• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, im giving away this humble keys I already have/dont want to play, good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for sotodefonk:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (sotodefonk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Unholy Heights -- MB-AA4B0E7B00EDFDCD - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 7 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-B37A887A62B76CB9 - Taken by Mobius and pet octopus. 22 entrants total.

t1407826987z1.png

Levyne

Banned
Thanks for this. Bought the Redux pack with both so this will help me know what i'm getting into for the DLC. Glad they seem to be their own stories really. Thus making it something I can come back to rather than really needing to play right after I beat it. Pavel has me the most interested.

Thanks, I hope the goofy little icons help illustrate my takeaway, lol.

The Pavel level is the single best piece of Metro content TBH. The level has tons of shortcuts that are really gratifying to discover and the use of level area is really clever. I soaked it in one like 2 hour session and loved it.

I agree, it was a really nice level. I just wish the other two in the pack weren't so relatively lackluster :(

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
anything worth buying in the weeklong deals?

alternatively, are there any good deals out there using tf2 keys?

La-Mulana and Super Hexagon. La-Mulana was $1.49 before, but that was just to celebrate their Kickstarter for La-Mulana 2 or something. Super Hexagon was less than a dollar before, but it's worth it for the amount of time you'll end up putting into it.

VVVVVV is alright (I don't really like pixel perfect platforming), but it's been $0.49 before, so maybe hold off if you're not sure about it.

Oh well... Today was a really bad day for a myriad of reasons. But i wanted to give this away. Had some card money left. Have fun!
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dio Brando, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eryi's Action -- MB-C8A632DC9DDE9E77 - Taken by dot. 7 entrants total.

t1407817142z1.png

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
La-Mulana and Super Hexagon. La-Mulana was $1.49 before, but that was just to celebrate their Kickstarter for La-Mulana 2 or something. Super Hexagon was less than a dollar before, but it's worth it for the amount of time you'll end up putting into it.

VVVVVV is alright (I don't really like pixel perfect platforming), but it's been $0.49 before, so maybe hold off if you're not sure about it.

I already own Super Hexagon (2hard4me) and VVVVVV (I should go back, gave up at that Veni Vidi Vici part), and I have La Mulana on WiiWare. Thanks!

Ozium

La-Mulana and Super Hexagon. La-Mulana was $1.49 before, but that was just to celebrate their Kickstarter for La-Mulana 2 or something.

hmm I want La Mulana and am passing on it becaue it was cheaper before and I'd assumed it was just a steam sale, not something specifically tied to an event.

now I don't know what to do lol

Levyne

Banned
I already own Super Hexagon (2hard4me) and VVVVVV (I should go back, gave up at that Veni Vidi Vici part), and I have La Mulana on WiiWare. Thanks!

I gave up here too until some poeple (actually, Man God and Bassforever, lol) demanded I get all of the secret doo-dads. You should give it another go!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I agree, it was a really nice level. I just wish the other two in the pack weren't so relatively lackluster :(

Woops, I mixed up Pavel with the the Kshatriya Artifact Library level. Pavel was still pretty cool though. I liked the combat encounters in his level a lot.

But yeah my top 3 would be:
1. Kshatriya - great level design
2. Spider Lair - great atmosphere
3. Pavel - great combat scenarios

The rest are just decent.

Levyne

Banned
Oh wow, I was going to start up RAGE today (even despite middling opinions) and I had no idea it had an expansion (or a single dlc, whatever). For some reason I find the expansion listing as advertising "extended play mode" as a little weird. Though I supposed that's what Broken Steel was too.

Well, I guess I'll see how I take to the base game, first.

Edit: Holy fucking jesus christ at this texture pop. Wolfenstein TNO had me somewhat prepared but this is exceedingly worse.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
hmm I want La Mulana and am passing on it becaue it was cheaper before and I'd assumed it was just a steam sale, not something specifically tied to an event.

now I don't know what to do lol

Hint: you should get it. Screw potentially getting it at a lower price! :p

Yeah Veni Vidi Vici is a pain in the ass. Good luck with that. The only other one that I've played on that list is Fairy Bloom Freesia, which isn't bad either... The enemies are somewhat repetitive, but it's fun and there's a lot of ways to customize how you fight. Kind of reminds me of Tales of Symphonia's battle system a little, except you have to pay to unlock the skills you earn by leveling up. Bosses are fairly tough, story's serviceable, and you can beat it in 2 hours.

But it's been bundled before, so you might just want to wait on that.

Oh wow, I was going to start up RAGE today (even despite middling opinions) and I had no idea it had an expansion (or a single dlc, whatever). For some reason I find the expansion listing as advertising "extended play mode" as a little weird. Though I supposed that's what Broken Steel was too.

Well, I guess I'll see how I take to the base game, first.

Yeah, that DLC was released more than a year after the game. Pretty odd. I'd already sold my PS3 copy of the game before it came out (because I didn't know it was coming out) so I've still never gotten around to playing it.

Oublieux

There's something magical about running around the same place for 100 hours just to collect a whole bunch of stuff.

I did this in ACIV... Found that game oddly compelling despite being burned out by the end of the Ezio trilogy and absolutely abhorring the third game with Connor.

I'm actually missing one of those community naval ships... just one! But since they're randomized encounters, I have still been unable to nab it. Sigh.

Jawmuncher

Decided to play Depression Quest before bed.
It was an interesting experience to say the least. The game definitely gets the job done in teaching you more about depression in what I say is a easier format to digest. I would say it's worth a play just for that fact alone. Shouldn't take you much more than an hour probably less depending on you reading speed.

dot

woohoo!!! :D (it's a link to the video)

Oh man, that X-ray attack.... I need this gameeee.

I'm gonna try that Depression Quest game later. I feel like i need to play it...

also, just found out about Robin Williams. I loved this guy. Rest in peace. :(

dot

why is this thread so slow now
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-7CFE63A926BC3870 - Taken by Mono. 1 entrants total.

t1407821162z1.png

Hey, i feel bad i haven't been on the past couple of days.

Crawl has seriously been so much fun, i can't wait for more content to slowly be added to the game over the coming months.

Lethal League coming to Steam at the end of the month is amazing, everyone should get that so we can have some awesome Steam matches.

In the meantime, here is a giveaway because i want to.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gunstarheroes:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gunstarheroes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

eXceed Complete Pack -- MB-13BE83782D5F6E44 - Taken by iosefe. 3 entrants total.

t1407821822z1.png

So I just played a bit of Sleeping Dogs on Xbox, I got it free from the Games with Gold thing. I've got it on Steam too, but it's a bit too much for my laptop.

Well so far, the missions that you have to drive for (the van, the minibus) are just godawful. Those vehicles handle like crap. Anybody who's played, how many more bad missions are there like those? And if anybody's played on both PC and a console, is vehicle control equally bad on both systems?

Everything else is fun, but I really just can't do open world games that have bad vehicle mechanics...

Tellaerin

image.php

Is it the day I get Bad Rats? *spins the roulette*

Your avatar works so well with that. >.>

Sadamoto ♥

You guys have probably heard of this, but apparently you can get a free key to an action RPG made by Falcom (Ys series, Trails in the Sky) if you vote it up on Greenlight:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=286828342

Gurumin was great on PSP. It'd be good to have it on Steam - it definitely deserves an upvote.

_hekk05

Banned
I turn 23 today! (Aug 12)

In a short while, I'll be taking a flight to the states.

With the horrendous track record of airlines as of late, please wish me luck. Hopefully they've finally found alternative flight paths that avoid both syria and ukraine.

I probably won't be able to respond for a few days until I find wifi or sign up for a mobile data plan.

See ya later steamGaf! Gaming Night Gaf... I'm coming hohoho

Benedict

When is the next event where you will get something extra for crafting badges?
Wondering if I should craft some of mine now or just wait.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I did this in ACIV... Found that game oddly compelling despite being burned out by the end of the Ezio trilogy and absolutely abhorring the third game with Connor.

It's because it's so much better than III that it feels amazing in comparison.

With the horrendous track record of airlines as of late, please wish me luck. Hopefully they've finally found alternative flight paths that avoid both syria and ukraine.

I probably won't be able to respond for a few days until I find wifi or sign up for a mobile data plan.

Happy birthday, and good luck!

When is the next event where you will get something extra for crafting badges?
Wondering if I should craft some of mine now or just wait.

Most likely the winter sale.

Happy birthday and good luck!

Milamber

Birthday flight! Get the flight attendants to sing a birthday song for you.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Save travels, though I believe you'll be just fine. Hope you enjoy your time in the country, happy birthday!

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

Happy birthday and have a safe flight. Read Airframe by Michael Crichton on the flight. ;)

def sim

Only 30 cards left until I can play something again. :D

Happy birthday! I'm sure you will have a relatively enjoyable and safe flight.

Knurek

Hmm, Depression Quests has a "Third Party" button instead of Buy or Play. What's up with that, second time I see something like that.
Are these games not hosted on Valve servers or what?

Tellaerin

Happy birthday, man! Have a safe trip, and get in touch when you can!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm, Depression Quests has a "Third Party" button instead of Buy or Play. What's up with that, second time I see something like that.
Are these games not hosted on Valve servers or what?

I think it's just one of the cost descriptions, the other two being "Free" and "Free to Play".

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Zoe Quinn (developer of Depression Quest) is a punk developer. She can be grating at times, but I believe we do need more people like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom