• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Man, Dark Souls III getting a steep discount seems to take an eternity, still waiting on 75%ish for the base game. Usually Bandai games get 50% within a ~4 months, and then 75% or something after a year, but apparently DS3 still sells well enough for them to hold the prices.

They only seem to slash the prices hard if their sales don't meet expectations.
When was the last time Dark Souls 1 was 5$? Nowadays I only see it for 10$ in steam sales.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
FTFY.

I'd guess Xbox Play Anywhere is partly at fault.

The issue with Play Anywhere -- statistically speaking -- is that, divorced of context, it muddies the line. An Xbox player who downloads his/her Win10 copy doesn't actually help the WinStore gain traction within the PC DD space.

They only seem to slash the prices hard if their sales don't meet expectations.
When was the last time Dark Souls 1 was 5$? Nowadays I only see it for 10$ in steam sales.

Most publishers have started stopped slashing prices hard on big sales since a few years back.
I've been waiting for a 75% off sale as well for DS3, but I expect no more than 60% off this summer sale, probably will be 50% off at best for Deluxe Edition.
Let's hope for Black Friday/Winter Sale.

Funnily enough, DS1 was $10.99 during the Winter sale but $5 during black friday (or whatever that sale is called) and summer sale.

Durante

Next week is

fYWiLhf.png
Having now played a bit more of TitS:SC, I feel confident in stating that Estelle is the best JRPG protagonist of all time.

And I've played a lot of JRPGs.

yuraya

Man, Dark Souls III getting a steep discount seems to take an eternity, still waiting on 75%ish for the base game. Usually Bandai games get 50% within a ~4 months, and then 75% or something after a year, but apparently DS3 still sells well enough for them to hold the prices.

Yea it was a huge success for them. The game sold 1million+ in no time on steam and was #1 in npd in release month last year. Its easily the most successful souls game both critically and commercially. With recent DLC release its gonna remain pricey for at least another year probably.

madjoki

Most publishers have started stopped slashing prices hard on big sales since a few years back.
I've been waiting for a 75% off sale as well for DS3, but I expect no more than 60% off this summer sale, probably will be 50% off at best for Deluxe Edition.
Let's hope for Black Friday/Winter Sale.

Funnily enough, DS1 was $10.99 during the Winter sale but $5 during black friday (or whatever that sale is called) and summer sale.

Yeah and it sucks.

DS3 didn't even get Goty/Fire Fades edition on Steam at least for now.

Seems like you can pickup keys/physical of it copies for 35€-40€-ish, so that's much better than 85€ retail price on steam.

The issue with Play Anywhere -- statistically speaking -- is that, divorced of context, it muddies the line. An Xbox player who downloads his/her Win10 copy doesn't actually help the WinStore gain traction within the PC DD space.

Too bad there's nothing like SteamSpy for Xbox/WinStore.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1364884

Gundam vs for PS4 in the west is only the first step. Next one is PC

or so i hope

i read PS4 as PC :(

While Namco have been supporting PC with some their anime licensed properties (Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece), I'm not really sure if we'll see this on PC. It might be stuck on consoles like some of their other console-only anime published games (Gundam, Digimon, Sword Art Online).

Ganyc

While Namco have been supporting PC with some their anime licensed properties (Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece), I'm not really sure if we'll see this on PC. It might be stuck on consoles like some of their other console-only anime published games (Gundam, Digimon, Sword Art Online).

i don't want to believe this, but i am afraid that you are right (but isn't sword art online x accel world already announced for pc?)

btw i have always found it strange that bandai developed rise of incarnates for pc (then shut it down) and not Gundam Versus

That new Accel World x SAO game had a Steam logo.

i don't want to believe this, but i am afraid that you are right (but isn't sword art online x accel world already announced for pc?)

btw i have always found it strange that bandai developed rise of incarnates for pc (then shut it down) and not Gundam Versus

Sword Art Online never was announced for PC. I think it was a boxart mistake.
But yeah I believe there are some games that may remains console only because for Bamco, localization is just a bonus or a gesture of good will. They dont hope for growth on these IPs.

JaseC

No Prey demo on PC?

Nope.

Optimistically: Bethesda doesn't want people data mining or crackers tearing away at Denuvo.

Pessimistically: The PC port sucks, which is what most people are going to assume after the mess that is and continues to be Dishonored 2. But, hey, refunds.

Knurek

Having now played a bit more of TitS:SC, I feel confident in stating that Estelle is the best JRPG protagonist of all time.

And I've played a lot of JRPGs.

She has nothing on Balthier. Second best, sure. But no contest for the top dog award.

Arthea

She has nothing on Balthier. Second best, sure. But no contest for the top dog award.

you can't be serious, he's literally nobody, wouldn't even get on my character list. All I can remember about him that he's some sort of sky pirate (not even cool) and into rabbit girls.
Character development in FF12 is non existent in general, everybody is nobody

JaseC

Prey stuff:

https://bethesda.net/en/article/6At50JUQPSi0EqGK6qgYya/prey-system-specs-achievements-demo-launch

PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Minimum

CPU: Intel i5-2400, AMD FX-8320

GPU: GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2GB

Memory: 8 GB

Recommended

CPU: Intel i7-2600K, AMD FX-8350

GPU: GTX 970 4GB, AMD R9 290 4GB

Memory: 16 GB

PC DRIVERS

We'll update this post with the driver information soon. Stay tuned!

PC ADVANCED SETTINGS

Object Detail
Shadow Quality
Texture Quality
Anisotropic Filtering
Anti-Aliasing
Horizontal Field of View
Screen Space Directional Occlusion
Screen Space Reflections

And here's a bunch of preload and unlock times:

PRE-LOAD TIMES

<snip>

PC

May 3

GLOBAL UNLOCK TIMES

<snip> Prey unlocks on PC at midnight ET.

Prey unlocks on PC at midnight ET.

t1493956800z1.png

I love FF12 and I love Balthier but he doesn't even come close to being as great as Estelle. In general even with a character like him, FF12 is very weak in the protagonist department.

deejay

So Starcrawlers is leaving Early Access soon. Anyone here played it? Is it a good dungeon crawler?

Played it for a little while yesterday and it's really good. Lovely graphics and turn-based combat and with quests. It's very similar to Legend Of Grimrock, but set in a sci-fi setting. I'm sure there are more differences but I haven't played it enough yet. But what's there is very good.

Speaking about user reviews - i can't add my review right now, Steam just giving me blank error message, and i don't understand why this happening. Tried to post it through client, web-browser, same result. Is it just me or something is wrong with steam servers again?

Expeditions: Viking appears to be out now. The artbook/soundtrack/game bundle is slightly cheaper.

Also Jase was right, the Canadian pricing is Steam standard US price +10%.

He's saying "Waaaaaaaaaaagh!"

Edit: Maybe wait on buying it a bit, there's a launch discount that has appeared and disappeared several times. Ends on May 4th, so there's plenty of time.

Knurek

you can't be serious, he's literally nobody, wouldn't even get on my character list. All I can remember about him that he's some sort of sky pirate (not even cool) and into rabbit girls.
Character development in FF12 is non existent in general, everybody is nobody

fYWiLhf.png

You can't be serious, Arty, you simply can't be.

R856IzK.png

Oh yes, she absolutely is.

Everyone should use Estelle quotes to speak on forums from now on.

As for FFXII, Ashe does have some growth, the others are pretty much a "what you see is what you get" kind of thing, but when you're as awesome as Balthier that's all you need tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom