• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nier Automata is getting a concert performance in Tokyo on the 16th. Here's the poster.

twped.jpg

Glorious!

Battlechili

Banned
Man this week just keeps getting better. Trails in the Sky 3rd finally has a release date, and Trails of Cold Steel I & II got PC port announcements. Alongside SEGA most likely porting Bayonetta in the very near future, this is looking to be a wonderful time.

Tizoc

Man this week just keeps getting better. Trails in the Sky 3rd finally has a release date, and Trails of Cold Steel I & II got PC port announcements. Alongside SEGA most likely porting Bayonetta in the very near future, this is looking to be a wonderful time.

Bayonetta, Vanquish and Shenmue 1+2 HD announcements this year.
Believe~

Doomedfool

weird that its 2 games as showcase, I mean, Dirt Rally is still full price that would have bee enough I think? Guess they think the Dirt name doesnt have mainstream appeal?

I mean im not complaining lol
yeah, they did the 2 game thing once before with last April's bundle. Showcased This War of Mine and South Park: Stick of Truth. Helped make that a really easy grab for me, since I had wanted them both.

Glad they did it this time, too. I really don't enjoy realistic racers, but is okay because I do want Inside.

Arthea

why everybody keeps forgetting that Cosmic Star Heroine is finally releasing in 4 days too, not only Bayo.

Other than that this year continues being insanely good.

http://i.imgur.com/7B4XWJ3.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

now that's gaf logo I can get behind

Teggy

So what is the official list of approved sellers now? I notice a lot of people buying from CDKeys now where before they were not on the list. Is the old list out the window?

Tizoc

So what is the official list of approved sellers now? I notice a lot of people buying from CDKeys now where before they were not on the list. Is the old list out the window?

Aside from CDKeys, who are more in the grey area, these sites are legit
Gamebillet
DLGamer
Gamersgate
Gamesplanet

Teggy

Aside from CDKeys, who are more in the grey area, these sites are legit
Gamebillet
DLGamer
Gamersgate
Gamesplanet

So is CDKeys SteamGAF approved now grey or not? I feel like there used to be an answer about this in the FAQ previously, but maybe I am not searching for the right words.

People have said Greenman is moving more into grey areas lately.

FLD

The 3rd release date AND Cold Steel on PC?! Goddamn, that is some great news to wake up to.

RIP my Vita. You had a good run buddy but Cold Steel was pretty much the last thing I needed you for. Now I'm kinda glad I only got 10 hours into CS2 before shelving it. Some sections of CS1 were just painful performance-wise. Definitely holding off for the PC version.

Now the question is, do I try to replay CS1 to get a save ready for the PC version of CS2? It wasn't that long ago that I played it and it has some serious pacing issues...

Tizoc

Oh so I just had to BUY something while in the TF2 Store so I can start selling stuff.
Bought something for $0.99 and started selling much of my inventory.
THE MUNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Parsnip

WWVVZse.gif

A friend gifted me Monsters Ate My Birthday Cake for my birthday so I started playing that. It's cute and charming little puzzler, with surprisingly amusing writing.

Also messed up the latest elusive target. Well, I got the kill and didn't get caught but someone else died too. I suck with explosions.

Also worst part about getting banned was being stuck on the white theme. It's practically a crime against humanity.

Nere

I loved to play modern warfare 2 during uni so thinking buying it again on PC. Anyone has it and can confirm if there people still playing and if it is full of hackers?

Bummer, I purchased Inside on Monday because it was on sale for $12, and haven't touched it yet, Now it's in the new Monthly Bundle, so I went to try to refund it (I've never done a refund on Steam, so I don't know exactly how it works) but when I went to try to refund it, I just got an error to try again later and it doesn't work even after multiple retries.

Madventure

Bummer, I purchased Inside on Monday because it was on sale for $12, and haven't touched it yet, Now it's in the new Monthly Bundle, so I went to try to refund it (I've never done a refund on Steam, so I don't know exactly how it works) but when I went to try to refund it, I just got an error to try again later and it doesn't work even after multiple retries.

Should be 1 week(2?) time elapsed from purchase 2 hours of time played max to get a refund on a game bought on steam

Yeah, Paradox must be paying attention to new player surveys on message boards or something, 'cause that bundle includes the most frequently recommended expansions. That's a really smart package and a no-brainer starter kit for a first time CK2 player.

I think the "next in line" options to consider for future purchase would be Conclave, Reaper's Due, and Charlemagne.

Also note, I wouldn't dismiss the cosmetic packs out of hand, as they add a lot of personality and flair to the game. Don't need to worry about it right now, but if the game does hook you, the now bundled packs (music, portraits, etc.) are a good deal. I'd esp. consider the Portrait Pack, as you're going to be looking at people's faces. A lot. And since you're dealing with a large swath of multi-cultural races & societies, having their faces and clothes be period authentic adds a lot of immersion to the game. Music Pack is ace too.
100% agree with this post. All three add features you will use every game, particularly Reaper's Due.

And... I suppose I should admit my dark secret: CK2 is the only game where I've really embraced cosmetic DLC; I own it all and it is my greatest shame. But it does add a great deal of variety to CK2, where each region on the map feels very distinct.

Tomasety

So is CDKeys SteamGAF approved now grey or not? I feel like there used to be an answer about this in the FAQ previously, but maybe I am not searching for the right words.

My honest opinion about grey sites.

I consider a grey site any that sells cd-keys without a direct contract with involved publishers such as:
Cdkeys, instangaming, playasia etc...

Then there are sites like GMG which follow the rule mentioned above but only for certain games.

Wok

I use https://isthereanydeal.com to find out if a site seems legit. If the store is listed there, I'm fine with it.

OfQrzf3.png
GJdA1QO.png

gngf123

GMG were called out by a couple of publishers before for not using keys obtained from them, but I don't believe there has been anything more recently?

CDKeys gets mentioned on SteamGAF a lot, most people seem to be okay with it but they are definitely grey market. They are basically the equivalent of the old Russian bear.

Since there was the steam talk with TotalBuscuit and stuff and I've read that totalbuscuit is a GGer and stuff...what does that mean? I don't know anything about gamersgate(??) and what does that imply...all the gossip stuff. Where can I find infos? I'm curious now

Dang, Cold Steel coming to PC. Great news. I'll be honest though, I don't see myself replaying these games, they're great but also fucking huge. Hell, I still haven't finished CS2.
Can't wait for 3rd though.
What a time to be alive.

gngf123

Since there was the steam talk with TotalBuscuit and stuff and I've read that totalbuscuit is a GGer and stuff...what does that mean? I don't know anything about gamersgate(??) and what does that imply...all the gossip stuff. Where can I find infos? I'm curious now

Gamergate.

He is most famous for being somewhat against Anita Sarkeesian, and saying that death threats against her were not legitimate because "frankly, she is still breathing". Feel free to search into all the hideous shit Gamergate has caused in the industry, because frankly I'd rather not talk about it. There's huge articles on wikipedia and loads of places about it, but the core of it is: Attacking women in the industry and those who defend them under the guise of "integrity" and "freedom of speech". It literally started with Zoe Quinn's ex boyfriend posting a rant about her on a blog trying to slut shame her, that ended up being completely false.

He has also tried to deflect criticism aimed at Jontron, who recently went on a white supremacist rant, and claimed that the real problem was media reporting on it.

Wok

I think I will preorder the Sexy Brutale on Steam, so that:
  • I benefit from the 10% preorder discount,
  • I can still play a bit and refund the game if the reviews are crap.
It seems like a better idea than waiting for the reviews and not benefit from the 2€ preorder discount.

PaulLFC

I remember reading a while back that Valve got in trouble with the UK Advertising Standards Agency for not correctly showing the purchase price of games / bundles. It doesn't appear they've made much effort to improve this if today's deal is anything to go by.

Edit: Apologies for the huge screenshots, posted them from mobile. Hopefully quoting them reduces the size of them a bit.

xist

Just finished Mass Effect 2. I enjoyed it much more than the first one (less recycled interiors, more interesting missions, and very little in the way of vehicle shenanigans) and it felt much more grandiose. However, It did somewhat ruin my immersion to think that everyone else in the galaxy is just kicking back whilst a single spaceship goes from planet to planet saving the universe. For instance, what are the Turian's doing??? Just watching? How did this supposed ruling council come into being if they don't even deploy any peacekeeping forces, and let a "rogue" human centric group meddle in everything.

Also the Shadow Broker dlc was awesome...probably my favourite bit of the game because it had peaks that punctuated the mission. However, that being said there's no way that I intend to buy any of the ME3 dlc when each bit costs more than I paid for the entire ME trilogy....I did get From the Ashes cheap from Origin at Christmas, but thanks to the ridiculous Bioware point system everything else will remain a mystery. Kind of sad that means no Citadel (because it sounds great) but I refuse to capitulate to ridiculous dlc pricing.

Lomax

I hated Limbo with an everliving passion, but people here have said enough good things about Inside that I'm excited to give it a try. That said, if it ends up being at all like Limbo I'm going to be very cross.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I hated Limbo with an everliving passion, but people here have said enough good things about Inside that I'm excited to give it a try. That said, if it ends up being at all like Limbo I'm going to be very cross.

Its very much like Limbo. But much better

Jawmuncher

Just finished Mass Effect 2. I enjoyed it much more than the first one (less recycled interiors, more interesting missions, and very little in the way of vehicle shenanigans) and it felt much more grandiose. However, It did somewhat ruin my immersion to think that everyone else in the galaxy is just kicking back whilst a single spaceship goes from planet to planet saving the universe. For instance, what are the Turian's doing??? Just watching? How did this supposed ruling council come into being if they don't even deploy any peacekeeping forces, and let a "rogue" human centric group meddle in everything.

Also the Shadow Broker dlc was awesome...probably my favourite bit of the game because it had peaks that punctuated the mission. However, that being said there's no way that I intend to buy any of the ME3 dlc when each bit costs more than I paid for the entire ME trilogy....I did get From the Ashes cheap from Origin at Christmas, but thanks to the ridiculous Bioware point system everything else will remain a mystery. Kind of sad that means no Citadel (because it sounds great) but I refuse to capitulate to ridiculous dlc pricing.

Apparently the ME3 DLC does go on sale now. So be on the look out next time there is one. They have some sort of odd system added for them now to make them cheaper even with the bioware points.

Is it ME3 DLC that goes on sale or Bioware Points?

...Bioware points. Ugh.

IIRC the whole basis for ME2 is that no one believe the Shepard re: Reapers, except TIM.

If you killed the Council:
I mean, Sovereign was just an elaborate hoax pretty much so it's understandable. The Shepard killed the Council so obviously he's not to be trusted

If you saved the Council:
The Council doesn't trust the Shepard so obviously there's no reason to believe him. I mean, Sovereign was just an elaborate hoax pretty much so it's understandable.

Gonna have to make May my first Humble Monthly subscription. I've been wanting to replay Inside on PC and Dirt Rally has been on my wishlist forever. Even without the other games that a hell of a deal.

Uzzy

The only people who can save the galaxy are a bunch of Human Supremacist Terrorists. That's the important message to take from ME2.

Melville

Hi, is there a simple way to reconfigure the Xbox One controller at the OS level?
I would like to swap two of the buttons (LS3 to Screen/Select button), but I couldn't find the right software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom