngf123

Why does it always seem that people that are pro Curation on Steam, are GAFfers I've rarely if ever seen in the Steam threads and hardly even game on Steam?

Similar to how people post positive opinions of UWP and the Windows 10 store I guess.

Hadn't touched Dragon's Dogma in a while so I went back for some today,

Saw this gem about my pawn:
FadnTbLl.jpg

Gave me a wakestone too.

i should check up on my pawn

i know she's been seeing use

i should replay dragon's dogma

Dragon's Dogma is so damn good.

zkylon I rented your pawn a couple times, but I dunno how much RC you got from me because I was much higher level than you.

Anime must be eradicated at all costs.

Let us join together to end the anime menace.

Dragon's Dogma is so damn good.

zkylon I rented your pawn a couple times, but I dunno how much RC you got from me because I was much higher level than you.

Let us join together to end the anime menace.
"LET US KILL ANIME!" says person enjoying anime inspired game Dragon's Dogma.

cyba89

The Steam community is way bigger than just the GAF Steam thread I would guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom