• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The problem is that the devs destroyed the game...

I mean it was a Battle Royale style of game where you had to look for your own equipment. Now you can choose which weapon you want to start with...
I didn't even hear about that, but I heard it was based on melee combat and they took away everything fun about the melee combat in the game.

Tizoc

Remind me why Steam sometimes resets the download of an update or game for?
I had like 10 GB left on Sniper GW3 but Steam reset it so I gotta dl the 40 GB again :S
This happens when the dev releases an update for a game right? So Steam resets the download so that the update is downloaded instead if not along with the game.

Tizoc

Sniper Elite 3 looks good for $10. Hope it goes that deep in the Summer Sale when I actually have money to spare.

Well as per ES, $10 is the cheapest it had ever been, and the Game+season pass was cheapest last time during Summer Sale 2016.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
reminder that humble monthly auto-renews tomorow

So Mount&Blade Warband is as good as ever, and the Prophecy of Pendor mod is GREAT FUN.

It's shocking that no other devs caught on to M&B's melee system and combat scale. Battles are genuinely visceral, epic affairs, where your character and your personal skills play heavily into victory. It's just the right mix of RPG and action to make everything work. The sound of arrows whizzing by as you ride in for the kill is unlike anything else--and completely unscripted!

Such a classic game. Hope M&B2 far exceeds it.

Edit: omg where did this Viking mod for Warband come from?! It sounds great. Truly, this is the Year of Vikings.

GMG sent me an e-mail for a 25% discount code for Dawn of War II.

But they meant Dawn of War III.

You wouldn't believe how hard and how long I LOLed over the whole fiasco.

Anyway, DoW III snuck up on me; I've always wanted to finish DoW II and really enjoyed what I played of it, but you know how that goes.

Knurek

Monkey Island 5Pirate Adventure Game for <€2

ss_bf94e12ef7ea95b9272cfdc554cc7564006f63ed.600x338.jpg
ss_8e7aa5c6b94e9686376f6e437d0f70f91f5af280.600x338.jpg

dex3108

The Lost and Damned done. That was really nice DLC. And man R* really nicely tied it to GTA IV. I am really sad that they never did SP DLC for GTA V.

Welp, off to a good start - first minutes of Dawn of War III campaign, and hero unit stuck in the wall after using jump ability. Also, game reset settings after relaunch and forcing low graphics presets, and it's impossible to change textures from low to high without relaunching game. I feel that this will be a fun ride.

Tizoc

Just finished Ghost 1.0, overall I enjoyed it but the early game is mainly tough because your attack damage is low, and you don't start upgrading your weapons' damage until the 2nd area.
Good story and voice acting too.

I think I'll finish up Hollow Knight now along with Contradiction at least until Sniper GW3 finishes downloading.

Arthea

thanks, do you also know if there's a quick way to increase the white orbs in the top right corner while gathering?
I'm not sure how far you are in the game but there is a charm (exploration equipment) you can make via alchemy that helps with that a lot. Keep in mind that when you raise that level to max (5 orbs), monsters get much stronger. They grow stronger with every lit orb in fact.
That charm 's effect is called seal of chaos, or something like that, the word chaos is in there for sure.

Also I just thought that I probably should explain material ranks better. There are ranks e, d, c, b, a and S. Where E is a bad material and A is good, but S is super good. You don't have access to S materials at the start of a game though. You probably will get your fist by killing some boss, much later in game you can get them from regular powerful monsters too.

EdmondD

It looks like they took out a lot of the destruction from Dawn of War 3 which is incredibly disappointing to me. All the environments I saw looked sterile and boring. I miss the crumbling buildings of Dawn of War 2. I have not played it but just judging from videos I watched.

I'm not sure how far you are in the game but there is a charm (exploration equipment) you can make via alchemy that helps with that a lot. Keep in mind that when you raise that level to max (5 orbs), monsters get much stronger. They grow stronger with every lit orb in fact.
That charm 's effect is called seal of chaos, or something like that, the word chaos is in there for sure.

Also I just thought that I probably should explain material ranks better. There are ranks e, d, c, b, a and S. Where E is a bad material and A is good, but S is super good. You don't have access to S materials at the start of a game though. You probably will get your fist by killing some boss, much later in game you can get them from regular powerful monsters too.

thank you!

Arthea

thank you!

I see I keep half explaining, maybe you know that already, but you raise that level (orb one) by gathering or killing monsters, only that charm makes it go up way faster. It resets when you leave a map, so you will have to discard a lot of lower quality/rank materials if you stay there long.

Hmm, those Prey demo impressions are not encouraging =/

The demo was a roller coaster for me. I wasn't feeling it for the first 20 minutes with the terrible input lag, no weight to the weapons, weak enemy encounters, the overbearing music that will just play when it wants even when the scene doesn't call for it and the slightly boring narrative that was occurring.

Then I started getting more weapons and experimenting some more and the narrative started picking up a little bit and started slightly enjoying it more to the point I would say "I'd get this on sale".

Then the combat encounters started becoming terrible when there were three or more enemies and the combat in general just felt like it was lacking something. It became a headache to fight some larger enemies as well and the demo started souring on me after a while.

It seems like the narrative can get interesting after reading a bunch of datalogs and audiologs and I like the world building/different ways to approach certain things, but most of the gameplay just wasn't grabbing me at all after playing around for two hours. I will definitely wait and see on reviews to see if the game becomes alot better the further in you play.

Anno

Didn't they already say that the sound mixing issues and input lag have been fixed/will be fixed with the day 1 patch?

Auraela

Banned
Two worlds 2 dlc and engine update with drm removal and achievements comes end of may.

The dlc can be brought as a standalone game or add on

Cmagus

Purchased Dragon quest Heroes 2 and I hope it's a solid port, gonna sit down with it tonight. Also picked up Gunmetal Arcadia Zero this morning and it's a pretty good throw back, Zelda 2 with a mix of Castlevania and it nails the look and game play pretty well. It's pretty short but the last achievement for clearing the game under 30 minutes is driving me nuts because one mess up and it pretty much wrecks your run.

I see I keep half explaining, maybe you know that already, but you raise that level (orb one) by gathering or killing monsters, only that charm makes it go up way faster. It resets when you leave a map, so you will have to discard a lot of lower quality/rank materials if you stay there long.

Don't worry, you were perfectly clear! I knew about the gathering to pop up orbs stuff

Uzzy

I guess that just means that Prey will be half price in a month's time, and I'll be on here extolling it's virtues while everyone complains about performance issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom