• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Isn't established you do crazy things when your drunk not to get drunk. Actually what am I saying I've done both, and in the same evening before.

I'm honestly just doing this for science.

I mean what are the chances I get indoctrinated and this then becomes my gaming life?

superman-dad-death-reaction-Kevin-Costner-1387241798Q.gif

Grief.exe

quick question..

I have an i5-4690K/290X/8GB RAM setup on this PC. I'm not worried about if it can run MGSV. My question is would it be better on my PC (knowing I'll have to tinker around with the settings a bit like I did with GZ) or getting it on PS4? My friends don;t play this so the usual "go with what your friends have" option doesn't matter.

Let's be honest, with that setup your PS4 will be in a closet for the majority of the generation.

What are the other 3DS games you played?

Not a lot, honestly, but that's because it doesn't have a lot of stuff that interests me -- I basically wanted one because I new a classic-type Zelda was coming and had an interest in checking out the games I've played below -- and everything outside of ALBW was disappointingly mediocre at best.

A Link Between Worlds (this is the other game I thought was high quality)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Luigi's Mansion 2

I've got a bunch of games I've played before (just not the 3DS version) as well, such as Starfox 64, Majora's Mask, and Ocarina of Time. I also have Mario Kart 7 or whatever it was called, but I can't be arsed to play it because I guess I'm just not into Nintendo games anymore.

Seriously, these Groupees bundles are a bit much. They need to slow down, please. My wallet can't take this abuse, lol!

Groupees Kitty Doggy Bundle

$1:

Woof Blaster (GL)
Apocatlypse (GL)
(Bonus) Reigning Cats

$2:

Poof
Vox Populi Vox Dei 2
Jerry Rice Dog Football (lol) (GL)
Wondercat Adventures (Android)

$5:

Hello Kitty Racing

Dr Dogg

Edit: Just had an idea. To make this actually a scientific experiment here's my button press stats for my mouse at present on this PC

fbDMDcY.png

Let's come back and see what this looks like in a week.

Sod a week here's after 30 mins.

Kng63GU.png

8,085! 8,085 clicks in just 30 mins!!! That's 4.5 a second. My poor mouse is going to be dead in a month. Actually the switches are rated for 30 million clicks. At this rate I'll actually kill it in 3 months if i was able to click non stop.

Nzyme32

Is MGS V still not available on GMG? My tolerance for waiting to purchase is wearing down unfortunately.

I don't think it is available anywhere other than Steam and Nvida keys being sold about the place, so probably also on some of the key reseller sights due to that.

I'd take a guess that they may open things up to other sites on the launch day, as they did with GZ

Nzyme32

Kng63GU.png

8,085! 8,085 clicks in just 30 mins!!! That's 4.5 a second. My poor mouse is going to be dead in a month. Actually the switches are rated for 30 million clicks. At this rate I'll actually kill it in 3 months if i was able to click non stop.

You're crazy! I'm a scientist and wouldn't touch a clicker game out of fear it destroying my life. Closest I got was the Summer Sale, but I considered it okay since it would only be there that week or so.. However I am more than happy to engage with human test subjects.

Click faster damn it!

Kng63GU.png

I will just let you know.

If you are manually clicking, you are doing it wrong.

Hey Guys wha-

I mean what are the chances I get indoctrinated and this then becomes my gaming life?

Edit: Just had an idea. To make this actually a scientific experiment here's my button press stats for my mouse at present on this PC

SkyDsGa.gif

Not you too Dr. Dogg. You guys and your clickers. I am disgusted. Burn this thread down.

Not a lot, honestly, but that's because it doesn't have a lot of stuff that interests me -- I basically wanted one because I new a classic-type Zelda was coming and had an interest in checking out the games I've played below -- and everything outside of ALBW was disappointingly mediocre at best.

A Link Between Worlds (this is the other game I thought was high quality)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Luigi's Mansion 2

I've got a bunch of games I've played before (just not the 3DS version) as well, such as Starfox 64, Majora's Mask, and Ocarina of Time. I also have Mario Kart 7 or whatever it was called, but I can't be arsed to play it because I guess I'm just not into Nintendo games anymore.
Ah I get you. That's fine if it's not your thing it's not your thing :) and I am not saying Gunvolt is bad. I just think I was trying to get something out of it that wasn't there. Me not liking the main mechanic doesn't help either.

Sober

Rather than dissecting how people get enjoyment out of entertainment, just consider one thing:

One can only experience something blind once, at most. You can only not know the story of a movie/book/game in advance, while experiencing it, once. Even if that experience won't be the greatest thing ever, it is, in some way, precious because it can't be regained once lost.
This is true as well but people these days place way too much emphasis on plot twists as if they're the end all be all.

go play witcher 3 you fucking weirdos

But I'm at work!

Besides, I finally finished it last week after barely playing anything else for exactly 3 months.
Time to show other games some love.
I'm still doing sidequests and will jump into NG+ soon lol, but I'm a Witcher fanatic, so yeah...

Dsyndrome

Son of a bitch, had the Risen Pack in my cart to checkout, then 10:00 AM hit. Now it's $70.

For the best, would've gone straight to backlog.

Dr Dogg

You're crazy! I'm a scientist and wouldn't touch a clicker game out of fear it destroying my life. Closest I got was the Summer Sale, but I considered it okay since it would only be there that week or so.. However I am more than happy to engage with human test subjects.

Click faster damn it!

I will just let you know.

If you are manually clicking, you are doing it wrong.

Hey Guys wha-

http://i.imgur.com/SkyDsGa.gif[IMG]

Not you too Dr. Dogg. You guys and your clickers. I am disgusted. Burn this thread down.[/QUOTE]

Well I just stumbled on the subreddit. This rabbit hole goes a lot deeper than I thought...

[url]https://www.reddit.com/r/ClickerHeroes/comments/3ht9oq/a_study_in_efficiency_dps_per_gold/[/url]

What, really? I just set my two side buttons to "double click" and then use both of those plus the LMB. It's pretty easy to lag Clicker Heroes that way.

Idling is where it's at. Or using an autoclicker if Idling isn't fast enough.

Well I just stumbled on the subreddit. This rabbit hole goes a lot deeper than I thought...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ClickerHeroes/comments/3ht9oq/a_study_in_efficiency_dps_per_gold/

The thirst is real.

Dsyndrome

I've got a spreadsheet I found to update Siyalatas and the bunch, he's currently sitting at Level 15, Morgulis is Level 225. Highest game level I've reached is 369, need to break through another barrier, it seems.

fbDMDcY.png

Speaking of this is there any idea what other clicker games we are suppose to be getting? We got this , Adventure Capitalist , Tap Tap Infinity , Time Clickers and Sakura Wars. With Insanity Clicker on the way is there anything else i'm unaware of?

I've got a spreadsheet I found to update Siyalatas and the bunch, he's currently sitting at Level 15, Morgulis is Level 225. Highest game level I've reached is 369, need to break through another barrier, it seems.

the subreddit has a couple calculators you can upload your data to and it'll output what Ancients to upgrade based on efficiency and if you are going for Progression or Soul gathering.

Stellaris sounds equal parts amazing and terrifying...

PCGamer said:
While the character creation screen I'm shown contains roughly 100 portraits for different alien races, the tools for creating an empire are virtually limitless. In addition to your empire's look, you'll also be able to define its traits, technologies, ethics, and even how FTL travel will work. The AI will do the same, ensuring you have no idea who's lurking beyond the range of your sensors.

And it is probably not hyperbole given how dense Europa Universalis is. All of the stuff in that article sounds great about how warfare and peacetime are handled, alliances, a galactic federation, meeting pre-space travel aliens (abductions!), dangerous technologies causing late-game disasters, it all sounds great. The reason I love and play as much Civ V and Beyond Earth as I do is the games are sandboxes, Civ V obviously a bigger sandbox. Every game is a surprise and Stellaris sounds like it has even more potential.

Maybe this will finally be my gateway into grand strategy games.

Well I'm just reading some of the 'Pro Strats' and considering I'm at Zone 20 right now this sent shivers down my spine.

Yeah. progression is slow at the beginning...once you get Ancients and move some Gilded heroes around, things get a bit more focused.

Right now I'm pushing to level 2400 and my ascensions start around level 300.

Note for those far along to ascend, only ascend when there is a clickable on the screen. This ensures you start with a decent chunk of money making it easy to progress.

zkylon

zkylewd

fbDMDcY.png

how do u get this info

i'd like to see my right click presses since i broke my right click on my steelseries mouse

stupid league of legendsl ol

I was confused about that too, but you don't need to download the program. You just have to use the cortex deals site.

I thought I didn't until it said right below the screen name sign-in to do so. Since everything was on major slowdown, figured I download it just so I can hurry up the process. At least it wasn't a major pain to uninstall.

Lain

Well I'm just reading some of the 'Pro Strats' and considering I'm at Zone 20 right now this sent shivers down my spine.

Zone 200 will come rather fast. I might have reached it after my first ascension, though it was a bit tough getting there because of the cooldown timers, but at least the game amasses gold while it's off so you do get some progress even while waiting for those cooldowns to come back.

Yeah. progression is slow at the beginning...once you get Ancients and move some Gilded heroes around, things get a bit more focused.

Right now I'm pushing to level 2400 and my ascensions start around level 300.

Note for those far along to ascend, only ascend when there is a clickable on the screen. This ensures you start with a decent chunk of money making it easy to progress.

I wanna reach your level, sensei!

ArjanN

Remember snitches get bitches.
But I agree any spoilers in the steam thread not clearly marked will be terrible. That also means don't just spoiler text something with no indication of what it is.

I don't even see the need to post marked spoilers in here. Especially any time even close to release. IMO you can just talk around it in very general terms or go to some dedicated story thread if you really can't help yourself.

@IntiCreatesEN 7:00 AM
Azure Striker #Gunvolt is coming to Steam on Aug 28, 2015, and it's packed with new features! Available for $14.99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyM6yfBC_gU

Cool, and it comes with Mighty Gunvolt as well.

Bambi's mum dies.
There you go story ruined because now you're wondering how and all the light hearted moments leading up to that are ruined because you know something awful is going to happen.

Awesome new... Hey hang on the 28th is the same day MegaMan Collection comes out. That's a big coincidence.

Megaman Collection is the 25th actually.

And yeah, spoilers don't always ruin the enjoyment of a story but sometimes they do, and it's just common courtesy to err on the side of caution and not post spoilers in unrelated threads unless you're trying to be a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom