• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once won a game in one of the Game Giveaway Group Steam Chat Rooms. Was very excited since there were close to 200 people in that room.

Mystery prize I got was Gun Monkeys. Freaking Gun Monkeys.

Once revealed I was the winner people in the chat were going crazy, asking what I won and group officers were like "now now, that's a surprise and you all should be excited in the prospect you'll win" and I just said f* it and said "it was Gun Monkeys".
People lol'ed and whatnot but the absolute weird thing was immediately afterwards several people send me PMs saying "please, give game". I repeated what it was and all answered the same "that's a bad game. but i still want it. give it to me". Was baffling. Gave it to one of them.

(‿ )

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

It's a surprise! -- MB-AA80F7714F0F057A - Taken by ExoSoul

Salsa

got a response from a Rocket League dev and the GAF flag is happening 👍

also helpin him get his gaf account approved

can I be unjuniored now

Haunted

FSYv5On.jpg

C-Wars
Middle guy reminds me of Baten Kaitos main character.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319280

Yatagarasu has 70$ of DLC? It's mostly superfluous, if not entirely, but that's still kind of nuts. Looking to use up the remainder of my wallet (24$) on something and was digging through the wishlist. This and Battle Fantasia jumped out at me for some reason.

People seem to universally love Yatagarasu despite having some issues with the port.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Middle guy reminds me of Baten Kaitos main character.

I really wish Namco would release both Baten Kaitos games on Steam. Maybe there's a chance if Symphonia does well and shows them that people are still perfectly willing to buy Gamecube/PS2-era games on PC if the port is well done and/or the price is right.

Well, maybe not Origins as they had some kinda weird publishing deal with Nintendo. A man can dream though.

got a response from a Rocket League dev and the GAF flag is happening ��

also helpin him get his gaf account approved

can I be unjuniored now

But you have a tag. Haven't you always? Can you be a junior and have a tag? Did you just now get it back? What's happening?!?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319280

Yatagarasu has 70$ of DLC? It's mostly superfluous, if not entirely, but that's still kind of nuts. Looking to use up the remainder of my wallet (24$) on something and was digging through the wishlist. This and Battle Fantasia jumped out at me for some reason.

People seem to universally love Yatagarasu despite having some issues with the port.

Look at what the DLC is. 30 dollars of it is voice packs and 10 more of it is the ost and the 20 dollar thing is older versions of the game and the last bit is art. None of DLC gives you extra stuff in the game honestly.

I love Yata but the netcode needs to be improved. As In connecting to matches. Once you get in the game has very little lag since you can set the frame delay.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Wait, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is no longer coming to PC? OR at least delayed for unknown amount of time?

Well, guess it's not so bad I gave up and spent that money on Rocket League instead now.

Corpekata

Banned
Wait, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is no longer coming to PC? OR at least delayed for unknown amount of time?

Well, guess it's not so bad I gave up and spent that money on Rocket League instead now.

The devs sold the IP to Sony IIRC and thus it will not be coming at all, likely.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The devs sold the IP to Sony IIRC and thus it will not be coming at all, likely.

They have been reassuring everyone via twitter and their AMA that they hope to bring it to PC in the future, which leads me to believe that it isn't quite as impossible as it may seem. After the extremely negative feedback from the re-reveal, I don't think they'd want to say such things unless there was an actual chance of Sony letting it happen.

Still, it might actually take the rapture before Rapture hits PC.

Corpekata

Banned
They have been reassuring everyone via twitter and their AMA that they hope to bring it to PC in the future, which leads me to believe that it isn't quite as impossible as it may seem. After the extremely negative feedback from the re-reveal, I don't think they'd want to say such things unless there was an actual chance of Sony letting it happen.

Still, it might actually take the rapture before Rapture hits PC.

Do you have a link? I remember hearing them say it was pretty much off the table. Or at the very least entirely up to Sony.

Asking for a friend?

I was hoping it wouldn't be so obvious

You mean to say that you haven't been subjected to it yet?

As you stated, people add you on Steam (typically because you have a lot of games) and then hits you up for a game. Some may try to 'get to know you first' so that you're more likely to feel their plight.

Never ever happened to me. Probably because I don't play multiplayer games without my friends often which probably decreases my chances of really getting to know someone on Steam

According to our groups in common I must have added him through Steamgifts to gift him something previously and I guess he saw that as a sign that I'm made of games and don't know what to do with them

That must be it, people think that if you give something away you're some kind of Arabian Prince with a pocket full of oil.

I've had someone beg me for a skin in LoL though... that may count, but he didn't even add me or anything, just during the game.

My bet is something like... sci-ock.

[tsɪok]

The t might be silent if the developer makes it a wordplay akin to psi-, but there's no real phonetic reason for it.

I think I'll just call it "Psychic" for now. Even if it's wrong.

I didn't care for that game or games like it but, that sucks for people that want it on PC.

Anyone played this? http://store.steampowered.com/app/340860/

Looks like a low budget Ace Combat game, which is perfect since Ace Combat is dead ;_;.

Saw it on a comiket trailer time ago and was always interested, didn't know it was on steam.

Answering myself:

I ended pulling the trigger, the game had favorauble steam reviews and they seem to point all the things I look on the game.

Raiders Sphere 4th is like I said, an Ace Combat clone, a doujin Ace Combat clone. Is fairly well done one, easily capturing the feel of these games (even up to the visual UI elements, like target markers). As usual AC tradition it features a plot to link all missions, this time done in usual VN fashion. For now there's nothing remarkable to say, it's been fairly standard, but there seems a deeper plot to keep you intrigued

So, is the game enough to scratch that Ace Combat itch? Definetly, even with the simple graphics (which are serviciable enough), it follows the AC formula notably: controls, mission structure (even the landing, take off and refueling in the air parts!) and game progression, even with the classical replays that uses very similar camera tricks. It really feels like a love letter to this saga in every aspect.

Of course is not as polished as the best Ace Combat games, graphics are poorly optimized (I get 40fps sometimes, for no good reason on a HD7950). But for the price I'd say is still a good deal for fans of the series.

And is VR compatible.

Dr Dogg

For the players right? Just not all the players.

How can I possibly defend an opinion that is not my own? I listed a consistent pattern I noticed, then cited the source. If someone is interested, then they can check in on the discussion there.

Merely meant as a one off observation, rather than an argument.

Hahaha who said anything about defending? Why do there always have to be these lines in the sand, diametrically opposed sides and embattled positions? Look opinions are fine and all but context is key and an opinion without context is more vapid that a review judged solely on its score. I've read that thread and for every well though out and reasoned post there are 20 "REwhatever > Your fav RE > Gun Survivor" posts. Fair do's you mentioned the thread but come on we're on a discussion forum and I would have hopped that my post might have sparked some debate amongst the thread. Bloody well didn't but hey I tried

I guess I'll buy it on PS4 after all. Coincidentally, I'm listening to the soundtrack on Spotify right this moment. It's fantastic. This game really hooked me.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Do you have a link? I remember hearing them say it was pretty much off the table. Or at the very least entirely up to Sony.

It is still up to Sony, but they've got dozens of tweets out in between their appreciative responses for the praise they've been given which range between "We hope it comes to PC" and "They know PC is important to us."

Whether that actually means anything, it remains to be seen. However, Santa Monica has appeared on PC in the past - Everyday Shooter being one they had involvement with and are still listed as staff in the PC version iirc. It was originally announced as a PC game, made into a PS3 exclusive, then ported to PSP, and finally back to the PC after a year or so. It's not 100% out of the picture, but we'd be wise to not keep our hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom