• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone should use Estelle quotes to speak on forums from now on.

Yes we should.

She has nothing on Balthier. Second best, sure. But no contest for the top dog award.
RmziFNG.jpg

Arthea

http://i.imgur.com/fYWiLhf.png[/IMG
You can't be serious, Arty, you simply can't be.[/QUOTE]

I can only assume you are very into sky piracy and rabbit girls, those two characteristics meeting in one character are pretty rare.
[SPOILER]lol sorry[/SPOILER]

[quote="Dragon1893, post: 234902587"]Everyone should use Estelle quotes to speak on forums from now on.
[/QUOTE]

I agree, that would make forums much better place

Knurek

I can only assume you are very into sky piracy and rabbit girls, those two characteristics meeting in one character are pretty rare.
lol sorry

Well, I played a lot of Touhou, so I guess I am into those things.
What's your excuse for liking a certain girl scout tomboy so much?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
So, uh, my dad sent me some pictures of the home laptop.

When booting up:
p1000366gujxv.jpg

Weird line in bios
p1000365nzkku.jpg

It looks like it's going to break apart.
Works fine, though. For now.

Anyone got an idea what's going on?
It's kinda freaking me out.

Grief.exe

So, uh, my dad sent me some pictures of the home laptop.

It looks like it's going to break apart.
Works fine, though. For now.

Anyone got an idea what's going on?
It's kinda freaking me out.

Since that error occurs before the OS even loads, it's likely a hardware error, specifically the GPU.

It's possible you need to take it apart reflow the GPU and reapply thermal paste. Often times the contacts for the GPU get messed up due to overheating, these can be reattached with the correct application of heat and pressure.

Take this advice with grain of salt since I have limited information, but I had that exact same issue before that I fixed.

Durante

What's your excuse for liking a certain girl scout tomboy so much?
She has a character development arc which doesn't suck. It's not far too rapid or immediately respondent to single, forced, events -- as is often the case in games with lesser writing -- but also not completely static. It is believable.

She has clearly identifiable moods, but the ways she transitions between them, and the reasons for those transitions make sense and are internally consistent.

While as a player you are initially tempted to see her as just an instantiation of a common character archetype (like so many JRPG characters -- or game characters in general -- are), over the course of both games she starts to defy those initial expectations.

So, we've established that the her character is portrayed in a coherent, realistic and interesting fashion. On top of that, the characteristics that are being portrayed at that level of quality are ones that make her, subjectively, very likeable.

She tries to help her friends when she can, but she reflects on her own actions enough to realize when her power is insufficient. She seeks to better herself at most opportunities. She can be funny, but not in an annoying joke character way, and she can also be serious or sad without turning into a consistently whiny wuss or alternatively a grimdark pseudo-nihilist -- all characterizations that are easier and far more common than an actually balanced character.

I think I'll make a thread about Estelle.

bbd23

I bought the first trails in the sky game on gog a few days ago.

will put some time into it this weekend after Little Nightmares

I need help from fellow Atelier Sophie players. What does the lvl of a material mean? Just that it's for more advanced stuff?
Also, what are the rankings for? I noticed that it's not the quality, since I have "A" materials with "Average" quality or "B" materials with "Very High" quality

Arthea

I agree with Durante here, she's has very likeable character, if I meet similar person in rl, I end up liking them too.

Arthea

I need help from fellow Atelier Sophie players. What does the lvl of a material mean? Just that it's for more advanced stuff?
Also, what are the rankings for? I noticed that it's not the quality, since I have "A" materials with "Average" quality or "B" materials with "Very High" quality

lvl of material? I'm not sure what you mean by that

A B C etc, are ranks of materials with S being highest. They are related to quality too.

edited:
oh I think I remembered, it's an alchemy level for that item

Knurek

She has a character development arc which doesn't suck. It's not far too rapid or immediately respondent to single, forced, events -- as is often the case in games with lesser writing -- but also not completely static. It is believable.

She has clearly identifiable moods, but the ways she transitions between them, and the reasons for those transitions make sense and are internally consistent.

While as a player you are initially tempted to see her as just an instantiation of a common character archetype (like so many JRPG characters -- or game characters in general -- are), over the course of both games she starts to defy those initial expectations.

So, we've established that the her character is portrayed in a coherent, realistic and interesting fashion. On top of that, the characteristics that are being portrayed at that level of quality are ones that make her, subjectively, very likeable.

She tries to help her friends when she can, but she reflects on her own actions enough to realize when her power is insufficient. She seeks to better herself at most opportunities. She can be funny, but not in an annoying joke character way, and she can also be serious or sad without turning into a consistently whiny wuss or alternatively a grimdark pseudo-nihilist -- all characterizations that are easier and far more common than an actually balanced character.

Estelle3.jpg

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Since that error occurs before the OS even loads, it's likely a hardware error, specifically the GPU.

It's possible you need to take it apart reflow the GPU and reapply thermal paste. Often times the contacts for the GPU get messed up due to overheating, these can be reattached with the correct application of heat and pressure.

Take this advice with grain of salt since I have limited information, but I had that exact same issue before that I fixed.

Thanks, i'll look into it.
Gonna open that sucker up tomorrow. It already looked very dusty on the outside and it's an almost eight year old laptop so I should probably buy some surgical masks.

Ha, very tempting. :D

Tizoc

Oh hey Sniper Elite series sale.
I'll grab base Snpier Elite 3 and grab the season pass during the Summer sale since it was cheaper then.

Cth

Agreed!

It's more than likely the graphics chip as Grief said. In the future, you can also connect an external monitor to the laptop and if the same graphics glitch is present it's the chip, as opposed to a bad LCD screen/pinched cable.

PaulSane

Speaking of Trails, i'm slowly making my way through FC in my presently limited free time (just reached chapter 2), and the only gripe i had with this game is that, until recently, it took a lot of time to go around talking to NPCs after every major story point - this problem is now pretty much gone, since i've started using that speedhack that was posted here :)

Two other things:
"You have 22 friends who play FC" vs "You have 6 friends wo play SC" makes me a little bit sad :p I'm fully expecting to see "You have a friend who plays 3rd" in a week.
This 500MB Trails SC patch that is installing right now is killing my limited internet traffic :( I'm in a pretty exotic country right now, and the internet here isn't as available as i'd like it to be, a couple more of these patches will cost me the whole Trails 3rd price.

Nyoro SF

nZwV7BN.png

K6Z7QYw.png

Hee hee.

Grief.exe

Agreed!

It's more than likely the graphics chip as Grief said. In the future, you can also connect an external monitor to the laptop and if the same graphics glitch is present it's the chip, as opposed to a bad LCD screen/pinched cable.

This is good advice, should do some further research with an external monitor before we go baking our motherboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom