• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any mods for the original Deus Ex that just spruce up the visuals and leaves everything else untouched?

Or just rendering the base game in a higher resolution:

http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/

Basically, this guy made a DirectX 10 renderer for Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Deux Ex, and Rune that allows the base game to be played in its vanilla condition on a higher resolution and some fancier effects here and there. But no changes in design, which is kind of important to me.

I know this one at least works, even if it's an oldie at this point, and is hassle-free (like, no save game bullshit and stuff), so that's why I'm mentioning it.

However, on the topic of Unreal, the Return To Na Pali expansion pack becomes inaccessible with this renderer and can only be properly used using the OldUnreal 227g patch or more recent, which is apparently 227i, finalized in 2012.
In it's real vanilla state the game is simply unplayable / crashed at boot because it's not framerate limited. I really feel that Steam could do more to add a 'use this fan update with game' message to older games before people buy them.

Like how you need OpenXcom to make Xcom playable, the Taffer updates for Thief 1 & 2, the Sneaky update for Thief 3 (includes the community 'gold' patch, which removes in map loading screens and makes it more like Thief 2, which is awesome), a RedFaction patch that I don't recall the name of, and so on. System Shock 2 needs to be set one core or somehow updated (I think the Steam version has this though), and so on.

I still haven't figured out how to prevent Soul Reaver (and 2) from crashing on the same section (where it's supposed to start loading but instead it crashes), and it's far from the only older game with that kind of problem. (if someone knows the answer to this one, please enlighten me)

kind of a side story to your question, but there it is.

As a bonus unrelated to Steam, for those of you who think Starcraft HD is a load of crap and just want the campaign in Starcraft 2 (because easier on the eyes), the Mass Recall community mod has recently been made compatible with Legacy of the Void and that's the entire Starcraft and Broodwar campaign remade in Starcraft 2, with all the benefits that brings.
Which is actually pretty awesome in terms of time and effort put into that.

PAUonePUNCH

Neo Member
7B4XWJ3.png

yes

zkylon

zkylewd
humble monthly is pretty cool, i was planning on getting event[0] soon so that's pretty good and kingdom looks interesting. layers of fear is probably too scary for my taste so i won't redeem it right away, i might just gift it here, idk

next month's looks good too, inside is pretty great

also good news about tits 3, i don't care much for those series but i'm glad ppl that like it get more games. tho honestly tits kinda sucks lol

Happy Birthday Zky. I hope they release a new skin for your cat girl in the League of Heroes or whatever.
it's laugh out loud, thank you very much

many thanks to all btw

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Party Jousting Zombie Pack DLC -- MB-8D07F0B61C8D5E04 - Taken by Vuze
Mighty Party: Battle of Toads -- MB-300D4701EC53328D - Taken by Kagemusha
First add the f2p Mighty Party to your Steam account, than redeem the key. Same for Party Jousting.

MUnited83

For you.
For the people that got the Monthly, go play some Slime-San. If you like platforms like Super Meat Boy, it will be right up your alley. Very charming artstyle too, and the soundtrack is fucking awesome.

This thread should be getting kickbacks from XSEED and Koei Tecmo, y'all making me want to play Atelier and Trails, and I rarely touch JRPGs. The protagonists seem so charming.

Vibranium

Banned
Road to Hill 30 done, gameplay hasn't aged good at all but the historical unlockables are awesome and some decent writing for Baker and Red especially.

Call of Duty WWII should copy the basic idea of BiA, by making the player squad leader if you ask me.

zkylon

zkylewd
Road to Hill 30 done, gameplay hasn't aged good at all but the historical unlockables are awesome and some decent writing for Baker and Red especially.

Call of Duty WWII should copy the basic idea of BiA, by making the player squad leader if you ask me.
i don't think it aged that bad, it's a bit simplistic but last time i played it i still found it really fun and rewarding to pull off those flanks. i feel like hell's highway aged a lot worse with the first generation cover shooter mechanics and the pretty terrible tank sections

earned in blood is a pretty good follow up to rth30 so try it out if u liked the first one

Monooboe

With Humble monthly having two early unlocks, does that mean we get one more game in the end or just that there will be less supprise?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
With Humble monthly having two early unlocks, does that mean we get one more game in the end or just that there will be less supprise?

Less surprises most likely, its always 8 games.

deejay

I think Nier Automata is great, I finished it recently with ending A and although I don't think it's the best game ever (story- or gameplay-wise) I'm having a hard time replaying the whole thing AGAIN from a different point of view for ending B(?). Yes, there are big and subtle changes (mostly subtle so far) but I've pretty much been playing the exact same thing again. Does this change further on or...?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think Nier Automata is great, I finished it recently with ending A and although I don't think it's the best game ever (story- or gameplay-wise) I'm having a hard time replaying the whole thing AGAIN from a different point of view for ending B(?). Yes, there are big and subtle changes (mostly subtle so far) but I've pretty much been playing the exact same thing again. Does this change further on or...?

Route C is completely new and its the best part of the game. You just have to suffer throughB, which shouldn't exist in my opinion.

zkylon

zkylewd
changes very little during playthrough b

playthrough c is pretty different story wise, tho it's the same areas again so don't get your hopes up

deejay

Thanks guys, I'll just finish it later then I guess. I have too much other stuff that I just want to start as soon as possible.

Ascheroth

You haven't finished it until you have ending E.
Just continue.

Rhaknar

Thanks guys, I'll just finish it later then I guess. I have too much other stuff that I just want to start as soon as possible.

Thats like saying you will finish the rest of witcher or what have you later. You literally played a third of the game.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
is killer is dead any good?

was thinking of installing that

It's gorgeous. The story is surreal nonsense. The gameplay is simple/standard action beat'em up. I liked it. You'll probably enjoy taking screen shots of it.

deejay

Thats like saying you will finish the rest of witcher or what have you later. You literally played a third of the game.

Choices ;)
Doing everything again a second time is too much for me right now. I'd rather get a fresh experience. But I'll 'finish' it eventually, I'm sure.

Echoplx

Choices ;)
Doing everything again a second time is too much for me right now. I'd rather get a fresh experience. But I'll 'finish' it eventually, I'm sure.

It's not everything again, there's lots of sections you don't play, it's much shorter overall.

Wok

I know you folks here absolutely loooooooooooove Jim Sterling so you'll be interested to know he's having a fun time with The Sexy Brutale.

Can't wait to hear more impressions/reviews about the game soon. It's definitely in my radar.

It has been mon my radar since February. It looks like a fun Groundhog Day / Cluedo. Plus it is made by a new studio, Cavalier, with the help of Tequila, the studio behind the more-amazing-than-people-admit Deadlight.

Rhaknar

Fair enough, but how much of it would be the same? 75%?

Route B? I think it took me 8 hours compared to the 15 of Route A, and thats doing sidequests. Gameplay wise its also different because you
mostly hack shit with 9S
. Dont get me wrong its the worst part of the game but I still feel it should all be played in order.

And I NEVER replay games or do NG+s and shit so I know where you're coming from.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's probably a mistake to drop nier at ending a but i can totally understand not wanting to go through all that shit again. it was annoying in nier 1 and it's annoying here, tho nier 1 handled it better since the story implications were much more interesting

but yea, the word "ending" has a dumb meaning in these games since by dropping the game at "ending a" you're getting an incomplete experience. most of the good stuff is hidden away at the very end of the last playthrough, so instead of thinking them as endings you should think of them as different chapters or something

specifically for nier 2, ending c is all new story content but the general structure and locations disappointingly stay the same, so if you were tired of the desert and the forest and whatnot then tough break. the stuff in endings c and up are worth seeing, so make the effort if you can

if not just youtube it honestly

Tizoc

One thing though- If you apply the fix, there is a 'dating mission' you shouldn't do, namely the one with the Japanese girl. If you apply 60 FPS for some reason the game crashes at that part of the game.
Note that you can also disable the HUD too if you want!
Overall the port runs fine and is short enough to play thru the main playthru on Normal at least.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-8D07F0B61C8D5E04 - Taken by Vuze

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Mystery Gift #2 failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

Trying to understand your scenario here. It sounds like you were trying to download the DoW3 beta on your main PC, but the download messed up. But instead of restarting the download on your main PC, you're trying to download it on your netbook? Why can't you restart the download on the main PC?
Because it was midnight were i'm live and my main PC is in bedroom, and i can't leave it like that because sounds of working PC is really noticeable when you trying to sleep. I'm usually using my tablet for downloading big files because it is completely noiseless and allowing to download files while my bandwidth is free and at full speed. But Valve didn't allowed me to do this and now i need to spend my day to download files instead of playing it. And my family will wake up soon and internet speed will dramatically dropped because this is weekends and everyone wants to use internet too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom