• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Well if you don't mind checking in on the site daily then it's free games if you save up the coins.

This is totally my kind of thing. I love it in mobile games when I have to check in every day, and here I'll get coins every day and chests for streaks, this sounds great! I'll definitely make use of it. When did this service launch?

Monooboe

This is totally my kind of thing. I love it in mobile games when I have to check in every day, and here I'll get coins every day and chests for streaks, this sounds great! I'll definitely make use of it. When did this service launch?

Haha then you are set. Chrono.gg as a site and strore has been around for awhile but the coin stuff started a month ago.

deejay

Route B? I think it took me 8 hours compared to the 15 of Route A, and thats doing sidequests. Gameplay wise its also different because you
mostly hack shit with 9S
. Dont get me wrong its the worst part of the game but I still feel it should all be played in order.

And I NEVER replay games or do NG+s and shit so I know where you're coming from.

Alright, guess I'll continue it then :) Thanks for the advice all.

Interplay continues to add their old backlog to Steam. Anyone remembered M.A.X.: Mechanized Assault & Exploration? It was nice strategy game back then.

Monooboe

Haha wow, card prices really do crash the instant it's in a bundle. For example Layers of Fear card prices dropped over 0.10 in less than 12 hours.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm still wondering what was troubling Battle Realms being put to Steam. It got through fine in GoG but not there.

Ascheroth

Just played through Momodora III.
Probably took me something between 1 and 2 hours to complete it, with 100%.
Short, but very good.

Think I'm going to get Reverie Under the Moonlight in the Summer Sale.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Black Mesa -- MB-AA0DEBAAE9F0A201 - Taken by Mikurden. 37 entrants total.

t1491735805z1.png

NeoRaider

I think Nier Automata is great, I finished it recently with ending A and although I don't think it's the best game ever (story- or gameplay-wise) I'm having a hard time replaying the whole thing AGAIN from a different point of view for ending B(?). Yes, there are big and subtle changes (mostly subtle so far) but I've pretty much been playing the exact same thing again. Does this change further on or...?

I am pretty sure that i won't be able to do this too.
I can't believe that ppl are playing it for 3rd or 4th time.

NeoRaider

Um....
The game isnt finished...

Its like saying "I played FF7 till I am out of Midgard. Finished it!"

The story isn't finished at that point.

People really should stop calling it multiple playthroughs.

That's ok. I guess i will just watch it on YT or maybe replay it later. I never said that Story is finished afters 1st playthrough. It's just that i don't care so much.

Honestly i don't have enough time and don't want to play same game for 5 times (with some changes in gameplay) just to see the real ending.
Already having hard time finding enjoyment in side-quests of this game.

Knurek

Honestly i don't have enough time and don't want to play same game for 5 times (with some changes in gameplay) just to see the real ending.
Already having hard time finding enjoyment in side-quests of this game.

It's not the same game, that's the point.
Don't think of the routes as separate playthroughs, think of them more like chapters.
You don't read a first chapter of the book and say 'Who has time for this shit, I'm done', do you?

I'm at the beginning of [C] and it's just a chore so far. Doing the same thing all over again, and nothing substantial in the story department.

I guess it'll take off later?

Pachimari

I did last time they had one, haven't installed it this time yet

I see. Well, I got into my first game, and it seems like I ended up on a Chinese server, so I understood nothing. Didn't encounter a single enemy. It seems to be a very slow-paced battlefield kind of game. Reminds me a bit of the old Operation Flashpoint games.

NeoRaider

It's not the same game, that's the point.
Don't think of the routes as separate playthroughs, think of them more like chapters.
You don't read a first chapter of the book and say 'Who has time for this shit, I'm done', do you?

I watched parts of route B on YT and it's basically the same thing. Only difference is that you are playing as 9S. Same bosses, same enemies, same missions...

Echoplx

I watched parts of route B on YT and it's basically the same thing. Only difference is that you are playing as 9S. Same bosses, same enemies, same missions...

Wow you watched some parts on YT? I guess you're more informed then the people who've actually played all the routes.

Uzzy

I'm at the beginning of [C] and it's just a chore so far. Doing the same thing all over again, and nothing substantial in the story department.

I guess it'll take off later?

Things get crazy like five minutes into Route C. So yeah, it does.

Wow you watched some parts on YT? I guess you're more informed then the people who've actually played all the routes.

I know right. The way some here on SteamGAF talk about Nier Automata makes me wonder if they even played the same game I did.

NeoRaider

I know right. The way some here on SteamGAF talk about Nier Automata makes me wonder if they even played the same game I did.

What's wrong with that? Different opinions. I am not enjoying it as much as i thought i would. I never said that it's a bad game or something. I was just replying to post talking about not being able to play 4 more routes after finishing route A. That's all.

I barely replay games, i only played few games more than once and i know that NieR has to offer more with every playthrough but i would not be able to enjoy it all. That's it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Enter this only if you are desperate -- MB-2EF92967684ADD85 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 5 entrants total.

t1491665530z1.png

What's wrong with that? Different opinions. I am not enjoying it as much as i thought i would. I never said that it's a bad game or something. I was just replying to post talking about not being able to play 4 more routes after finishing route A. That's all.

I barely replay games, i only played few games more than once and i know that NieR has to offer more with every playthrough but i would not be able to enjoy it all. That's it.

The thing is that, unlike most of Route B, the other Routes are just continuations...
Its not "replaying the game again"...

Route B is similar to DMC4. Route C+D continue the story....

NeoRaider

The thing is that, unlike most of Route B, the other Routes are just continuations...
Its not "replaying the game again"...

Route B is similar to DMC4. Route C+D continue the story....

I will finish route A then decide what to do. But route B being similar to route A is enough to turn me off from continuing honestly.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Did we seriously have someone who said route c was the same as the first two lol

Never change steamgaf.

Slightly spoilery if you haven't finished routa a and b
route c is literally the "second act", the continuation of the story after the two first ends.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
ffs I have the controller setup properly in steam but whenever i use it with steam open all the buttons do different things, only happens when steam is open :(

Jawmuncher

I will finish route A then decide what to do. But route B being similar to route A is enough to turn me off from continuing honestly.

Route B is very short though. You can run through it pretty quickly. I played on normal and didn't need to grind or anything. Just had to make sure I had healing items.

Echoplx

ffs I have the controller setup properly in steam but whenever i use it with steam open all the buttons do different things, only happens when steam is open :(

If you aren't launching the game through Steam it will be using the desktop configuration which is set to mouse and keyboard config by default, have you tried changing the desktop config to a controller layout?

And even if you are launching through Steam, Origin and it's overlay can interfere with Steam and stop it from hooking properly, meaning it will be using the desktop config.

I took a break from NieR:A during Route B as I did think it had cool differences but not enough to distract me from other games out this quarter, but I jumped back in last night and finished B/started C and yes, it's a welcome change and the insanity dial has just been turned even further. I think I will finish off NieR this weekend before diving further into other games because a lot of the story depends on remembering details from previous playthroughs. Definitely recommend anyone that dropped off on Route A/B keep going!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I see. Well, I got into my first game, and it seems like I ended up on a Chinese server, so I understood nothing. Didn't encounter a single enemy. It seems to be a very slow-paced battlefield kind of game. Reminds me a bit of the old Operation Flashpoint games.
Communication is definitely needed. Your squad leader needs to be in touch with the other squad leaders

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
If you aren't launching the game through Steam it will be using the desktop configuration which is set to mouse and keyboard config by default, have you tried changing the desktop config to a controller layout?

And even if you are launching through Steam, Origin and it's overlay can interfere with Steam and stop it from hooking properly, meaning it will be using the desktop config.

Yeah, I've tried. Just doesn't play well with Origin :(

Ah well, small problem to have

Aaron D.

Did we seriously have someone who said route c was the same as the first two lol

Never change steamgaf.

Slightly spoilery if you haven't finished routa a and b
route c is literally the "second act", the continuation of the story after the two first ends.

Honestly, I just don't have the patience for multiple playthoughs of story-rich games anymore. If a dev couldn't be bothered to lay it all out the first time, why would I go back again and again to pick up the remaining bits?

Feels like it's wasting my time.

Not a popular opinion, esp. about the all-coveted Nier. But there it is.

Ascheroth

Honestly, I just don't have the patience for multiple playthoughs of story-rich games anymore. If a dev couldn't be bothered to lay it all out the first time, why would I go back again and again to pick up the remaining bits?

Feels like it's wasting my time.

Not a popular opinion, esp. about the all-coveted Nier. But there it is.
NIER AUTOMATA DOES NOT HAVE MULTIPLE PLAYTHROUGHS IN THE CONVENTIAL SENSE.
They are chapters, arcs, acts, whatever you want to call them.

ffs how often does this have to be said.

Jawmuncher

I agree with what other people are saying though. Yoko Taro could do a better job of laying this out. Like really, what does having multiple "endings" that aren't technically endings, and a bunch of credits throughout the game really accomplish outside some "oh taro, doing things differently, that rapscallion".

I don't blame anyone for doing route A, getting burnt out and then going "wait I gotta do that again?", without knowing what lies ahead.

I think it all could have been pieced together better, Without sacrificing any real artistic vision. I think it's another case where the budget shows, obviously it's much higher than the first game. But you can tell it was still limited, due to how much repetition you could argue is there in numerous forms. Which is a clever way around such a constraint. But some people are going to notice that, and not be impressed.

Yeah if seeing credit rolls and repeating some sections counts as separate playthroughs, I must have played Metal Gear Solid V about 6000 times.

People bothered with Route B can just focus on the story missions and get through it in no time.

Yep. Route B has some new sidequests that go with the new ability but if that's not your thing you can just do a straight rush of the story. It'll be really quick since you know where to go and you can just skip any enemies that aren't mandatory. Some levels that took a while to explore the first time around are literally just two fights in the subsequent playthrough if you don't want to do anything else. You can even drop the difficulty down to easy and the game will play itself while you run around.

I can understand that repeating the content can feel like a bit of a slog but there are differences, especially in the second half of the game and it opens up to all new content on Route C.

I need help from people frar smarter then me on this Steam issue (at least I think it's an Steam thing).

Out of nowhere, at least to my knowledge, the mouse cursor has decided to show up in the middle of the screen during all of my games. No natter if I run them full screen, borderless or anything in between.

The mouse cursor is just there, and I have to move the cursor out of the screen so it doesn't show up during games. I've tested it in a handful of games and it is a persistent issue across all games I've played.

It's especially annoying when trying to use Steam Streaming as I can't move the cursor with my controller.

Did Valve change something in a Steam update lately that made this happen, or have I done something with my computer without knowing it?

I'm playing Turok 2 and there's a door in level 4 that won't open when I try to go through the level a second time. That's bad enough, but there's also a point of no return between me and the preceding check point, so I'm stuck until Night Dive fixes this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom